90 Day Address Report By Mail While Suan Plu On The Move

My report due date is 28.09.09. Suan Plu BKK. EMS'ed everything yesterday (21.09.09) and have confirmation (online tracking, print-outs) that it has arrived.

Usually I get the return mail within 1-2 weeks of due date.

Any bets if or when I will get the return mail this time considering their move?

opalhort

Your report may disappear forever into the ether ... :)

You may very well be right about that. I have the same feeling.

Anyway, I'm not to concerned since I have evidence of everything I've mailed. It may take a couple of phone calls to get things sorted out but should be okay in the end.

I'm an optimist.

opalhort

Can still report by mail to Suan Plu if located in BKK. In the past they discouraged (but not disallowed) people in BKK to report by mail, but since everybody has to report to their local Imm office now the workload at Suan Plu has eased and no problem.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

Thanks for the information about this...Opalhort....

I hadn't read this particular thread until today.... But like others, we'd been told in the past that BKK (suan plu) would not accept mail ins.... although apparently they in fact did. Maybe that's the difference between "discouraged" and "disallowed".

In any event, please do update with what happens at Chang Wattana.... It will be very interesting to see if CW will accept mail-in 90 day reports, particularly since their location tends to be a lot less convenient to visit for a lot of BKK folks who rely on the Skytrain or MRT...

…I hadn't read this particular thread until today.... But like others, we'd been told in the past that BKK (suan plu) would not accept mail ins.... although apparently they in fact did. Maybe that's the difference between "discouraged" and "disallowed"…

That’s it, exactly. The law – Section 37 or the Immigration Act – speciccally allows the 90-day address report by mail. Therefore, if you want to use the mail, don’t ask your immigration office if it is allowed, just do it and keep the postal receipt.

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such

alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing ,

concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days.

The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration

Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make

notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in

accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General .

--

Maestro

…I hadn't read this particular thread until today.... But like others, we'd been told in the past that BKK (suan plu) would not accept mail ins.... although apparently they in fact did. Maybe that's the difference between "discouraged" and "disallowed"…

That’s it, exactly. The law – Section 37 or the Immigration Act – speciccally allows the 90-day address report by mail. Therefore, if you want to use the mail, don’t ask your immigration office if it is allowed, just do it and keep the postal receipt.

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such

alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing ,

concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days.

The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration

Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make

notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in

accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General .

--

Maestro

Maestro

However, being right doesn't always work in the LoS, or anywhere for that matter.

Mac

UPDATE: Believe it or not!

Mailed my report on 21.09.09 (due date 28.09.09) to Suan Plu and YES I got it back today (08.10.09)!

They did not send a printed new address along but wrote the new address in Thai on my return envelope.

I scanned it. Sorry for large file but want to make sure it is clear.

post-3742-1254986762_thumb.jpg

opalhort

My son just typed the new address for me.

You can just print it out and glue it onto your 90 days reporting envelope.

NOTE: only for foreigners residing in BKK!!!!

90_DAYS_REGISTRATION_New.doc

or here

กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1 (งานรับแจ้ง 90 วัน)

ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา (อาคารบี. ชั้น 2)

120 ม.3 แจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย 7

แขวงทุ่ง สองห้อง เขตหลักสี่

กรุงเทพฯ 10210

My wife phoned them this afternoon (02-141-9889) and got it confirmed that this address is correct.

opalhort