Emirates

mickylonster

Hi , good morning all, last night talking with my wife re my flight back to the uk ( return ticket ) we went on the emirates web site to check prices for her to fly with me , the price from Bangkok to Manchester return was 46,235 baht, so I checked the price from Manchester to Bangkok the price 499.80 gbp why is there such a large difference ie: 20.000. baht ? I can`t understand why this is , same plane same trip , booked on line ??? can anyone explain this ?? and why is it not possible to book on line and pay the gpb price commencing the trip from Bangkok ??

Hi , good morning all, last night talking with my wife re my flight back to the uk ( return ticket ) we went on the emirates web site to check prices for her to fly with me , the price from Bangkok to Manchester return was 46,235 baht, so I checked the price from Manchester to Bangkok the price 499.80 gbp why is there such a large difference ie: 20.000. baht ? I can`t understand why this is , same plane same trip , booked on line ??? can anyone explain this ?? and why is it not possible to book on line and pay the gpb price commencing the trip from Bangkok ??

Well, that's the market ex-UK.

The market ex-BKK is different.

Emirates operates many flights to UK (more than 12 per day) and therefore it has to sell as cheap to compete with some airlines who sell even lower low to fill up its seats ex-UK.

However, ex-BKK, there is no such desperation since Emirates only fly 3 times a day, and airlines here do not price as low.

So it is basically the market demand/supply situation.

Hope this explains.

This is usually (always, for all intents and purposes) the case, any airline. Round-trip tickets originating from Thailand are more expensive than round-trip tickets of the same route originating from outside of Thailand. It's just the order of magnitude of difference that changes.