Ms Access To Open Office Base

tigerbeer

Hi everyone,

been through some of the forums on the internet. mostly Open Office forums etc. Its probably the most asked question on OOO Base but I still can't figure it out.

How do I get all my data from my MS Access (2000 version) to the OPen Office Base?

Most of the threads on some forums etc turn into something really complex. Its really a very simple database with 6 tables, a couple queries and a couple reports. I could create a whole new database on Base but i have about 100 plus k of records i would like to integrate to this. Its data from 2003. 6 years of solid useful data.

I would like to move to Ubuntu totally and this seems to be my only major problem.

Can someone help me do it here?

TB..

I just did it the otherway around and the only way I could get it out of Ubuntu to windows was to convert the db to a .csv file and import the csv file into our new CRM app. It took a while to import but better than rekeying it and if your app is any good it should have the ability to map the csv you are importing.

Tariq786, did look at that thread but its a bit too old. Not sure how that applies to the latest version 3 years later.

Joncl, I really need to do it the other way round.

I did manage to get a txt file of each table out of MS Access. Not sure how to import into OOO though.

Mods: Is it possible to move this into the main forum cause not much exposure here in the Linux forum. THanks.