Where Good Pharmacy

frken

Does anyone know where the pharmacy that was in Mikes shopping mall Pattaya moved to? or can some one recommend a good a pharmacy in Pattaya where English is spoken and understood?pharmacy wanted

The pharmacy guy who was in Mike has gone, not sure where, packed it in i heard.

Most Pattaya pharmacies are all expensive apart from buying simple things, i need special eye drops "Xalatan", i buy them in Bkk for 780 baht, cheapest i have found them in Ptty is 1250 baht, exactly the same thing.

The pharmacy in Foodland wanted 1600baht last time i asked.

The pharmacy in Bkk is not selling them for nothing, he is making a profit at 780 baht, riduclous mark up in Ptty

Does anyone know where the pharmacy that was in Mikes shopping mall Pattaya moved to? or can some one recommend a good a pharmacy in Pattaya where English is spoken and understood?pharmacy wanted

Most Pattaya pharmacies are all expensive apart from buying simple things, i need special eye drops "Xalatan", i buy them in Bkk for 780 baht, cheapest i have found them in Ptty is 1250 baht, exactly the same thing.

The pharmacy in Foodland wanted 1600baht last time i asked.

The pharmacy in Bkk is not selling them for nothing, he is making a profit at 780 baht, riduclous mark up in Ptty

When the patent expires on Jan 31st 2011 you will be able to get cheap generic Xalatan. (Latanoprost)

What is the U.K. price? A U.K. prescription is about 7GBP these days, so 780 baht is not too bad.

Bimatoprost will be cheaper in Thailand.

I would be interested to know where you get tonometer readings in Thailand. (Goldman, not puff).

Edited by syd barrett

Walk about 2 minutes from Foodland gates, towards the Sunkhumvit, there is a little Pharmacy and the Guy in there understand English. he use to be a Doctor and is very helpfull and friendly. He will check your weight and check your eyes ect, for free and then decide what you want. His prices are reasonable. A really nice chap.

The pharmacy at Foodland (Pattaya Klang) is excellent. They have English speakers and a very wide selection of drugs.

Prices are better at Fascino North Pattaya which has a much larger selection and also English speakers. Why go anywhere else?

I honestly can't say how prices compare between Fascino N. Pattaya and Foodland. I am sure that the range of drugs is larger in Fascino but at the end of the day my medicine needs are banal compared to other TV members.

Edited by syd barrett

the pharmacy a few doors down from the police station in jomtien was pretty good, it was a male pharmacist & he seemed reasonable....i got my quomen sp?(stop smoking tablets) from him & he discounted quite a bit & spoke & understood english

He is still there and still resonable. Best Pharmacy in the Jomtien Area.

The pharmacy at Foodland (Pattaya Klang) is excellent. They have English speakers and a very wide selection of drugs.

Prices are better at Fascino North Pattaya which has a much larger selection and also English speakers. Why go anywhere else?

I honestly can't say how prices compare between Fascino N. Pattaya and Foodland. I am sure that the range of drugs is larger in Fascino but at the end of the day my medicine needs are banal compared to other TV members.

i can Syd, my diabetes medicine Diamicron MR is 325 in foodland pharmacy

its 275 with my discount card in Fascino

I would say Fascino hands down. & they carry the larger quantities of items at a better price.More supplies & higher demand gets better wholesale rates & they pass some of the savings on to the consumer. Not only that most of the staff speak English well & are very polite. And the gals are pretty cute too!

Fascino, Pattaya Nua, near Tesco Lotus

before you buy, get the discount card for 50baht

it will save you 5%

Well that's only a gimmick for they are definitely more expensive that other pharmacies. If you walk out of Villa Market to the right for about 10 meters there is a pharmacy, the lady speaks English, is very helpful and the prices are 20% cheaper than at Fascino and no discount gimmicks.

Edited by dre1247

Fascino is DEFINITELY cheaper than Foodland.

In fact one time the Foodland pharmacist saw me and asked me why I don't shop there anymore for meds (I used to). I said I found the prices better at Fascino. She nodded in resigned acceptance.

I am not above checking a new place for price competition. However, there are other factors other than price. Are the meds fresh? Are they kept at a reasonable temperature 24/7? Are they likely to be real meds and not counterfeits which are very common in Thailand especially with the cheap pharmacies?

Edited by Jingthing

it will save you 5%

Well that's only a gimmick for they are definitely more expensive that other pharmacies. If you walk out of Villa Market to the right for about 10 meters there is a pharmacy, the lady speaks English, is very helpful and the prices are 20% cheaper than at Fascino and no discount gimmicks.

I know the pharmacy you're talking about. You may find some items cheaper than Fascino, but overall you'll do better at Fascino and they don't have a fraction of the products you'll find at Fascino. You also have to wonder how fresh the medicine is in these small stores because of their low turnover and hesitance to use airconditioning. You'll notice a lot of medicine has a recommendation to store below 25C. Room temperature in Pattaya is always around 30C.

You can often buy at small stores certain medications which require a doctor's script at Fascino because they go by the book there.

it will save you 5%

i would not consider a discount card a gimmick, its a loyalty reward scheme used by millions of internationally known blue chip companies the world over.

however as you seem to be agressively recommending this pharmacy in the Avenue then i will go and check it out.

so my established bottom line Fascino price on Diamicron MR is 275baht per box

you say i can save a further 20% on that so i would be looking to buy at 220baht a box, a saving of 55baht!

i hope you are right, that could save me a lot of money of a year as i use a box a week.

i will let you know..........

it will save you 5%

i would not consider a discount card a gimmick, its a loyalty reward scheme used by millions of internationally known blue chip companies the world over.

however as you seem to be agressively recommending this pharmacy in the Avenue then i will go and check it out.

so my established bottom line Fascino price on Diamicron MR is 275baht per box

you say i can save a further 20% on that so i would be looking to buy at 220baht a box, a saving of 55baht!

i hope you are right, that could save me a lot of money of a year as i use a box a week.

i will let you know..........

i went there today, the lady spoke reasonable english but had to write Diamicron MR down for her and then after some investigation she said she did not stock it, so thats the end of that price comparison........

Is the Fascino beside the market on Pattaya Tai, opposite Wat Chai, priced differently to the Pattaya Nua one?

i imagine they will be the same

however i am going that way tommorrow and after my ''failure to launch'' at the Avenue Pharmacy i will go for my meds there

if they are the same as at the big store at Pattaya Nua you will be the first to know, if they are not, you will be the second, after i have spoken to the Manager at Fascino about it!

As far as I know, their is only one Fascino's company store in Pattaya. the other two, one on Pattaya Thai, and one on Pattaya Klang are franchises, and totally priced different. I live in korat, and even though the Fascino's up here is a company store, it is priced higher than the Fascino's on Pattaya NUa, and does not except the discount cards even though they asked me if I was a member.

Barry

As far as I know, their is only one Fascino's company store in Pattaya. the other two, one on Pattaya Thai, and one on Pattaya Klang are franchises, and totally priced different. I live in korat, and even though the Fascino's up here is a company store, it is priced higher than the Fascino's on Pattaya NUa, and does not except the discount cards even though they asked me if I was a member.

Barry

i will let you know, i will try to get my meds there today at Pattaya Nua price with the member card

Barry

Fascino on Pattaya Thai offers my meds at exactly the same price and offers the same member card discounts as their bigger branch on Pattaya Nua

Is the Fascino beside the market on Pattaya Tai, opposite Wat Chai, priced differently to the Pattaya Nua one?

Fascino on Pattaya Thai offers my meds at exactly the same price and offers the same member card discounts as their bigger branch on Pattaya Nua

I've never been to the Fascino on Pattaya Thai, but the one on Pattaya Klang is more expensive than the main Fascino on all items I've compared so far. They have a markup on the main Fascino prices, probably because they are a 24 hour convenience pharmacy. It's a good place to go after hours if you have an urgent need for medication.

Edited by tropo

I've never been to the Fascino on Pattaya Thai, but the one on Pattaya Klang is more expensive than the main Fascino on all items I've compared so far. They have a markup on the main Fascino prices, probably because they are a 24 hour convenience pharmacy. It's a good place to go after hours if you have an urgent need for medication.

wheres the one on Pattaya Klang Tropo?

i may need that after hours service one day..

Walk about 2 minutes from Foodland gates, towards the Sunkhumvit, there is a little Pharmacy and the Guy in there understand English. he use to be a Doctor and is very helpfull and friendly. He will check your weight and check your eyes ect, for free and then decide what you want. His prices are reasonable. A really nice chap.

i agree. I think i went there last december. The place is small and dark, but he had the best prices for monocyllin and general cold stuff. He was a pleasant fellow as was the older woman in there.

i agree. I think i went there last december. The place is small and dark, but he had the best prices for monocyllin and general cold stuff. He was a pleasant fellow as was the older woman in there.

Yes, he is a really nice Guy and the Lady is his wife. Extremely helpfull, and if he has not got the item in stock, he will order it for you. (you can also knock him down on his prices as well)

Its quite an old fashioned type of Pharmacy, but it does'nt really matter as long as you get what you want.