Re-newing Extension Of Stay (retirement)

I will be re-newing my extension of stay next week for retirement. Do i need to produce proof of address as well?

I understand i need:

Passport with photo copy

Up to date bank book with photo copy

Letter from bank confirming bank balance in bank book and photo copy

Passport size photo

Fee

Completed application form

Cheers

Edited by russianrobert

I just completed submission/approval of my retirement extension of stay at Suan Plu Bangkok this week and no proof of address was required (nor required per the info on their web site). However, but, from what I've read on ThaiVisa it appears some immigration offices may ask.

For my submission, I submitted:

- One copy of TM-7 application with one 4x6cm photo

- One copy of passport (including the TM-6 arrival/departure card which is considered part of your passport)

- One proof of income/pension letter from my home country embassy

Here's how events/time hacks went for my retirement extension of stay and exit/reentry permit at Suan Plu

- arrived 0745 and was about 10th in-line waiting outside for the doors to open

- at 0800 they opened the entrance doors so people could get queue tickets (my ticket reflected I was #3 in line for what I was applying for)

- at 0830 the individual offices opened-up for business and applicants entered the offices

- at 0845 my queue ticket was called

-- the immigration officer looked over my documents and asked for a copy of the TM-6 arrival/departure card...I hadn't included it in the application and had to run out and get it copied across the street

-- the officer took my application fee of 1,900 Baht as I went and got the TM-6 copied (took about 5 minutes)

-- when I got back, the officer took a face photo and both left and right index finger print scans using their computer imaging system...this ID info was imprinted on their computer generated/saved docs

-- while the officer was processing the paperwork in the computer, the officer had me fill out address info and sign two other documents which were just basically reemphasising and making me

acknowledge you can't work under a retirement visa/retirement extension of stay and be sure to do your every 90 day reporting. These are not docs you initially hand-in with your TM-7 package; they

are docs given to you to complete, read, and sign during the application review.

- at 0910 the officer handed me a receipt for the 1,900 Baht application fee and my application package which now also included some computer generated docs (including the two docs I mentioned just

above); and directed me over to another officer a few desks away.

- at 0911 the 2nd officer reviewed the application package, signed/initialed some of documents, and basically provided the final extension of stay approval.

- at 0915 the 2nd officer smiled while handing me my passport with approved extension of stay stamp, and said "see you next year."

OK, now that I've got my retirement extension of stay approved, I need to ensure it's not cancelled "once/if" I leave Thailand over the next 12 month period of the approved extension of stay. That requires an Exit/Re-entry Permit.

- at 0916 I was picking up a queue ticket to get a exit/reentry permit

- at 0940 I was called to hand-in my TM-8 application (one each page with one 4x6cm photo)...I applied for a single exit/reentry permit which costs 1,000 Baht (note: a multiple exit/re-entry permit costs

3,900 Baht)...if I make a second trip I'll just get another single exit/reentry permit.

- at 0955 my passport returned with approved exit/re-entry stamp.

- at 0956 I'm out the door with approve retirement extension of stay and exit/reentry stamps in my passport...good for another year!

All and all, a pretty quick and painless day at the Suan Plu Immigration Office (your experience may vary) considering the huge amount of customers they try to service each day.

Last year Pattaya immigration WAS requiring some proof of address. I don't know about right now. If you have a phone bill or similar no harm to bring it in. I was not aware that the bank letters always have your address on it. I don't think my letters from SCB do.

- at 0940 I was called to hand-in my TM-8 application (one each page with one 4x6cm photo)...I applied for a single exit/reentry permit which costs 1,000 Baht (note: a multiple exit/re-entry permit costs 3,900 Baht)...if I make a second trip I'll just get another single exit/reentry permit.

Is actually 3,800 baht for multiple re-entry permit. Probably just a typo in your report :)

Last year Pattaya immigration WAS requiring some proof of address. I don't know about right now. If you have a phone bill or similar no harm to bring it in. I was not aware that the bank letters always have your address on it. I don't think my letters from SCB do.

When I got my new retirement extension a few weeks ago, Pattaya Immigration didn't ask for any proof of address. I even did a 90-day report the day I picked up my passport, and again, no proof of address requested. YMMV.

When I got my new retirement extension a few weeks ago, Pattaya Immigration didn't ask for any proof of address. I even did a 90-day report the day I picked up my passport, and again, no proof of address requested. YMMV.

Thanks for the update. Let me ask you to clarify one thing. Are you saying also for your 90 day address report they are no longer asking for proof of address? If so, that is news to a lot of us.

Did my 90 day report last week. I attached a copy of my driving license - not looked at. On leaving I asked the British Consul if proof of residence was still required and he advised me that the 'new team' of officers on that desk were much more relaxed. The previous team insisted on it. I dont think it is required anymore.

I just completed submission/approval of my retirement extension of stay at Suan Plu Bangkok this week and no proof of address was required (nor required per the info on their web site). However, but, from what I've read on ThaiVisa it appears some immigration offices may ask.

For my submission, I submitted:

- One copy of TM-7 application with one 4x6cm photo

- One copy of passport (including the TM-6 arrival/departure card which is considered part of your passport)

- One proof of income/pension letter from my home country embassy

Here's how events/time hacks went for my retirement extension of stay and exit/reentry permit at Suan Plu

- arrived 0745 and was about 10th in-line waiting outside for the doors to open

- at 0800 they opened the entrance doors so people could get queue tickets (my ticket reflected I was #3 in line for what I was applying for)

- at 0830 the individual offices opened-up for business and applicants entered the offices

- at 0845 my queue ticket was called

-- the immigration officer looked over my documents and asked for a copy of the TM-6 arrival/departure card...I hadn't included it in the application and had to run out and get it copied across the street

-- the officer took my application fee of 1,900 Baht as I went and got the TM-6 copied (took about 5 minutes)

-- when I got back, the officer took a face photo and both left and right index finger print scans using their computer imaging system...this ID info was imprinted on their computer generated/saved docs

-- while the officer was processing the paperwork in the computer, the officer had me fill out address info and sign two other documents which were just basically reemphasising and making me

acknowledge you can't work under a retirement visa/retirement extension of stay and be sure to do your every 90 day reporting. These are not docs you initially hand-in with your TM-7 package; they

are docs given to you to complete, read, and sign during the application review.

- at 0910 the officer handed me a receipt for the 1,900 Baht application fee and my application package which now also included some computer generated docs (including the two docs I mentioned just

above); and directed me over to another officer a few desks away.

- at 0911 the 2nd officer reviewed the application package, signed/initialed some of documents, and basically provided the final extension of stay approval.

- at 0915 the 2nd officer smiled while handing me my passport with approved extension of stay stamp, and said "see you next year."

OK, now that I've got my retirement extension of stay approved, I need to ensure it's not cancelled "once/if" I leave Thailand over the next 12 month period of the approved extension of stay. That requires an Exit/Re-entry Permit.

- at 0916 I was picking up a queue ticket to get a exit/reentry permit

- at 0940 I was called to hand-in my TM-8 application (one each page with one 4x6cm photo)...I applied for a single exit/reentry permit which costs 1,000 Baht (note: a multiple exit/re-entry permit costs

3,900 Baht)...if I make a second trip I'll just get another single exit/reentry permit.

- at 0955 my passport returned with approved exit/re-entry stamp.

- at 0956 I'm out the door with approve retirement extension of stay and exit/reentry stamps in my passport...good for another year!

All and all, a pretty quick and painless day at the Suan Plu Immigration Office (your experience may vary) considering the huge amount of customers they try to service each day.

Has anyone uploaded a movie to YouTube yet?

Great script, BTW, thanks!

Pattaya - 90 day reports done in June and Sept. and extension of stay in Sept. - no proof of address was requested.

-redwood

I will do another one soon and not attach address proof and see how it goes. Its no big deal but I always like give them exactly what they require, not one thing less, not one thing more.