A Bit Sus On A Girl I Met

pigh123

So I was on Koh Tao for a couple of weeks with some friends.

On my last afternoon there, I was sitting on the rocks looking at the sunset.

Then this thai guy with his young kid start swimming near me and laughing/playing throwing seaweed at each other, then in the corner of my eye I see a pretty girl walking over in a bikini and sarong.

She starts swimming in front of me and then starts playing with the other 2(who turn out to be her father and brother). I give her a nice smile and she jumps up next to me and we start chatting. When she starts being flirty I ask her age, because she looks about 17 if that(im only 22), she says shes 20. Anyway blah blah a couple of hours pass and she's telling me how much she likes me and holds onto my arm looking at me almost trying to get a kiss, then she has to leave with her dad and brother. So we exchange email and she tells me I have to meet here at her familys massage store the next day lol she says she only work reception... then she gets upset when I say I cant because Im leaving the next day but will keep in contact and maybe come back another time.

So then I leave Koh Tao, back to Bangkok to farewell my friends and then head to Malaysia to get a visa.

In the last 3 weeks, since I left, we've been emailing back and forth and I havnt really been paying much attention just keeping her on the line so to speak. Well shes been a little over the top, saying she misses me so much and she wants me there "now!" I took this as her just being an emotional thai girl but always considered off course that there could be more to it since we only met in person once lol.

Now im in Chiang Mai like I had planned and will be in bangkok tomorrow and she keeps getting angrier saying I have to be there for her birthday and that I can stay at there place, her parents are okay. I keep telling her I'll be down that way soon(in 2 days but she dosnt know that). Then today I thought i'd let her know i'll be there in 2 days, since she is really nice and pretty and well yeah im attracted to her.

Then just as I go to let her know im finally heading down, I open my hotmail account and theres an email from her. She writes she has a secret she needs to tell me, she says that she had some money saved up in her bank then her uncle stole her banking book and withdrew all her money about 2 months ago, he could do this because his name is on the account aswell. She says she told her parents but they cant do anything because her uncle owns there house and the massage business. And she said that she dosnt want my money, she just had to tell someone because she feels alone and no one cares...

Now my first reaction was ha shes trying to get my sympathy and is just another thai girl after money(not that there anything wrong with that). But im in two minds because I already told her Im poor lol and she said she dosnt want money just needed to tell someone.

But I cant help thinking she's trying to set up a relationship thinking i'm a chump and will send her money... Or in the back of my mind im even thinking maybe she is underage and wants me to stay with her then her dad would try extort money from me... I mean he did seem rather casual with her holding onto my arm and almost kissing in public.

So im heading down south tomorrow, should I take the ferry to see her(I do get along with her the best out of all the thai girls i've met) or should I turn and run??? :)

Edited by pigh123

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im heading down south tomorrow, should I take the ferry to see her(I do get along with her the best out of all the thai girls i've met) or should I turn and run??? :)

Run Rabbit, Run Rabbit...Run Run Run..

Shall we paraphrase your story

Doesnt matter even if you have told her you have no money, the average Thai believes all Farangs are rich.

Secondly, if she was in front of her father and brother, she wouldnt be grabbing you and trying to flirt/kiss you a few minutes/hours after meeting you.

Massage parlour connection...rings the alarm bells, as does the line about the uncle "stealing" the money..

You are being set up....sick Buffalo time me thinks...

Guess the only way for you to find out is to get to know her better, huh'

Buy her lunch and have a good time but maybe set yourself some rules before hand so you can keep your integrity and make the right decisions.

For example:

don't sleep with her yet

don't get her drunk

don't give her money

don't stay at her folks house

don't fall in love just yet!!

Maybe after a while you will see that she is ok and realy does like you for you and not your ATM card....only time can tell...

Her behavior is a bit suspect indeed. (bikini/affectionate to a complete stranger within a few hrs) Most thai(s) are very shy around other thai people and even more so around family. She barely knows you and is this attached already? I certainly wouldnt stay with her, and I'd move cautiously regardless of how much you are attracted to her.

:) haha run run run

Man they can be convincing over here.

I just sent her an email saying she just wants money... I meet many Thai girl here like her... and that she should find older man because older man usually has more money... and why would I stay with her uncle if he steals money lol

She sent back saying no no no, that I should understand that it is me she wants blah blah blah im stuck in her heart looking at my pictures lol and that her uncle lives in krabi and she moved away from there because of that and that I must call her.

Just googled her email and came up with a few posts she's made in a thai forum, just teenage poetry on an innocent forum really.

Still not sure if I'll bother taking the over night train to see her, guess I'll wait it out and question her a little longer.

Guess the only way for you to find out is to get to know her better, huh'

Buy her lunch and have a good time but maybe set yourself some rules before hand so you can keep your integrity and make the right decisions.

For example:

don't sleep with her yet

don't get her drunk

don't give her money

don't stay at her folks house

don't fall in love just yet!!

Maybe after a while you will see that she is ok and realy does like you for you and not your ATM card....only time can tell...

Ignore this, and talk to people who have been here for a while. Don't post here - actually talk to some expats!!

You can laugh your socks off later.

All of the information that has been given to you is for you to make your own choice. I have never heard of a young Thai lady swimming in a bikini, holding hands with a complete stranger and urging for a kiss in front of her father and two young brothers. Then the massage parlour starts the bells ringing loud and clear. If you were to visit her, and end up doing naughty things together Boy! will her family make you pay for this especially if she is under age!!!!

Change your e-mail address, get a new sim card for your telephone and run for your life man...........This scenario is thraught with danger!

If it doesn't feel right then 99% of the time it isn't, I bet you still see her though :)

Thankyou !!

This is exactly my point'

Take it or leave it' prevention is better is all i am trying to suggest if the OP do decide to go see her.

Edited by azza09

If you were to visit her, and end up doing naughty things together Boy! will her family make you pay for this especially if she is under age!!!!

Change your e-mail address, get a new sim card for your telephone and run for your life man...........This scenario is thraught with danger!

This is my number 1 concern.

Why do you say change my email now? Can she do something with that against me even I dont see her? or do you mean so I dont keep getting her emails/calls?

Edited by pigh123

Dude, you gotta get down there right now.

She sounds great!

Take my advice, give all that she asks for initially, then when she's all over you like a rash, slowly but surely set the ground rules.

Be firm but fair.

She sounds like she's hot as in that bikini and, if you play it right, you'll never iron anything again ever and you'll live a life of ecstacy with a cool hot Thai chick.

Go for it man!!

Good luck Bro !!

Mate, listen to the above - stay well clear - put her on your ignore/junkmail list and ignore her calls - she'll get the message and pick some other fish from the rocks.

Thai girls do not act that way in front of their family - even hookers! - So, she is probably just a worker at the parlour and the 'family' she was with could be anything - even her boyfriend/husband and kid. They do not approach strangers on their own - and usually wear T-Shirts and shorts over their bikinis too!

You are certainly being set up, God gave you good instinct, so use them and walk away - don't bother contacting her or replying to her - that way you can't be guilt tripped into doing something you shouldn't. This country is full to the rafters of bitter men that made the mistake you could well be aiming for.

Edit - Listen to all the above advice EXCEPT the ones telling you to go for it!!!

Edited by wolf5370

<snip>

Up to you .. you're only 20 and you could learn something meeting her in BKK. Good .uck. :)

Actually there are some very good Thai women who will wear a bikini while swimming. Often those who have been abroad.

As for the OP, she is a bad one from your description, especially holding hands and such so soon. And to do anything like that in front of her parents has to be a no-no.

If you do happen to go see her at work, do not announce your visit. Walk in and see if she is indeed working reception. Even so, be very wary.

Have fun in Thailand :D

Marry her without delay me old mucker. Sounds like she is the ONE for you buddy. Don't let the fact that you have serious doubts about her intentions and the knowledge that you have voiced your doubts on a public forum distract you. Don't listen to all the guys telling you to run. They are just bitter and twisted dudes that married a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. Your situation is different. Your girl is gold.

Go, get her boy!!!!

Okay thats it, thanks for the fast advice everyone.

Just had a good chat with a guy at bar and i'm not bothering to waste my time and money meeting her, thought it through logically and you know what, I've been alone in malaysia for 1 week and havn't been laid for 2, so instead of wasting my time im heading up north again after the next week or so because I really liked it up there.

Any newbies reading this post, please take my advice and run from similar situations, they really will lure you in :)

Good to see that you saw it coming man. Don't going looking for love in Thailand unless you have lived here for a t least 2 years and know the language. You WILL be ripped of left right and center, unless you have ben set up by someone that you really trust. The stories are often very true. As a young man you will be better of chasing some Swedish backpacker tail than jumping into a cultural minefield.

Good to see that you saw it coming man. Don't going looking for love in Thailand unless you have lived here for a t least 2 years and know the language. You WILL be ripped of left right and center, unless you have ben set up by someone that you really trust. The stories are often very true. As a young man you will be better of chasing some Swedish backpacker tail than jumping into a cultural minefield.

Is that a Freudian slip? "unless you have ben set up by someone that you really trust"?? :)