Visa In Hong Kong, Timeframe?

Here's the deal: I have to travel to Hong Kong for business on the 13th of April (Songkran, i know), coming back on the 19th. That is also the same date by non-imm B visa expires and i need to apply for a new one. My 'problem' is that the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong is closed on the 13th, 14th and 15th (Songkran) as well as on the 16th and 17th (Saturday & Sunday). That leaves me with the 18th to apply for the visa and the 19th to pick it up and fly back. The Thai Consulate in Hong Kong told me they 'usually' issue the visas the next day (the 19th, my return flight day)

So my question would be ...did anyone ever apply for visas in Hong Kong? Have there been any delays? Otherwise i would have to fly to Penang and from there to Hong Kong :o

Should be no problem at all--got a non-B in HK myself in January with no problems (and without the long lines you face in the more beaten-path border embassies). Time frame is the same as most places--hand in the visa before noon on one day, pick up after noon the next. Assuming you've got your paperwork in order, I wouldn't anticipate any delays, so book a flight out that evening and you should have no problem at all.

As you're coming the first day back after a long holiday though, you might run into a bit more of a crowd than HK would usually get, but even so, I can't imagine it would be that bad as there just aren't that many people who go to HK for visas.

Good luck!