New Computer Not Working On Lcd Tv

mixed

I've just bought a computer and it's not working with my 32" LCD TV (TCL brand).

When I start up the Windows XP screen comes on and it seems like everything's going fine, then the screen goes blue and says "unsupported".

The TV is only a few months old and I've used two other computers on it without a problem. The computer worked fine at the shop and works fine on another monitor.

The graphics card is an ASUS EN9400GT LP

Any suggestions?

Alternatively buy a higher resolution TV. :)

Just joking.

Seriously I agree with the other posters.

Interesting that the ASUS rejects the TV.

When I connect my HP laptop to the TV it just displays the middle part of the screen

until I adjust the resolution in the control panel.

Try powering on the computer with the TV connected and it may adjust itself,

using Plug n Play

I had issues with certain older nvidia drivers. Some of them work well with LCD's, some do not. Start downloading different versions and try them out.

Some of the more recent drivers have specific area in the nvidia control panel for TV output, so play with the resolution in there. Your TV is probably 1366x768, though it may work better with other resolutions near that, possibly 1280x800 or 1280x768. On my Samsung 40" I also have to change the aspect ratio (to "just scan") to get it working right. A similar option may or may not be available on your TV, and you might just have an option for 16x9 or widescreen.

Edited by surface

The unsupported means the signal is out of range.. The splash screen working means a low res signal is working..

So its a case of checking what signals your TV takes over the VGA input (or DVI but I doubt it or it would auto find the res) and supplying that.. If its a custom timing and resolution it gets a bit tricky but usually can be done with powerstrip an application for just this kind of thing.

Just start with very low rez and slow timings (make sure its on the external output also) and work up..