Did You Know You Can Buy Opium In Los?

Dancali

I've had a bad cough lately and my girlfriend got me a bottle of medicine. The ingredients contain "camphorated opium tincture 0.6ml".

I figure this must be at least as strong as codeine. Despite my horrible cough condition, I decided not to try it though since it also contains "antimony potassium tartrate" which I researched a little and have found out it's a toxic substance not really used in medicine anymore but still used as a pesticide.

My girlfriend says this medicine is very common and she told me that many people use it to get high. With that antimony crap in there I wouldn't recommend it. It's packaged by a chinese company and is 15baht.

I just thought this was rather interesting to see come up so unregulated like this.

I've had a bad cough lately and my girlfriend got me a bottle of medicine.  The ingredients contain "camphorated opium tincture 0.6ml". 

I figure this must be at least as strong as codeine.  Despite my horrible cough condition, I decided not to try it though since it also contains "antimony potassium tartrate" which I researched a little and have found out it's a toxic substance not really used in medicine anymore but still used as a pesticide.

My girlfriend says this medicine is very common and she told me that many people use it to get high.  With that antimony crap in there I wouldn't recommend it.  It's packaged by a chinese company and is 15baht.

I just thought this was rather interesting to see come up so unregulated like this.

Is this by any chance 'The Brown Mixture'??? Works like a dream......

I've had a bad cough lately and my girlfriend got me a bottle of medicine.  The ingredients contain "camphorated opium tincture 0.6ml". 

I figure this must be at least as strong as codeine.  Despite my horrible cough condition, I decided not to try it though since it also contains "antimony potassium tartrate" which I researched a little and have found out it's a toxic substance not really used in medicine anymore but still used as a pesticide.

My girlfriend says this medicine is very common and she told me that many people use it to get high.  With that antimony crap in there I wouldn't recommend it.  It's packaged by a chinese company and is 15baht.

Is this by any chance 'The Brown Mixture'??? Works like a dream......

Funny you should mention that - a woman just came into the office with a bottle..

Should I expect her to be asleep by noon ?

I learned of this stuff a long time ago. here's a funny for you....

I told this guy about it. ..a couple of weeks later, he comes to me complaining that the people who make the stuff must be lying about the "opium". I asked him why he thought that?

he replied that he bought a few bottles of it, and drunk it all at one time. and that frankly, he didn't feel any high from the drinking the stuff.

I said to him, "you did what???"

and he casually repeated, "I drank 3 bottles of the stuff all at one time, and didn't feel a thing."

?

Many prescription versions of stomach medicines also contain opiate extractions- had to use one in the states before for a bad stomach infection. The effect is not so much that the pain is removed, but that the part of you that cares about the pain sort of drifts off, and then it just doesn't matter what happens. Worked well with stress from work at the time, too... :o

"Steven"