Flight Comparison Website For In And Around Thailand?

HalfSquat

Hello,

I am after a website that will compare the prices from different airlines from flights in and around Thailand. Particularly from Bangkok to Koh Samui, Bali, Vietnam and Laos.

I've tried some of the ones I used back home but they don't cover this part of the world.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi

I have used skyscanner.net - covers all countries and including Thai internal and international worldwide

Good luck

Another crap site, just like travelocity or zuji. I just searched skyscanner for BKK-SYD return 01/11 - 12/11. The cheapest that came up was BA and Qantas at just over 35,000THB ... Luckily I booked earlier today through the Emirates website at just under 22,000THB includinng ALL taxes ... These days steer clear of these types of websites, just go through the various airlines and eventually you will find a good deali

Hi

I have used skyscanner.net - covers all countries and including Thai internal and international worldwide

Good luck

Another crap site, just like travelocity or zuji. I just searched skyscanner for BKK-SYD return 01/11 - 12/11. The cheapest that came up was BA and Qantas at just over 35,000THB ... Luckily I booked earlier today through the Emirates website at just under 22,000THB includinng ALL taxes ... These days steer clear of these types of websites, just go through the various airlines and eventually you will find a good deali

Ha thats interesting, I always use skyscanner, wonder how much i've lost :)

I was only suggesting a site I had used in the past, sky scanners.net, it offers valuable information on destinations and prices. It is not crap as Kick........ suggests, your ignorant way of posting your thoughts is odd , this site is for suggestion not a service of betting your life on a suggestion, skyscanner.net is always a good bet for comparisons. As you are a newbie I guess you are not used to how you should express your thoughts in the forum.

Hi

Good luck

You've got the wrong end of the stick, it's a very good site, especially for long-haul routes, it consolidates all the different fares from agents like travelocity and ebookers and from the airlines themselves so usually you can get the best fare without spending all day doing the comparison yourself.

Occasionally they cannot access all the different fares when you search - they are updating their system or one of the sites they are using in the fare comparison is updating the system (or the network is down). I guess this was your problem when you used the site, you used it at an unlucky time.

The search function is great, you can search for the cheapest flight from any UK airport to Bangkok for example, or search for the cheapest fare in a whole month or year.

It can calculate stopover times as well so you can travel with 2 or 3 different airlines for a lower fare sometimes (sometimes it is cheapest to go to Bangkok via Hong Kong or Rome, and then change airlines... it would take ages thinking up the possible routes then calculating it yourself).

It is not so good for short-haul flights in Asia.... I think it gets confused scanning the Air Asia website, and misquotes the fares, and it doesn't scan Jetstar at all.

OP - I don't think there is a decent comparison site for flights in SE Asia. But if price is your main concern, then you will usually get a good deal with Air Asia, Jet Star and Tiger Airways.

Air Asia has online-only promotions often. Most Thais and Malays don't have credit cards so they can't access the promotional prices online, you can usually find promotional tickets.

I was only suggesting a site I had used in the past, sky scanners.net, it offers valuable information on destinations and prices. It is not crap as Kick........ suggests, your ignorant way of posting your thoughts is odd , this site is for suggestion not a service of betting your life on a suggestion, skyscanner.net is always a good bet for comparisons. As you are a newbie I guess you are not used to how you should express your thoughts in the forum.

Blackandwhite,

I'm sorry if I came across abrubt. Next time I will put a ribbon around my post - just for you.

ps. What dress size do you wear princess

I find that Dohop http://www.dohop.com/ is a pretty good search engine, it includes the low cost carriers as well as flight consolidators.

As others have suggested all of these search engines should be used as an indicitive guide, but their results normally take some beating.

Any suggestions as to how to view this site in English. It's appearing in Thai script on my PC.

Click in the Top-Right Corner next to the little icon of a globe.

You can learn to spot ไทย and ภาษาไทย as these words refer to the Thai language.

Blackandwhite,

I'm sorry if I came across abrubt. Next time I will put a ribbon around my post - just for you.

ps. What dress size do you wear princess

Kick, ignore him, being a newbie himself he sprays this board with unpalatable drivel.

Those skyfcuk sites are at the verge of extinction. The airlines have blocked them out, only a few are still happy to let them peddle rock bottom use-or-lose tickets that yield little margin and are limited to maybe a dozen per flight.

Japanese discounters have closed their international operations, no airline would give them discounted tickets anymore, the airlines sell them themselves.

Indeed, are the airliness ill-equipped to sell their own tickets via their own web sites than man-boy 25yrs old wannabe millionaires?

That quoted skyshiite site give no mention of daily direct flights by neither Thai Airways nor Japan Airlines between BKK and Nagoya. However, it does give a 20% more expensive flight via Singapore with unnecessary overnight flight, making the trip span over 4 days instead of 10 hours both ways included.

And for what? 20% more money. Indicative? Maybe, but the indication is that some members of public have no clue how those sites work and those sites love them.

Ah, even when you buy from them at the same price as through the airline direct, 3% surcharge for credit card use, no meal nor seat choice. You have to call the site for that. Most likely no airmiles at all.

It takes some common logic to understand that in hard times (or whenever they decide so) no airline can be undersold by Web 1.0 mickey mouse internet consolidators.

Why the hel_l would you struggle with your business, shed staff, ground the planes, and let those skunks come through your backdoor and load, ship and sell at lower prices your own goods?

One has to be a newbie not to this board but to life in general not to understand that.

Edited by think_too_mut

these online consolidators are a bunch of crooks. I can get much better prices from just about any travel agent. Still even cheaper from the airline web site itself. I can book with China airline from San Francisco to BKK round trip for under 700 dollar. Any of these online bandits charge 900 dollar and up and I mean way up....

Edited by wrassell