Urgent Question

In order to work legally in Thailand.

I must first go outside Thailand to get a B-Visa based on invitation letter and registration doc's of the inviting company.

Then I can apply for a WP while staying in Thailand but not employed yet (officially) by my employer.

Once I have WP, employer can make up the contract of employment as per the date of WP approval, right?

Please give some advice as it is all very confusing.

Kind regards,

alex

If applying in the region, you will not obtain Non-B visa without providing the embassy/consulate with sight of Form WP3 (Receipt for application for work permit) provided by the Labour Department. Therefore in terms of process:

1) Your employer needs to present the appropriate application papers to the Labour Department for your work permit to obtain Form WP3

2) Once you have obtained Form WP3 you can apply for your Non-B visa at a neighbouring embassy/consulate (you will need full company paperwork from your employer). KL would be a good choice.

3) Once you have your Non-B visa you have to show this to the Labour Department before they will handover your work permit.

Just remember, to apply for the work permit you don’t need the non-B visa. You can do it while in Thailand on a tourist visa or even on a visa-exempt entry. To pick-up the work permit once it is ready, that’s when you need a non-immigrant visa, eg a non-B visa in your case.

--

Maestro