Legality Of Thailand's 213% Import Tariff On Foreign Made Bikes

Kf6vci

Kf.. the duties that total 213%. are actually 3 maybe 4 different parts so perfectly ok. Many countries tax the arse out of things. The USA especially.

Your bias is showing...You just couldn't help yourself but had to ping the USA.

I'm sure you have researched the taxes and duties from other countries i.e. the 100% duty imposed by Thailand on vehicles. Could it be a little bit of jealousy?

Kf.. the duties that total 213%. are actually 3 maybe 4 different parts so perfectly ok. Many countries tax the arse out of things. The USA especially.

I'm sure you have researched the taxes and duties from other countries i.e. the 100% duty imposed by Thailand on vehicles. Could it be a little bit of jealousy?

Why do you think Honda, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, BMW manufactors vehicles in the US? To avoid high protective US import duties?

Sure not to improve quality or attracted by low US wages :)

I didnt 'ping' the USA. I stated a fact. The USA for all its talk about free and fair import taxation uses it as a tool to batter down the taxes imposed on its own manufacturing segments. If a country does not fall into line then 'special' taxes apply for that countries imported goods.

Nearly anything you can buy, including even some items which are made in Thailand, can be bought much cheaper in the US than in Thailand.

Especially when you are talking about items which are made in places other than the US and Thailand.

I am sure that is due to the US imposition of "high import taxes".

:)