Big Bike Shops

DotNetNutta

Hi,

Nothing on the classifieds or Bike forum so does anyone know of any big bike shops in Pattaya please.

looking for Super 4 or similar.

Cheers,

DNN

What kind of bikes?

For harleys- Ironhorse behind Big c South Pattaya on Sukhumvit road, Hot Rod on Pratamnak hill

For Jap bikes, sports, cruisers, cross......Opposite Lotus on sukhumvit road, 3rd road there are atleast 5 shops..road machine, the one before the flyover to Bali hai, one after Tonys' gym....for cross there is one on Siam country club road on the right side about 500 around Sp village....Ironhorse and Hot Rod have websites.

Sorry, don't know what a super 4 is but beside the bike shops already mentioned there's a couple on Thepprasit, a new one on the left and one on the right heading up from Jomtien.

One or 2 along Third Road as well.

There used to be a Harley Place on Theppraya Hill, don't know if it's still there, on the left heading down the hill to Pattaya.

Any big bike shop you go into will probably know which other one in town has what you want.

• 2 months later...
Hi, Pluto, any other big cc, 750cc up sports bike or sports touring japanese bike shops in Pattaya? I took a ride down 3rd road, and saw mostly choppers, and couldn't find the one you mentioned on sukumvit, opp lotus.

dont know how you missed the one opposite tesco lotus its probarbly the biggest but if he does not have what you after see joe just under the flyover 3rd road make a u turn and its on your left

Kawasaki has a fairly new show room with big sport bikes & cruisers and a hand full of second hand big bikes on offer.

They also have the show room next door with lots of expensive toys including boots / jackets / helmets. Both closed on Sundays.

Located on Sukumvit north of Big C on the opposite side.

If you travel north toward BKK and pass Big C, make the first u-turn and it will be about 500 meters up on the left. I believe it is a large white building with the KAWASAKI sign in red lettering. If you blink, you will miss it.

Good luck & happy riding.

If you do not find what you are looking in the Bike shops around Pattaya, maybe you should go to the Burapa Bike Week, its a fantastic event with thousands of Bikes on show and for sale.

I think it is held every February.

An event not to be missed.

yes 12 to 14 feb 2010

Hi Steve, if it is that big shop you are talking about, then I did not missed it. But it looks like they are selling water jet scooter, I haven't been inside, any big Japanese sports bike in there? New or used? And yo another guy, as for the Kawasaki, I went for the test ride, not quite impressed about the er6n, so I rented one new 2010 model ZX-10r, the acceleration was mind blowing, truly explosive, almost pee in my pants! I like torquey bike, so am planning on getting one not as tiring as the sports bike, maybe a hayabusa or a blackbird. Can't wait that long for the burapa..., anyway, where will it be held? Any Big bikes?

Try Shadow Services or The Big Bike shop between Soi 81 - 85 as you ride south on Sukumvit highway.

They should be able to sort you out...

were you saw the jet skis you need to go down maybe another 800 metres same side .

And whqat did happen to siam motors here 1 minute gone the next????

Hi Steve, if it is that big shop you are talking about, then I did not missed it. But it looks like they are selling water jet scooter, I haven't been inside, any big Japanese sports bike in there? New or used? And yo another guy, as for the Kawasaki, I went for the test ride, not quite impressed about the er6n, so I rented one new 2010 model ZX-10r, the acceleration was mind blowing, truly explosive, almost pee in my pants! I like torquey bike, so am planning on getting one not as tiring as the sports bike, maybe a hayabusa or a blackbird. Can't wait that long for the burapa..., anyway, where will it be held? Any Big bikes?

burapa on in sports stadium ...soi chaiyapruk

I saw from the internet for burapa 2009, they were mostly choppers, and it is like an exhibition from all around, no much decent sports bike or tourer.

Yesterday, I was riding down 3rd rd towards Jomtien and there was a shop on the left, before the flyover bridge, this shop has a few choppers, touring bike, motorcross, and I saw something I like, but without green book.

The boss told me he could get a new green book for the bike in 3 months time. I want to know has anybody dealt with this shop before? And about the green book, is this shop able to get a new genuine green book?

The boss told me he could get a new green book for the bike in 3 months time. I want to know has anybody dealt with this shop before? And about the green book, is this shop able to get a new genuine green book?

Not sure, easy to mess up, missing stamp from excise department in the book etc... One little thing wrong and the coppers can impound your bike when they check!

I saw from the internet for burapa 2009, they were mostly choppers, and it is like an exhibition from all around, no much decent sports bike or tourer.

Yesterday, I was riding down 3rd rd towards Jomtien and there was a shop on the left, before the flyover bridge, this shop has a few choppers, touring bike, motorcross, and I saw something I like, but without green book.

I've dealt w/ him on some repairs when I had a big bike and he was always good & honest w/ me. More expensive than other shops, but competent and willing to work. (All these big bike shops rip you off to some extent.) If he says the book will pass, he's probably right--for now at least.

He's been around for quite a while.

Having said that, I'd never buy a big old used bike here in Thailand again. Too many headaches, ripoffs, and expense. Highly not recommended.

Well, I guess if you get a bike less than 5 years old, should be less problematic, this bike I am interested is only a year old, imported from Japan.

So what is the deal now, should I pay him full with the price of a new green book or what? In the mean time can I ride the bike while the green book is in process?

Well, I guess if you get a bike less than 5 years old, should be less problematic, this bike I am interested is only a year old, imported from Japan.

So what is the deal now, should I pay him full with the price of a new green book or what? In the mean time can I ride the bike while the green book is in process?

Legally you can't be riding a bike w/o a green book, but most take the risk anyway while waiting. If you're stopped, the issues are usually helmet, license--and tax sticker, but hand over 500 baht and the issue usually goes away. Obviously you'd drive extra carefully.

You could try offering him a deposit for getting the green book and holding the bike for you, if you can wait. That would be a lot less risky but the risk can't be totally mitigated. Did you test ride the bike? He'll allow that of course, even get another mechanic to look at it.

If you go ahead and buy the bike, get him to write the agreement on your receipt. Question him about whether the green book is going to pass all the legal checks, that you won't have a problem down the road. Get all the costs written down in advance.

If this guy says 3 months I'd tend to believe him. However, he IS Thai and this IS Thailand, so deadlines are seldom firm. Unforeseen circumstances often occur. Makes life interesting at the least . . . .

Thanks, Jsixpack for the input. Never bought one without plate before, went down again today, no plate so he did not let me test, but mileage very low, and engine sounded very smooth, is 2008 bike, so I guess no need test ride.

He will put on a red plate for the time being, and process with a new green book. I asked him about the recycled book, trying to test him, and he was quite straight, said it won't work on a new bike. Well, I think he is quite trust worthy. Anybody has any experience with this shop?