Fun Experience Days

badge

Not sure where this thread should be but Im looking for anything similar to the Special Experience type days you get in the West, like driving a performance sports car for a day, flying/sky-diving, extreme watersports etc.

This is a UK company that groups these trips together.

http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Occasions/Gifts-for-Him/

In pattaya theres a place you can drive an F1 car I think, which looks interesting. Anyone tried it?

Anyone got any other recco's?

Hi Badge, you posted in the right place but obviously nobody has come across this, I know I haven't after being here for 4 years (never heard of the F1 car in Pattaya either - any details?).

Best thing would be to say exactly what you are looking for and somebody might have experience of that particular activity. For example flying experience lessons and skydiving can be booked at Pattaya Airpark on the outskirts of Pattaya http://www.pattayaairpark.com/

For race car experiences try Bira, also on the outskirts of Pattaya http://www.bira.co.th/

Edited by QED

Cheers Badge, not quite Formula 1 but Formula Renault. That's a bit like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Vios, but still fast as <deleted> to us mere mortals - I will have to check it out. This is also at Bira as mentioned previously, the karting there is also excellent and good value for money if Formula Renault is a bit too pricey.

Wow. F1 in Pattaya? I knew they had some decent go-kart racing, but that's a whole other level. They have some pretty nice indoor go-kart racing here in BKK at RCA that I would certainly recommend. I haven't been in over a year but from what I recall they have 3 different types of kart racing ranging from 100cc up to 260cc or thereabouts. They track is quite nice and I think they rearrange it every so often. They have a bar there too so I recommend pounding back a few before you get behind the wheel (of the go-kart) The fastest karts can really move and I remember being pretty sore and banged up the following day after a 2 or 3 races.

Before moving to LOS I used to skydive once a year for about 5 years and I really miss that. I know there are some places around here that offer skydiving but I have been reluctant to gamble with my life with that. Something about a Thai skydiving "Pro" and overused parachutes just doesn't appeal to me for some reason...

As far as extreme sports in Thailand are concerned I think I will stick with the occasional night out on Cowboy or Walking Street!

Cheers Badge, not quite Formula 1 but Formula Renault. That's a bit like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Vios, but still fast as <deleted> to us mere mortals - I will have to check it out. This is also at Bira as mentioned previously, the karting there is also excellent and good value for money if Formula Renault is a bit too pricey.

Apologies, I know not the difference between Formula 1 and Formula Renault! :)

I have asked for a more detailed breakdown of their 2hr session, and will report what they say(or happens!).

Apologies, I know not the difference between Formula 1 and Formula Renault! :D

I have asked for a more detailed breakdown of their 2hr session, and will report what they say(or happens!).

Apparently is the in Formula Renault, there is a white haired guy yelling in the radio for you to crash into the wall. :)

Apologies, I know not the difference between Formula 1 and Formula Renault! :D

Hi Badge, your post got me thinking, so I did some research on the differences between F1 and Formula Renault:

F1: 730 bhp, 0-100 kph 1.7 secs, top speed 380 kph (approx), rev limit 18,000 rpm

Formula Renault: 165 bhp, 0-100 kph 4.85 sec, top speed 230 kph (approx), rev limit 7,500 rpm.

I think my Ferrari/ Vios comparison was spot on!

Apparently is the in Formula Renault, there is a white haired guy yelling in the radio for you to crash into the wall. :D

:):D

Post of the year!!!