How Do The Anti-thaksin/anti-red People Feel About Pad/yellows?

Jingthing

How do you feel about PAD/yellow shirts?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote the choice that is the CLOSEST to how you feel, it does not have to be EXACTLY how you feel.

Another poster on another thread asserted (incorrectly I believe) that most foreigners who are anti-Thaksin/anti red ALSO are pro PAD/pro yellow.

This poll is designed to ferret out the truth about this.

For anti-Thaksin/anti-red people ONLY. I hope the reason for that is obvious in the purpose of this poll. I have included one pro-Thaksin choice for the redshirt lovers who feel the need to vote here, even though their vote is irrelevant in this context.

Edited by Jingthing

Vote the choice that is the CLOSEST to how you feel, it does not have to be EXACTLY how you feel.

Another poster on another thread asserted (incorrectly I believe) that most foreigners who are anti-Thaksin/anti red ALSO are pro PAD/pro yellow.

For anti-Thaksin/anti-red people ONLY. I hope the reason for that is obvious in the purpose of this poll. I have included one pro-Thaksin choice for the redshirt lovers who feel the need to vote here, even though their vote is irrelevant in this context.

My compliments sir, a very good and useful post/topic.

If it's for "anti-Thaksin/anti-red people ONLY" and you put the "I support Thaksin/redshirts" option in the poll, why did you chose not to put in the "I don't give a toss about Taksin, the red shirts or the yellow shirts" option?

If it's for "anti-Thaksin/anti-red people ONLY" and you put the "I support Thaksin/redshirts" option in the poll, why did you chose not to put in the "I don't give a toss about Taksin, the red shirts or the yellow shirts" option?

I already explained that. Next ...

I used to support the PAD, but feel they may be past their use-by date. I support the government and do not agree with setting up the PAD's new political party. I've always been worried about their nationalism. Generally I think Sonthi's analysis of the Thaksin years was spot on and I have a high regard for Gen. Chamlong. I hope they learn a lesson from their ill-advised adventure up to Sisaket. PAD are a good protest movement, but should not try to take over the responsibilities of the government.

Your Poll is silly.

To start a Poll one should be 100% INDEPENDENT and you're not.

You give people a choice of five possibilities and four of them are "coloured" with the:

4 x "I am anti-Thaksin"

and

1 x "I support Thaksin"

That's not a Poll; you shove your own personally made choices of Poll-possibilities thru one's throat.

Not chique and a worthless Poll since you should have added:

"None of the above" to make the Poll trustworthy.....a little.

LaoPo

LaoPo:

Your Poll is silly.

Yada, yada, yada!

Make your own then. Typical!

It seems like to LaoPo I hit a NERVE he doesn't want exposed, eh?

Note to those of you who don't find any choice close enough to your view: don't vote then, how about that?

It is also totally legit to limit a poll to subgroups. For example if you were polling Bulgarian Catholics, the first question you would ask is are you Catholic? Then are you Bulgarian? If the answer was no to either, you would stop the questioning and move on.

All polls have a structure, with set choices. Like any thread, people (including me) are free to post and make comments on the topic, so its not as if anyone's freedom of expression is being curtailed.

Cheers!

Edited by Jingthing

Your Poll is silly.

Yada, yada, yada!

Make your own then. Typical!

Note to those of you who don't find any choice close enough to your view: don't vote then, how about that?

All polls have a structure, with set choices. Like any thread, people are free to post and make comments on the topic, so its not as if anyone's freedom of expression is being curtailed.

Cheers!

I see you edited your post. I didn't vote indeed since I find your Poll silly, as I wrote.

But I'm happy you mentioned that we have do have at least freedom of expression :D

And, unlike you Jingthing, I don't do Polls as Polls don't prove anything as just shown.

Why you write yada, yada, yada is beyond me for a poster like yourself. :)

LaoPo

I edit almost all of my posts. That means NOTHING. I am amazed that people think there is something nefarious about polishing their writing. Truly PARANOID.

Great. You don't do polls. Congrat-u-lations! I am happy for you.

BTW, it pains me to say this, but I AGREE with you. Polls don't prove anything. These are not scientific polling conditions. How do we know that the votes saying they are anti-red/pro-yellow aren't reds trying to make anti-reds look bad (as I suspect)? The polls are for discussion purposes mostly; sometimes they can hint at truths, but we should all view results here on any poll with skepticism.

To repeat again, I will never be intimidated against doing self edits during the time limit allotted. You may noticed I post a lot. I also edit a lot. That is my posting style and I will not change it, so deal with it or perhaps better put me on ignore if you find editing offends you. True writers know writing is MOSTLY editing.

Waiting in anticipation for your biting reply: YADA YADA YADA

Edited by Jingthing

I edit almost all of my posts. That means NOTHING. I am amazed that people think there is something nefarious about polishing their writing. Truly PARANOID.

Great. You don't do polls. Congrat-u-lations! I am happy for you.

BTW, it pains me to say this, but I AGREE with you. Polls don't prove anything. These are not scientific polling conditions. How do we know that the votes saying they are anti-red/pro-yellow aren't reds trying to make anti-reds look bad (as I suspect)? The polls are for discussion purposes mostly; sometimes they can hint at truths, but we should all view results here on any poll with skepticism.

To repeat again, I will never be intimidated against doing self edits during the time limit allotted. You may noticed I post a lot. I also edit a lot. That is my posting style and I will not change it, so deal with it or perhaps better put me on ignore if you find editing offends you. True writers know writing is MOSTLY editing.

Waiting in anticipation for your biting reply: YADA YADA YADA

Nothing paranoid.

My answer was based on your earlier 2 sentences post.

When I finished my answer (I always, like you, check upon eventual mistakes before I post..and believe me I still make mistakes in English since it's not my Mother's tongue) I noticed you edited your post so I edited and answered also to your more "wider" comment.

It was a conclusion, nothing more.

That's all.

Not a very biting reply...is it ? :)

LaoPo

I like this poll. I think some of you aren't getting the point. I personally am anti-thaksin but don't support the PAD either. It gets tiresome when every time I debate something about Thaksin someone replies, "but the PAD do this".

Thank you. Exactly right. Well, not exactly actually. I think they do get it, but they don't like it.

Edited by Jingthing

Where's the 'I don't give a shit' choice? Were you a marketing man in a previous life?

No. The assumption was if you are excrement deficient you wouldn't be either reading or participating in the thread. I clearly misjudged the extent of the enthusiasm of the terminally disinterested.

Edited by Jingthing

Nonsense. NOBODY is 100% INDEPENDENT - and certainly not you. Everyone has some sort of an opinion. Doesn't mean they can't start a poll. What would be wrong is if they were in a position to meddle with the results. Jingthing isn't, no more than anyone else on this forum is.

Like everyone else, you are free to participate if you wish. If you don't, and you are not satisfied with the poll, why not start you own? How complicated is that? Deary me.

Agreed 100 percent Rivalex.

I do think critiques of the STRUCTURE of a poll are legitimate, and the way questions are asked and what choices are given does make a difference. I think in the context of the topic, I have provided reasonable choices for the subgroup of anti-Thaksin/anti reds to express in general their feelings about PAD/yellow. On the other hand, I can't stop people who aren't really anti-Thaksin from voting as if there were anti-Thaksin, which would of course distort the results. This is why I strongly suspect a good portion of those who voted they are pro yellow are actually red supporters, nothing is stopping them, is it? It is a huge part of the red talking point agenda to counter any and all criticism of the reds with (but the yellows are bad!) so if we don't support the yellows, that poisons their game plan.

BTW, I realize this is a small sample, but I do now feel that this poll has provided real evidence that the majority of anti-Thaksin/anti-red foreigners (most posters here are not Thai) are NOT supporters of PAD/yellow.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm quite well known for my antipathy against the way Thaksin was acting (can't say I don't like him as I don't know him) and supported PAD's goal therefore. But their latest protest near Preah Viharn went too far in my opinion risking trouble with villagers and possible damage to a neighboring country.

I too find it rather weird that people would object to a poll trying to ascertain if anti-thaksin people were pro or anti-PAD. It does seem to get to the root of an assumption that all anti-Thaksin people support eh PAD. Maybe a poll should be run for all the anti-PAD peopel too to see if they support reds, dont support reds are neutral, support reds but dont support Thaksin etc as there is a common assumption that anti-PAD are also pro-red.

I'm quite well known for my antipathy against the way Thaksin was acting (can't say I don't like him as I don't know him) and supported PAD's goal therefore. But their latest protest near Preah Viharn went too far in my opinion risking trouble with villagers and possible damage to a neighboring country.

This and post #6 are excellent summaries of how I feel about Thaksin and the PAD at this point.

TH

Your Poll is silly.

All of the thinly veiled hate based polls are silly

How is it a hate based poll? All he's trying to do is ascertain how many anti-thaksin people are or aren't pro-PAD.

how about a poll:

• i hate thaksin and i think i am very intelligent
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am little bit smarter than the average
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am average dumb
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am very stupid
  • ABF? only real with free refill.

Your Poll is silly.

All of the thinly veiled hate based polls are silly

How is it a hate based poll? All he's trying to do is ascertain how many anti-thaksin people are or aren't pro-PAD.

how about a poll:

• i hate thaksin and i think i am very intelligent
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am little bit smarter than the average
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am average dumb
  • i hate thaksin and i think i am very stupid
  • ABF? only real with free refill.

Now that would be a very silly poll indeed! Thank you for exposing all of us to your special :D point of view.

BTW, if you really think that poll is a good idea, why not start it yourself instead of posting here on another poll's thread? Do you need technical assistance? I can help you, avec plaisir. :D:):D

It is interesting, and frankly quite pleasing, that the concept of this poll has clearly got some redheads knickers in a twist!

Edited by Jingthing

Now that would be a very silly poll indeed! Thank you for exposing all of us to your special :crazy: point of view.

BTW, if you really think that poll is a good idea, why not start it yourself instead of posting here on another poll's thread? Do you need technical assistance? I can help you, avec plaisir. :yohan::whistling::yohan:

It is interesting, and frankly quite pleasing, that the concept of this poll has clearly got some redheads knickers in a twist!

so someone who think your poll is silly must be a red shirt or what?

you would just support everybody who say something bad about thaksin. no matter how stupid or imbecile it is, as long someone put some blame on thaksin you will support it. just like recently that silly comedian professor young in The Nation interview.

Now that would be a very silly poll indeed! Thank you for exposing all of us to your special :D point of view.

BTW, if you really think that poll is a good idea, why not start it yourself instead of posting here on another poll's thread? Do you need technical assistance? I can help you, avec plaisir. :D:):D

so someone who think your poll is silly must be a red shirt or what?

you would just support everybody who say something bad about thaksin. no matter how stupid or imbecile it is, as long someone put some blame on thaksin you will support it. just like recently that silly comedian professor young in The Nation interview.

Fair observation, point taken. I suppose it is possible for a person to think this poll is silly and not be a redshirt, I will give you that.

Of course I am supportive of anti-Thaksin messages, but that doesn't mean I would agree with someone who said Thaksin is to blame for H1N1 or other such silliness. Also, I thought the good American professor was spot on, of course. The interview began: Does Thailand have a future and the professor replied that is the right question to ask, and he pinned the root of the problems on Thaksin's divisiveness. I completely agree.

Edited by Jingthing

It really is amazing that some seem to not understand that people can be anti-thaksin and not in favour of the PAD too. This isnt an either or world.

Well, from now on, people can reply to such absurd assertions by linking to this poll. Glad to help people understand more about the truth ... today.