Body Of Transsexual Found In Waters Close To The Bali Hai Port.

Rimmer

Pattaya, September 19 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Just after 3.30 on Saturday Morning, rescue services were alerted to a transsexual who had apparently jumped off the end of the Bali Hai Pier with the intention of ending his life. Pattaya Sea Rescue Services were called in, and divers began a search of the water. The search continued until the body of Khun Wootishai aged 19 was fished from the water at 7am, approximately 200 meters from the end of the pier. Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar from Pattaya Police Station was then called into to inspect the body and record the incident which appears to be a suicide after evidence of foul play or third party involvement in the death was not found. Officers went to the victim’s room in Central Pattaya and were told by neighbors that the victim had recently broken up with his boyfriend and since that time, he had remained in his room and would only leave to purchase alcohol on a daily basis. Police will wait until the results of a post mortem examination before they confirm the cause of death as a suicide.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/septem..._19_09_52.shtml

Rest in Peace... so sorry, and so sad. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Breaking up with the person you've given your heart to, can be devastating. Adding alcohol to the situation certainly compounds the problem.

Too bad the landlord couldn't have done something, like alert the boy's family, to this impending disaster.

A farang friend of mine told me recently that Asians are VERY reluctant to seek mental health counseling; I think I've heard this before, and I'm pretty sure this is for reasons of perceived "shame" or loss of pride experienced when seeking counseling... but I can't really understand why this is perceived as shameful.

Anyone help me here? I'd like to understand this better.

R.I.P. :)

• Like 1

Another aspect of this is that many people imagine Thailand is a gay/ts paradise. It is if you are a monied tourist, but everyday gay and TS Thais often experience family rejection and social problems. I wouldn't assume this poor person had a great family support system. Then there is teenage aspect, their brains are really different, suicide is always a risk for young people as they lack the perspective of time to see their current problems in context.

Edited by Jingthing

Another aspect of this is that many people imagine Thailand is a gay/ts paradise. It is if you are a monied tourist, but everyday gay and TS Thais often experience family rejection and social problems. I wouldn't assume this poor person had a great family support system. Then there is teenage aspect, their brains are really different, suicide is always a risk for young people as they lack the perspective of time to see their current problems in context.

Quite right. I remember a bar-boy with who I was familiar...he seemed happy with life and one day I go into the bar and he isn't there. I ask the staff where he was and they said he had committed suicide.

a very short while ago, less than a month to be precise, six (6) 16 years old tried committing suicide. two succeeded whilst 4 backed out at the last moment.

their mission: to save the world.

their "tutors"? the internet lan GAMES ROOM, apparrently.

their country of origin? SINGAPORE!

fragile souls and fragile minds????

their profiles: all six come from average income families, i.e. in singapore context , "poor families, with poor grades at school but with hearts of gold for wanting to save the world out of its miseries.

conclusion? none to offer here.

can any psychoanalyst offer any ideas here to help prevent this in thailand.....

as many young children are seen in internet cafes past midnight these days....

(sorry, just realised this is a gay suicide topic. mods, pls help post this where relevant or delete it if no such young people issue topic can be found to be related to it.)

concern here when i replied to the posting by jingthing was suicides amongst young people.

Edited by miatai