Best Apple Store For Repairs?

Daren

While in BKK next month (I live in the sticks) I'd like to get my MacBook's white plastic case fixed. It has a few cracks on the keyboard face/cover, and one chip is completely missing. Also, my battery was one of the ones recalled by Apple a while ago and is quite swollen (to the point it lifts the right side of the computer a few millimeters). I'm actually worried it might split some time soon!

My MacBook is well out of warranty but these are recall issues and would be fixed for free if I were in any western country, but what about here in LoS? Does any one have experience with either of these problems or other under-warranty / recall issues? Are there stores that are known to be more generous or reliable (or vice-versa)? I have used the large Apple store in MBK for a minor repair, but they want 1000B just to look at a computer, seemingly regardless of the issue or warranty status. I'll be staying in Lower Suk area, so anywhere around there or Siam Square would be preferable.

Thanks in advance for and and all help!

Thanks, astral. I just spoke with a friend, he got a screen replaced at Pinklao (sp?) for free while under warranty. That's obviously a lot further than Siam Discovery, one of the listed MacCenter locations.

Thanks for the tip! :)

============

Here's the map from that website for any other seekers:

mapO.png

Edited by Daren

Likewise had a problem before with my MacBook Pro. Got it fixed under warranty. Went to the Mac centre in Fortune IT Mall, on Rachadapisek road. 2 days, no charge.

This place only deals in repairs, not retail. Don't remember the exact location, but 2nd or 3rd floor, far right and to the back of the building. Good service, Apple affiliated.