Thailand

fred2007

Well according to my wife it is! OK most of you live in big cities but I unfortunately I don't, every where I go I take my wife, I get told oh you can not come with me if they see a farang we get

charged much more, no matter where we go I have to stay in the car when she does purchasing the goods

what we need for our business :) Yes we got robbed 2 times in 2 weeks loosing all our tools to some

a--- holes who worked for us and now I have been told don't go on the road by your self or you will be shot because I am a farang. I know we have a very bad time loosing a lot of money because of some

......... but I can not see every Thai person is bad ( even I am thinking about going back to my country now) I must admid I have a bad time in Thailand as you know I lost one of my apartments a few month ago

and now I got robbed twice in as many weeks. OK most of you say now try again but I am just about to give up. And concerning GD he is well as I guess he is just suffering from a bad knee which I inflicted on him :D Just joking, he is the most honest and helpful guy you ever come accross. All of you have a good

night or morning where ever you are.

could you tell us where you and the g/f wife live so i can avoid it(dont mean you,but it does n't sound too good) i obviously have n't kept up with your topics so did n't know about losing an apartment,but i can relate to "not going shopping together" cos of extra charging.maybe you should try living in a tourist area where thais and farang are ripped off with the same high prices...............i just factor it in in my budget,but sometimes come out a winner.dont give up on thailand,but maybe just relocate.good luck.

could you tell us where you and the g/f wife live so i can avoid it(dont mean you,but it does n't sound too good) i obviously have n't kept up with your topics so did n't know about losing an apartment,but i can relate to "not going shopping together" cos of extra charging.maybe you should try living in a tourist area where thais and farang are ripped off with the same high prices...............i just factor it in in my budget,but sometimes come out a winner.dont give up on thailand,but maybe just relocate.good luck.
Thanks for your concern But I don't think I can move my ( no not mine) house or factory in another suburb but thanks any way

maybe you should think about changing your wife that would sort a lot of your problems fred
I don't know why you write this the Problem is not my wife I guess but the problem is me being a farang get ripped of every where I go. I must admid my wife is over protective.

'fred2007' don't take it personally. I got turned over recently, so it's not just you. Like your wife, mine really speaks bad about her fellow Thais now. Where as, as she says, "she never knew how deceiteful they could be" until she married me. Similar thing with their driving, in that she could never see how bad they drove.

'fred2007' don't take it personally. I got turned over recently, so it's not just you. Like your wife, mine really speaks bad about her fellow Thais now. Where as, as she says, "she never knew how deceiteful they could be" until she married me. Similar thing with their driving, in that she could never see how bad they drove.
hey I do not speak bad about thais at all but I m getting pissed of I can not go anywhere

to buy the material I need to do my job as I told you I have to sit in the car my wife buys the material we need because if we go together we will be charged double or more but that was not the point I was making the point was ( I can not sit anywhere by my self without being robbed or get shot because I am a farang)

I've been following your story on and off Fred, and I must say I admire your spirit, but it's gradually developing into a nightmare. My commiserations.

Your post here only reinforces my intention to rent and not buy anything when I do finally relocate to Thailand. The country does indeed have good and bad, but it strikes me that once you've bought a house/factory/shop (which are termed immobilie in some languages, i.e. immobile assets, don't know if you know that) then it doesn't matter if you're the biggest lion on the prairie - if you're in the wrong place, or make the wrong connections (how to avoid?), then the hyenas will eventually wear you down and tear you to pieces.  They know they've got you. So many people I've read about in TV and Stickman and elsewhere who've simply had to walk away from a lifetime's endeavour without a penny. 

I hope it works out for you.

I've been following your story on and off Fred, and I must say I admire your spirit, but it's gradually developing into a nightmare. My commiserations.

Your post here only reinforces my intention to rent and not buy anything when I do finally relocate to Thailand. The country does indeed have good and bad, but it strikes me that once you've bought a house/factory/shop (which are termed immobilie in some languages, i.e. immobile assets, don't know if you know that) then it doesn't matter if you're the biggest lion on the prairie - if you're in the wrong place, or make the wrong connections (how to avoid?), then the hyenas will eventually wear you down and tear you to pieces. They know they've got you. So many people I've read about in TV and Stickman and elsewhere who've simply had to walk away from a lifetime's endeavour without a penny.

I guess you don't know my story at all apart from my personal problems I came here with a bit of money invested all I had, yeah yeah I heard all that before but people don't realize some people are just plain unlucky. All that crap ( just invest what you can affort to loose) I invested in my wifes future and also look after her parents so now people blaming me for my appartment got burned down ( I was the bad one) Now I got broking in to my factory 2 times in 4 weeks( lost all of my equipment 2 times )

Is that my fault too?

Your post here only reinforces my intention to rent and not buy anything when I do finally relocate to Thailand. The country does indeed have good and bad, but it strikes me that once you've bought a house/factory/shop (which are termed immobilie in some languages, i.e. immobile assets, don't know if you know that) then it doesn't matter if you're the biggest lion on the prairie - if you're in the wrong place, or make the wrong connections (how to avoid?), then the hyenas will eventually wear you down and tear you to pieces. They know they've got you. So many people I've read about in TV and Stickman and elsewhere who've simply had to walk away from a lifetime's endeavour without a penny.

well said, and very true for many, you are also correct in thinking to rent, that you can walk away from if need be :)

To all of you who replyed my post I have to tell you my wife supports me now. She does not take any money of me because I have nothing left. This was not an post about Thai girls taking money of her husband. Maybe I should learn how to write english in a matter that every body understands me

Well according to my wife it is! OK most of you live in big cities but I unfortunately I don't, every where I go I take my wife, I get told oh you can not come with me if they see a farang we get

charged much more, no matter where we go I have to stay in the car when she does purchasing the goods

what we need for our business :) Yes we got robbed 2 times in 2 weeks loosing all our tools to some

a--- holes who worked for us and now I have been told don't go on the road by your self or you will be shot because I am a farang. I know we have a very bad time loosing a lot of money because of some

......... but I can not see every Thai person is bad ( even I am thinking about going back to my country now) I must admid I have a bad time in Thailand as you know I lost one of my apartments a few month ago

and now I got robbed twice in as many weeks. OK most of you say now try again but I am just about to give up. And concerning GD he is well as I guess he is just suffering from a bad knee which I inflicted on him :D Just joking, he is the most honest and helpful guy you ever come accross. All of you have a good

SOME ONE ,,

really , trusts a thai ,,,

my mates missus , ex bg , soi 8 ,{living happy ever after ]

advised me ,

NEVER , NEVER ,,TRUST etc

Well Fred, you read posts from people who have been here for many years and you chose to ignore their advice. Number one rule is NOT to spend more than you can afford to walk away from. That advice was given by people who have had bitter experiences. The new residents are always smarter than the people who have suffered and have already told their stories. Most likely the most popular story is that my girlfriend is different. If your girlfriend was capable of running a business, she would have had a successful business when she met you.

Good post.

I'm a renter and always will be, I can up-sticks and bugger off at my choosing.

It sounds like Fred is committed to his location, unfortunately.

To any newbie........ do your research on the area you might be considering to start a business or live.

NEVER, NEVER, BUY, rent, and use your capital or savings for something productive, Thailand is far too unstable at present to put down roots.

Rant over. :)

Good post.

To any newbie........ do your research on the area you might be considering to start a business or live.

NEVER, NEVER, BUY, rent, and use your capital or savings for something productive, Thailand is far too unstable at present to put down roots.

Sorry Gd the topic was not about being ripped of by anybody it was being about me not being doing what I like to do. Just go shopping for Items I need for my business. And also for being robbed many times. It has nothing to do with having money and wast it all. How would you feel if you get robbet 2 or 3 times in 1 month? You feel happy?

hey I do not speak bad about thais at all but I m getting pissed of I can not go anywhere

to buy the material I need to do my job as I told you I have to sit in the car my wife buys the material we need because if we go together we will be charged double or more but that was not the point I was making the point was ( I can not sit anywhere by my self without being robbed or get shot because I am a farang)

wait a second. if you walked in with your wife, and the price is suddenly higher because of you, why wouldn't your wife tell them that "it's normally this price". bring a receipt from the last time. sup?

Good post.

Sorry Gd the topic was not about being ripped of by anybody it was being about me not being doing what I like to do. Just go shopping for Items I need for my business. And also for being robbed many times. It has nothing to do with having money and wast it all. How would you feel if you get robbet 2 or 3 times in 1 month? You feel happy?

Jesus man having a run of bad luck, how about some security for your buisness, cheap enough to employ a guard or a nasty dog, as for getting shot for being a foriegner well i dont know about that ive never felt any danger what so ever but maybe in your area, or have you crossed the wrong guy/guys... where exactly are you?

Good post.

Jesus man having a run of bad luck, how about some security for your buisness, cheap enough to employ a guard or a nasty dog, as for getting shot for being a foriegner well i dont know about that ive never felt any danger what so ever but maybe in your area, or have you crossed the wrong guy/guys... where exactly are you?

I never ever crossed any guys or what ever you call it I do not even get out of my house very many times I don't think anybody knows me at all it is just bad luck I guess my departmant got burned down a few month ago and now all my tools got stolen from my factory the second time by a worker I have employed. I am just pissed off with it all

Fred

I didn't mention being ripped off, but you asked a q. in yr last sentence.

In my 1st 7 days back in BKK, $3500 was stolen from my room @ Honey House One, behind Larry's Dive on 22.

I know the ##### who did it, and why......but can I prove it!!!! Police? Why bother! :)

I was not a happy camper.

Hey Fred , how the heck did you find time to run a buisiness anyway , thought you were up to your armpits in alligators doing all of the washing/ironing/cooking/house cleaning and all of those wifely chores , not to mention cleaning up the yard and complaining how hard done by you have been since coming to Thailand to live in your wifes DOMAIN here on TV ????? What ever happened to the "I'm getting out of here" whilst you still had a few Baht in your jeans ??? Sounds like the only thing your wife can run is a complient Farang husband , doing a good job of that it would appear from your posts and not even a piece of nooky to show her gratitude , my , my , there realy is one born every minute .

Sorry about that Fred , but surely you must have seen the writing on the wall a L-O-N-G TIME AGO , or are you wearing a pair of those wannabee , blinkered glasses ???

I'm worried which sedative your wife is lacing your food with. Seriously mate take control of your life here or simply leave.

To my opinion the one overcharging you is your wife.

the point was ( I can not sit anywhere by my self without being robbed or get shot because I am a farang)
You need to get the hel_l out of that hole. I don't know where you live, but I would not stay. :D Let me guess, Northeast? :)

I wrote this.......its true!

O villain, villain, smiling, dam_nèd villain....

That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain—

At least I am sure it MUST be so in THAILAND.