Thai Wife Visa

I have been told by an Immigration officer that my Thai wife visa has been rejected by Bangkok. This is not as bad as it sounds, as they say I have to go every month for one year, and can't re-apply until next year.

The stamp says that I "MUST CONTACT THIS OFFICE AGAIN IN PERSON", however the officer told me that because I am working, I could send my wife, or someone from my work! This would be great if I lived on Soi Suan Phlu.

Anyone else have to do this?

Alternatively I can apply for a working visa. The problem arose when I got a job last year but they could not give me a 1 year visa, and I didn't have the cash to put in the bank. I am not sure the reason for rejection, but probably because the money I had in the bank was not from overseas.

nah - thats not it, last time i did this i used my savings from my last job in LoS, no proof required of where it came from, did you have the magic 400K in a thai account with a letter from the bank confirming it. Also your wife needs to attend and sign to say your a real husband, as well as showing her id card, marriage certificate, tabian bahn and a whole bunch of documents to be photocopied, signed and then filed

Edited by phuketsiam

nah - thats not it, last time i did this i used my savings from my last job in LoS, no proof required of where it came from, did you have the magic 400K in a thai account with a letter from the bank confirming it. Also your wife needs to attend and sign to say your a real husband, as well as showing her id card, marriage certificate, tabian bahn and a whole bunch of documents to be photocopied, signed and then filed

I did have the 400,000 in the bank, with the letter. The wife did come.

I think that one officer is showing that he has the power to do whatever he bloody wants.

I did have the 400,000 in the bank, with the letter. The wife did come.

I think that one officer is showing that he has the power to do whatever he bloody wants.

Apply again. You'll need a new bank letter.

I will need a new 400,000 baht too

maybe the uk dhss can help you out.

i'm sure you will be able to spin them a convincing yarn.

just send your requirements to ,

department of non-repayable benefits in the currency of your choice ,

down on their luck expats ( who think the world owes them a living ) section

easy street

london w.1.

dont forget to enclose 2 freshly peeled onions to help process your application speedily and succesfully.

Edited by taxexile

Apply again. You'll need a new bank letter.

I will need a new 400,000 baht too :o

So the money went below 400k? Immigration can and often will check it during the review process and if it is below the 400k they may delay approval until it is above. The idea is that you will have enough to live on for the year of extension so if it is gone in a couple of weeks things do not look too good for the future.

You have not mentioned if your job has a work permit and enough income to make the 400k redundant but if you need the 400k you need it. It appears they are trying to work with you with the short extensions so am not sure you are correct that it is an officer problem.

You have not mentioned if your job has a work permit and enough income to make the 400k redundant but if you need the 400k you need it. It appears they are trying to work with you with the short extensions so am not sure you are correct that it is an officer problem.

I don't get the required amount from my job, but they said that if I have a mixture of salary and money in the bank it will be fine. Maybe it is not an officer problem, I am going to a different office next time and taking my wife, my WP, and contract from work. Will keep you updated on the outcome.

I don't get the required amount from my job, but they said that if I have a mixture of salary and money in the bank it will be fine. Maybe it is not an officer problem, I am going to a different office next time and taking my wife, my WP, and contract from work. Will keep you updated on the outcome.

The best of luck old friend. :o

When I re-applied in November (forgot a re-entry permit and lot the visa) I did not have 400,000 in the bank but I did have proof of pensions which came to more than the income requirement and the officer that I spoke to said that was enough.

I took my wife and the baby, leetr from the bank, tabien baan etc, and i had to come back after 6 weeks and it was granted.

I have to go for the extension in September so I will be looking for the information I need on TV.

Billd766

• 2 weeks later...

I found out on my last visit to the Immigration(with my work permit and contract and letter from my work) that I cannot change my visa until one year is up from when I applied for the extension. They were not interested in all the paperwork I had. I think that they just couldn't be bothered.

Does anyone have a similar experience?