Why Do Farangs Like Thai Girls With Dark Skin ?

mc2

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only farangs who don't come here to meet women are Gay! :D

I came here for the culture and the temples, thank you very much. :D

Personally I came here for the food. :D

Personally, I came here for the 14,000 Baht/month teacher's salary.... :)

I came here for songkran and when it's over I will think of going home

Just you.... nothing worse than a pasty white ghost looking Asian. :)

Yes I agree give me a beautiful thai with that nice olive skin anyday.

These girls are probably thinking exactly the same thing when some pasty pimply wrinkled skinned overweight old Farang gets in bed with them.

The answer is simple: Thais like white skin because traditionally, being white-skinned showed that they were rich enough not to have to work on the rice fields. It's all about status

As for westerners, I simply think that it is because if I had liked big, tall white skinned girls with noses as big and straight as water taps, then why come to Thailand?

The answer is simple: Thais like white skin because traditionally, being white-skinned showed that they were rich enough not to have to work on the rice fields. It's all about status

As for westerners, I simply think that it is because if I had liked big, tall white skinned girls with noses as big and straight as water taps, then why come to Thailand?

oooohhh, me thinks you will experience the red wrath soon. :)

• 1 month later...
Thais ask me this question all the time and i am unable to give any satisfactory answer.

I don't know about other people, but I was raised by parents and school in such a way that skin colour was never an issue for me, but rather the character of the individual.

As for 'farangs, who like Thai girls with dark skin', maybe its the other way round :) - the Thai girls who like me, for example, can pretty much be divided into two groups: group one is hi-so (highly educated, speaks English well, has more money than I have, drives an expensive car, happily shares restaurant bills, but is unattractive and overweight/fat. Group two is slim or even thin, feminine, with darker complexion, from a poor background, with only basic education, never shares bills, but is actually attractive (to me), as I'm not attracted to girls who weight as much or more than I do. --> I'm not interested in members of group 1.

And Group 3; the educated, multilingual, slim, attractive, personable, high society girls ????? You omitted them

These girls are probably thinking exactly the same thing when some pasty pimply wrinkled skinned overweight old Farang gets in bed with them.

Ouch !

The good, the bad, and the ugly. He was great actor and will be missed.

I really don't think they care at all as long as the bills paid

My male thai friends ask me this question more often than any other question too, and I can’t give a good answer to them either. :)

Given the fact I have neither a penchant for nor any attraction to the oh-so dark skinned, flat nosed, splayed toed, gold encrusted, tattooed, 5th grade drop out, pidgin engrish speaking females which; at least IMHO, seem to be the preferred “thai-in-tow” (aka; (in)significant other) for most male foreigners I see in and about the country, I am certainly not qualified to comment. .. :D

I wonder why this question gets resurrected on T/V so often? It is a well known proven fact; ALL the male members of this forum have ONLY pearly white skinned, Thai/Chinese (aka; thai-nese), uni-educated, uber-rich (aka; hi-so), well connected wives and girlfriends. :D

My male thai friends ask me this question more often than any other question too, and I can’t give a good answer to them either. :)

Given the fact I have neither a penchant for nor any attraction to the oh-so dark skinned, flat nosed, splayed toed, gold encrusted, tattooed, 5th grade drop out, pidgin engrish speaking females which; at least IMHO, seem to be the preferred “thai-in-tow” (aka; (in)significant other) for most male foreigners I see in and about the country, I am certainly not qualified to comment. .. :D

I wonder why this question gets resurrected on T/V so often? It is a well known proven fact; ALL the male members of this forum have ONLY pearly white skinned, Thai/Chinese (aka; thai-nese), uni-educated, uber-rich (aka; hi-so), well connected wives and girlfriends. :D

Not all Tod, but some. My wife is Thai Chinese, Uni-educated. The mia noi is rich and connected. :D

I like being outdoors and being in the sun. I like parks, beaches and walking outdoors. When I had a light skinned girlfriend who would scurry from shadow to shade it was a nightmare. I met a darker skinned girl who was also into the great outdoors and did not really care if she went a shade or two darker in the sun. This lady is now my wife.

Back in the 18th and 19th century, Europeans were just like the modern Thais when it come to skin color : they would cover themselves with lotions and powder and try to stay away from the sun as much as possible. Basically, having a tan back then meant that you had to work outdoors, therefore you were of a lower class.

In the 20th and 21st century, Europe (and North America) has moved to an industrial society. Nowadays, having a tan when you live in, say, the UK or France, means that you can afford exotic holidays or, at worst, sessions at the tanning salon. Being tanned in Europe and the US is perceived as a sign of wealth.

Also, as it has been explained here before, I don't think that a lot of farangs specifically care about the color of the skin of their Asian partners. But since a lot of farangs date lower-class Thais, we are bound to have more frequent relationships with dark-skinned girls and boys than with light-skinned ones.

Is there farang racism against whiter skinned Thai girls? It's like some people assume that lighter skinned girls must somehow be part of an evil chinese agenda. Let's be honest here, lighter skinned girls are usually better educated here and with better jobs and so not as likely to want a foreign man unless he is on her level socially and economically.

yup, you hit the nail on the head.. in general, guys that can easily meet nice women in farang land (because of their positive physical and mental attributes, social status, etc... as perceived by the women in farang land..asian OR caucasion) have a better "pick of the litter" in LOS.. whether they like dark or light, stunners or attractive, chinese thai-educated with jai dee hearts..they can be a little choosier in general..but is this news???

Would it surprise you to know that this has been done before?

What a question for Christmas. Okay, Thais in Bangkok call people from the northeast, (Isan) , which is 33% of Thailand Lao.

Dark skin for richer Thais means that they're from the Isan and used to work in rice fields. Those girls with cash are using more skin whitener than all buffaloes together.

But because times are changing, there are rich Thai girls with lots of cash, big cars and houses. If they get around, nobody would even try to think about something bad. Money covers color. Dark skin for the most part means no, or a very bad education, which is in many cases true. It also means that girls with a dark skin come from a very poor family.

Please consider that being with a girl without education isn't really that what all men like, I mean you don't need to talk about astral physics, right? But if they know nothing, it could be strange for you.

You can't just stay with a girl because she's so nice, or???? Greetings from a part of the 33% of Thailand. Have a good one.

post-39518-1261724563_thumb.jpg

post-39518-1261724806_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sisaketmike

Yep, Thaivisa members only marry and date thai-chinese astrophysicist millionaires. It's curious as how in the thaivisa meet photos i've seen the opposite seems to be truth. Curious indeed. :):D

First of all a darker skin in Asia implies that they are field workers who are constantly exposed to the sun. Whiter skin implies that they are from the leisure class.

I also read an article several years ago in a no less prestigious magazine than Foreign Affairs. I don't remember the exact subject of the article but in it the author addresses the issue of why westerners have "a thing" for Asian women. His theory was that they maintain the look of a fourteen year old girl well into their forties. And natural selection leads us to the most fertile and nubile females - fourteen year olds.

:)

Don't know if his theory is accurate but it does offer an explanation.

If there were an equal mix of darker and lighter skinned women throughout the social and economic classes in Thailand then I doubt there would be any identifiable preferences in Westerners choice of skin tone.

This is system of a socio-economic availability.

If the situation were to be reversed and in general lighter skinned women were less financially secure than their darker sisters the question may well be… ‘Why Do Westerners Like lighter Skinned Thai women’.

It’s only when all other factors are equal and social pressures are removed this question can be answered truthfully without men attempting to justify why they ended up with an ill-educated monkey, someone who sold their body or on the flip side why they ended up with a pasty skinned wealthy white woman.

Quesiton: Why do westerners like dark skinned asian women?

Answer: How many lighter skinned women do you see in the area’s where Westerners tend to hang around?

I think we all know which demographic group is attracted to and which avoid the areas with a greater abundance of Foreigners.

Since my skin is inherited from my ancestors who lived in the Highlands of Scotland every Thai I meet is dark compared to me.

I therefore regard all Thais as the same i.e. darker......I am fairly certain that this is not an answer that a light skinned Thai wants to hear as they clearly believe for various, social, economic, racial reasons that whiter is better.

I don't think they particularly prefer dark skin, most don't care one way or the other, it's just that the women available to them usually have dark skin.

This is bulls*it, perhaps all this represents is your sad exposure to Thai ladies or boys from the farming community or is a reflection on you and your lowlife friends?