Best Place To Advertise For Staff?

Theyreallrubbish

The ThaiVisa classifieds. Just one click away.

Or advertise in the Chaing Mai local newspaper. It`s a free local advertising paper for Thai people, in Thai text.

Ads cost from 400 baht up to 600 baht per month.

Can`t remember the name of it, but their office is located in Chaing Mai land. Ask any Thai, most know where it is.

Edited by sassienie

Or advertise in the Chaing Mai local newspaper. It`s a free local advertising paper for Thai people, in Thai text.

Can`t remember the name of it, but their office is located in Chaing Mai land. Ask any Thai, most know where it is.

I'm not sure that Thais would look at ThaiVisa classifieds for jobs. Besides, if they read the forum they would discover that "The sole benefit of (foreigners) operating a business here is to exploit cheap labor." We can thank Lannarebirth for that little nugget of wisdom. :)

I wonder if anyone has had any results from using the Government Labour Office on the road to Mae Rim? I vaguely recall my wife trying it a few years ago, but I don't think there was any response.

Edited by KevinHunt

I'm not sure that Thais would look at ThaiVisa classifieds for jobs. Besides, if they read the forum they would discover that "The sole benefit of (foreigners) operating a business here is to exploit cheap labor." We can thank Lannarebirth for that little nugget of wisdom. :)

I wonder if anyone has had any results from using the Government Labour Office on the road to Mae Rim? I vaguely recall my wife trying it a few years ago, but I don't think there was any response.

Yeah, and I stand by that statement. I understand exploit can have a negative connotation also but more commonly it simply means to "utilize". If your staff were working full time in America earning minimum wage they'd be costing you maybe $25k annually. Maybe your margins could absorb that or you have additional priceing power but I don't think most businesses are in a similar position.

Yeah, and I stand by that statement. I understand exploit can have a negative connotation also but more commonly it simply means to "utilize". If your staff were working full time in America earning minimum wage they'd be costing you maybe $25k annually. Maybe your margins could absorb that or you have additional priceing power but I don't think most businesses are in a similar position.

If I understood that 'exploit can have a negative connotation' then I would use a different word. Like 'utilise'. :) Just for the sake of clarity, you understand.

You may also want to consider that there may be other benefits of operating a business here. You did say 'the sole benefit', after all. Just a thought.

Edited by KevinHunt

If I understood that 'exploit can have a negative connotation' then I would use a different word. Like 'utilise'. :) Just for the sake of clarity, you understand.

You may also want to consider that there may be other benefits of operating a business here. You did say 'the sole benefit', after all. Just a thought.

Yes, I'll grant you there may be other, less tangible benefits and probably some additional challanges as well.

I have always wondered about the labor office where someone either quit their job or was fired.

The Thai web site, http://www.jobnorththailand.com/site/index.asp