Calling All Bucket Bangers

Godders

:) Are there any Bucket Bangers out there? For the uninitiated, that's what they called pupils of Bemrose Grammar school, Derby, in the old days. Of course, the old place has changed a lot since the mid Fifties when I was last there, sitting my GCE O Levels. I had terrible hayfever and had forgotten my handkerchief, so I spent half the time surreptitiously removing the lining of one of my trouser pockets so I at least had something to sniff and sneeze into. How I passed my English tests I shall never know!

I came out here to start a new life a decade ago after retiring. I am interested to know if there are other former Bucket Bangers in LoS and what brought them here.

:D Are there any Bucket Bangers out there? For the uninitiated, that's what they called pupils of Bemrose Grammar school, Derby, in the old days. Of course, the old place has changed a lot since the mid Fifties when I was last there, sitting my GCE O Levels. I had terrible hayfever and had forgotten my handkerchief, so I spent half the time surreptitiously removing the lining of one of my trouser pockets so I at least had something to sniff and sneeze into. How I passed my English tests I shall never know!

I came out here to start a new life a decade ago after retiring. I am interested to know if there are other former Bucket Bangers in LoS and what brought them here.

I think a lot of us were bucket bangers back in england but not for the reasons you suggest :) now i much prefer a mouses earhole :D .

:) Are there any Bucket Bangers out there? For the uninitiated, that's what they called pupils of Bemrose Grammar school, Derby, in the old days. Of course, the old place has changed a lot since the mid Fifties when I was last there, sitting my GCE O Levels. I had terrible hayfever and had forgotten my handkerchief, so I spent half the time surreptitiously removing the lining of one of my trouser pockets so I at least had something to sniff and sneeze into. How I passed my English tests I shall never know!

I saw your other thread. It wasn't Derby Central Grammar - it was Derby School and we wore black blazers. 'Vita Sine Litteris Mors'. Bemrose School! Bloody upstarts! It only started in the 1930s. Derby School kicked off in 1160. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_School

Edited by endure

:D Are there any Bucket Bangers out there? For the uninitiated, that's what they called pupils of Bemrose Grammar school, Derby, in the old days. Of course, the old place has changed a lot since the mid Fifties when I was last there, sitting my GCE O Levels. I had terrible hayfever and had forgotten my handkerchief, so I spent half the time surreptitiously removing the lining of one of my trouser pockets so I at least had something to sniff and sneeze into. How I passed my English tests I shall never know!

I think a lot of us were bucket bangers back in england but not for the reasons you suggest :) now i much prefer a mouses earhole :D .

I was just thinking how odd the OP's post was when I read your response and that had me laughing. Who is "uninitiated"?

The OP has probably found a new use for the trouser pocket without a lining now in Playschool!