International footie

kernow

Unfortunately, I'm not much into the old egg chasing, although there's plenty of that about on ESPN this weekend if you are.

Does anyone know if the euro qualifiers are being televised by any channels in Thailand? Specifically England v Turkey, but anything really to plug the void in my life left from a weekend without EPL.

The UBCtv channels Supersport and Supersport Gold are, according to their website covering the Germany and the Spain games.

From past experience the Thai Channel 7 always shows the England game. Their website http://www.ch7.com/sportweb/indexsport.html

is only in Thai so I cannot tell which game they will be showing, so I guess I'll just have to tune in at 12 and hope for the best............. unless someone here can read Thai and tell me what is says?

I better be able to watch Turkey v England. I'm due to leave for NZ this weekend and delayed my departure purely because I know NZ is rubbish at covering the world game instead of that minority sport cheatball (aka rugby). Turns out I was right about NZ, there is no football coverage at all this weekend. Now I just need to be right about being able to watch England here.... I got my wife to agree to me being 2 days late in NZ just so I could stay in Thailand to get coverage of England.

Er, well football is the World game. Baseball is taken seriously by relatively few nations.

However, I do take an interest in baseball and coverage is on ESPN live during the playoffs. Delayed coverage each night at 11:30.

SiNZ...that's not the point...you want to go to a bar with your mates and exult and cry when the home team is on the field. You probably got a lot more opportunities for that with the footie than with baseball...keep the air waves clean and available...

Who do you suppose Osama supports?

(joke...joke...tutsi is making fun again...just wanted to refer to my previous thread regarding the major league playoffs...)

I'll have to check your other thread to understand the reference.

I guess it is the point for the TV companies though as they deal in supply and demand... one of the reasons why football coverage is so scarce in NZ. (Although the demand is there, so that isn't actually correct. Hmmm.)

If you're prepared to avoid the score during the day, you can go to a bar and watch delayed coverage.

I think you're suffering from the timezone problem though, as the MLB playoffs start at 7am. It's 9pm to midnight when most of the football kicks off, so it's the perfect time for bar coverage.

That and the fact that more bar goers want to watch football than baseball. Personally, I like both but football is way ahead of anything else.

No comments on what to watch! Choose"

10:00 pm Germany:Iceland (Sup Sport Gold)

10:30 pm Switerland:Ireland (Ch. 26, that's the kid's channel!)

11:00 pm Armenia:Spain (Supersport)

00:00      Turkey:England (Ch. 7)

01:45 am SUN France:Israel Sup Sport Gold)

01:45 am Azerbajan:Italy Ch 3

Do some zapping

No comments on what to watch! Choose"

10:00 pm Germany:Iceland (Sup Sport Gold)

10:30 pm Switerland:Ireland (Ch. 26, that's the kid's channel!)

11:00 pm Armenia:Spain (Supersport)

00:00      Turkey:England (Ch. 7)

01:45 am SUN France:Israel Sup Sport Gold)

01:45 am Azerbajan:Italy Ch 3

Do some zapping

Well let's see:

9pm Listen to Brighton v Grimsby on Seagulls World

11pm Watch the second half of Germany v Iceland

at the same time keep an eye on Armenia v Spain

midnight THE BIG ONE, Turkey v England (so that's definite that channel 7 are showing the England game then - justifies my decision to delay my departure by 2 days!)

2am watch some of France v Israel and Azerbaijan v Italy...... depending on how much I want to risk not being able to get up for my morning flight!

Well let's see:

9pm Listen to Brighton v Grimsby on Seagulls World

You know, with Thai-TV nothing is sure.

But with so many Thais who are England-fans I could swear Ch. 7 at midnight has no defect.

Brighton v Grimsby agave me a chuckle!

As long as you make it to the airport, you can than sleep it off. Aukland is far away, or is it the windy Wellington?

Have a nice flight.

Well let's see:

As long as you make it to the airport, you can than sleep it off. Aukland is far away, or is it the windy Wellington?

Have a nice flight.

But the Brighton game is important. Especially as Steve Coppell just buggered off to Reading and Bob Booker assumes the role of caretake manager.

"We are going up, said we are going up!"

Wellington, via Christchurch. Be a bit colder than here, but after 11 months I'm glad to get back. Going to miss the decent football coverage over here though - that and fact that I can listen to the Albion at 9pm and will have to get used to listening at 4am again. Got to be done though.

Cheers!

Well let's see:

Have a nice flight.

But the Brighton game is important. Especially as Steve Coppell just buggered off to Reading and Bob Booker assumes the role of caretake manager.

"We are going up, said we are going up!"

Wellington, via Christchurch. Be a bit colder than here, but after 11 months I'm glad to get back. Going to miss the decent football coverage over here though - that and fact that I can listen to the Albion at 9pm and will have to get used to listening at 4am again. Got to be done though.

Cheers!

Sorry Gents,

Man T. U. for me.........

Come on the Stags.

Also watched the T & E match on Channel 7 and in English.

:laugh:  :cool:  :D  :o