Looking For A Second Hand Camera Today

pigh123

Like elektrified said... buy new. The improvements have been very rapid in the past few years and you won't want an out of date camera within a year or so. A lot depends on what you want in a camera and what you intend to photograph. The better cameras have more features and better lenses. Some are waterproof and some are shock resistant. Some have good close up potential and others have better zoom lenses. The thing with most of the lower end point and shoot cameras is there is a delay between the time you press the shutter button and the time the picture actually takes.

I have a variety of cameras but stick with mainly just two. One is an expensive Nikon SLR that cost about $3000 with a 18 mm to 200 mm lens. It has more features than I use most of the time. The other is a Pentax W30 waterproof camera that I can take underwater. It has a good close up lens, but only a small zoom. And, because it is a point and shoot there is a delay when I press the shutter button. There is no delay with an SLR but an SLR is far too big to carry most of the time. The little point and shoot cameras fit right in your pocket and you always have them with you. The SLR cameras are better if you want professional quality photos that you intend to print in large sizes. There IS a difference once you print photos in 14" X 18".