Sleeping Hot Or Cold?

Dazzler

My Thai girl has recently spent a couple of nights at my place.

All is fine until we want to get some sleep; she goes under the duvet, partially clothed and then ramps up the aircon cos she says she is hot (obviously). I find it unbearably cold and after a while get irritated sniffles/cough etc.. When I wake in the morning I feel like s**t and she has slept fine. It feels like I've spent a night outside at the North Pole.

She explains her mother used to wrap her up and put the air on since she was young, so this is how she is used to sleeping. When I am alone, I don't have air con on, sleep uncovered and naked, and sleep fine. Sometimes I cool the room down for a few minutes first before I go to sleep.

Tried using the fan but it was really noisy, and she was too hot. Never have any problems with previous girls, though often we've both been under the influence of alcohol and passed out naturally without difficulty!

Anyone else have this problem with thai girls? Any solutions, short of sleeping in different rooms?

All is fine until we want to get some sleep; she goes under the duvet, partially clothed and then ramps up the aircon cos she says she is hot (obviously). I find it unbearably cold and after a while get irritated sniffles/cough etc.. When I wake in the morning I feel like s**t and she has slept fine. It feels like I've spent a night outside at the North Pole.

She explains her mother used to wrap her up and put the air on since she was young, so this is how she is used to sleeping. When I am alone, I don't have air con on, sleep uncovered and naked, and sleep fine. Sometimes I cool the room down for a few minutes first before I go to sleep.

Tried using the fan but it was really noisy, and she was too hot. Never have any problems with previous girls, though often we've both been under the influence of alcohol and passed out naturally without difficulty!

Anyone else have this problem with thai girls? Any solutions, short of sleeping in different rooms?

First post hey? :o

Interesting topic...

"her mother used to wrap her up and put on the air"???

<deleted>? :D

I wonder how many TG's who meet and sleep with falungs were born and raised in air conditioning?

I smell a troll. :D

My Thai girl has recently spent a couple of nights at my place....North Pole.

She explains her mother used to wrap her up and put the air on since she was young, so this is how she is used to sleeping.... When I am alone, I don't have air con on, sleep uncovered and naked....

First post hey? :o

Interesting topic...

I wonder how many TG's who meet and sleep with falungs were born and raised in air conditioning?

I smell a troll. :D

troll.gif

Good nose me-thinks there Jai Dee. And I wonder how many TG's were born and raised in houses that had electricity, let alone air con. :D

I smell a troll. :o

Hi guys. The girl's family are reasonably well-off and can afford aircon. She was the first-born and was probably well spoilt.

Also, the girl is 25, earns around Bt100,000 per month in the marketing/media industry, still lives with her parents in Bangkok (hence her only just staying over a couople of times after seeing me for 9 months) and has had only one serious boyfriend (5 yr relationship).

Hope all is clearer now?!

Also, the girl is 25, earns around Bt100,000 per month...

5555555555555555..... you got me there! ROTFLMAO

:o

For a Thai to earn THB 100K a month, one would be in a very senior position in top management.

A 25 year old girl eaning that kind of money?

:D :D :D

Absolutely positively a TROLL.

:D

Also, the girl is 25, earns around Bt100,000

For a Thai to earn THB 100K a month, one would be in a very senior position in top management.

Next time I'll lie and say she is a bargirl, then maybe someone will believe me!!! :D

She works freelance, often at 2 events/launches/exhibitions per day, 28/29 days per month, long hours, often managing and co-ordinating other staff. Worked her way through Uni, and has 7 years experience now in her field.

If we marry I hope to retire shortly after! :D

Sorry Jai Dee but this is possible. I have some friends who work in the media business and 2 are casting directors(one freelance the other not) They all earn in excess of 100K. So its totally possible. Maybe not a troll?

I've felt your pain a little...

Here in BKK, we compromise by using a duvet cover without the insulation and keeping the thermostat around 24 C automatic, so aircon doesn't run that much during the night until peak hot season.

Also, I'd guess a large amount of clothing speaks to her overall sense of security or shame! Thai middle/upper class like you've described can have very conservative, almost puritan notions engrained in them, moreso for the girls. It took my wife years to relax some of her prudish upbringing (prudish compared to my, ahem, exposure to naturist practises in California). Be understanding, patient, and encouraging of gradual change if you're serious about marrying... :o

Sorry Jai Dee but this is possible. I have some friends who work in the media business and 2 are casting directors(one freelance the other not) They all earn in excess of 100K. So its totally possible. Maybe not a troll?

Sorry Jockstar, possible yes, probable, naw. By the way, what does our trollish "stud" OP bring to the relationship. She's making 100K a month. :D

I also like to wrap up in blankets with the a/c at 19 degrees. I like fresh air, too, so my windows are open... If I still feel warm, I'll turn on the fan, too.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make much sense, but I get a great sleep if I've coordinated everything correctly :o

Here we both like to sleep with air con up high and blanket (duvet?) covering us both. But, when I get out of the shower I like the air con still up high; she wants it off. Difference is: she showers with only cold water, I use hot.

What does 100,000K baht have to do with air con preference?

I 'contribute' about Bt350k per month, though she never asks for anything, apart from a bedroom as warm as Siberia.

I suppose we have to keep trying the different combinations of bedding, clothing (yes she is uncomfortable in the nud_e), air con levels and fan. Maybe I just drink a bottle of whiskey and I won't care either way!

I 'contribute' about Bt350k per month, though she never asks for anything, apart from a bedroom as warm as Siberia.

I suppose we have to keep trying the different combinations of bedding, clothing (yes she is uncomfortable in the nud_e), air con levels and fan. Maybe I just drink a bottle of whiskey and I won't care either way!

keg_pounding_sm_clr.gif

I'd say you have already drank that bottle of whiskey when you signed up to TV today for a sTROOL. :o

My TW grew up (poor)in Buriram, worked in Chiang Mai, BKK and Pattaya and *hates* the hot weather - here in oz the fan is constantly on level 3 and the air con on high, she wraps in the all weather duvet while sleeping as do I - a previous poster mentioned co-ordination - thats exactly my method :obugger waking up with the sweats!

Also, the girl is 25, earns around Bt100,000

Next time I'll lie and say she is a bargirl, then maybe someone will believe me!!! :D

She works freelance, often at 2 events/launches/exhibitions per day, 28/29 days per month, long hours, often managing and co-ordinating other staff. Worked her way through Uni, and has 7 years experience now in her field.

If we marry I hope to retire shortly after!  :D

So shes 25, has had 7 yrs experience in her line of work, and went to university???

So I assume she would have been 14/15 when she went to Uni??

And you contribute 350K per month, but she doesnt ask for anything??? So you contribute what exactly?? Dream on lover boy!!!!

Im with you on this one Jai Dee. Troll with nothing better to do!!! Go and haunt some houses NHC

Dazzler.....Maybe she`s got the bottle of Johnny Walker under the duvet!

You should really shake off your inhibitions and dive under for a tot or two.. :o

Actually I tought a TROLL was an older homosexual man who preyed upon young men for bedroom activity.

These phoney questions from 'Newbies' are in my eyes just timewasters but sometimes the thread can develop and some good comes out of it.

I very much doubt that 'Dazzler' has a Thai girlfriend on 100K, that is about £1300 quid a month. Private doctors in Thailand don't earn that....and Thai women on good salaries marry Thai men on good salaries as a rule.

Wilson Steer (Happy with an ex-bargirl)

So shes 25, has had 7 yrs experience in her line of work, and went to university???

So I assume she would have been 14/15 when she went to Uni??

And you contribute 350K per month, but she doesnt ask for anything??? So you contribute what exactly?? Dream on lover boy!!!!

Im with you on this one Jai Dee. Troll with nothing better to do!!! Go and haunt some houses NHC

JacknDanny: 25-7 = 18, the age when she went to University and started working, though not obviuously at 100k per month then!

I am bored now with people debating the girl's status, background etc... This is irrelevant and a complete waste of time. Can we talk about the actual "issue" I posted for a change?

I am bored now with people debating the girl's status, background etc... This is irrelevant and a complete waste of time. Can we talk about the actual "issue" I posted for a change?

OK, just in case you aren't a troll (I hear you jockstar), I'll treat this as a normal topic and ignore the girl's background. I'd suggest the following:

1. Get a lighter duvet/cover - the one you have may be too heavy and retain too much heat.

2. Make sure she has a cool shower immediately before getting into bed. Her inital body temperature should not require too much further cooling to reach that "drop-off-to-sleep" trigger moment. And a "pat-dry" with a towell rather than a complete dry will result in slightly damp skin that will feel cold as soon as it comes into contact with moving air.

3. Put a bowl of water in the room, preferably near the air-con outlet. The evaporation will negate the drying out effect of the air-con and raise the room's humidity, and hopefully reduce or eliminate that dry throat/coughing that you can get with too much air conditioning.

Try weaening her of the duvet slowly and if that works switch of the conditiner.

If that don't work ,get drunk when ever she stay's over ,problem solved .) :o

I always find the level of clothing my girlfriend wears in bed indicates her mood with me at the time. If she's fully clothed when she hits the sack, then no action for Jack. If it's just a towel then...well you know what I mean!

1. Get a lighter duvet/cover - the one you have may be too heavy and retain too much heat.

2. Make sure she has a cool shower immediately before getting into bed. Her inital body temperature should not require too much further cooling to reach that "drop-off-to-sleep" trigger moment. And a "pat-dry" with a towell rather than a complete dry will result in slightly damp skin that will feel cold as soon as it comes into contact with moving air.

3. Put a bowl of water in the room, preferably near the air-con outlet. The evaporation will negate the drying out effect of the air-con and raise the room's humidity, and hopefully reduce or eliminate that dry throat/coughing that you can get with too much air conditioning.

mmm... duvet is already light, and she always showers before going to bed.

May try the bowl of water.

Failing that its either alcohol, different rooms or a new woman! :o

I'm usually quite comfortable sleeping with just a fan one & the windows open. Occasionally my wife turns on the AC and I have the same problem as the OP - an uncomfortable sleep followed by a runny nose and cough in the morning.

One solution I tried is to turn up the thermostat on the AC. Most Thais seem to think that the AC has just one setting - full blast :o . Quietly turn your thermostat up a few degrees and replace your duvet with a topsheet.

BTY: I have a part time job at a Thai Company where some of the young execs - say about 30 yo - earn 200K per month. With good family connections and a decent job 100K/month is possible. After all, who do you think is buying all of those Benz's and BMW's that are crowding the roads here?

What is so hard to believe about a mid-twenties Thai girl making 100K/month, and an expat making 350K/month? Maybe some of you need to get out of the English-teacher-bar-owner-bar-girl sphere every once in a while and see how the other half live! I know plenty of expats making over 1 million baht a month, and young Thais making in the hundreds of thousands.

Anyway, getting back to the subject. I'm in the camp that likes the room temperature at 18-19 degrees, and lots of fluffy blankets on top. I can't think of any immediate solution to your sleeping compatibility problem, short of separate bedrooms (which is no fun).

Anyway, getting back to the subject.  I'm in the camp that likes the room temperature at 18-19 degrees, and lots of fluffy blankets on top. ...

:o Jeez! I have my aircon set to 28.5 C and have an overhead fan - that's plenty cool enough! The g/f usually wants it a bit cooler - maybe I should post this in the "You know when you've been in Thailand too long..." topic.

What is so hard to believe about a mid-twenties Thai girl making 100K/month, and an expat making 350K/month?  Maybe some of you need to get out of the English-teacher-bar-owner-bar-girl sphere every once in a while and see how the other half live!  I know plenty of expats making over 1 million baht a month, and young Thais making in the hundreds of thousands.

I suppose I could be hanging around the wrong crowd, but having managed a "branch office" with Thai staff in Bangkok in the mid 90's for 6 years, I have a fair idea of salaries of Thai professionals and expats. Not sure about the "plenty" that is referred to here making over a million a month and "Thais making in the hundreds of thousands", but this wouldn't be the norm. A sample reference by Mercer Human Resource Consulting perhaps puts current salaries in perspective:2004/2005 Thailand total remuneration survey

And to topic: I set my therm to 25 and with fan it's really comfortable under a blanket. My wife gets up in the middle of the night and turns the air off, says it's cold (plus she thinks running the air con is expensive....good on her). :o