Pass To Enter Hua-hin!

cheshiremusicman

Yesterday a Thai friend of ours arrived at our house with a form that she had been presented with and asked to get all of the people on the estate to sign along with their details - car reg - passport # - house # etc.

It would appear that we will have to have a 'Pass' issued to us all in order to drive into Hua-Hin when the 'Asean summit' takes place.

Does anybody else have any knowledge of this?

Same in Cha am, the miltary are handing out forms and on completion and checking issuing permits to local residents. Just makes it easier fo them, you wont get stopped while the summit is on, if no permit showing you are likely to get stopped at every checkpoint everyday...worth getting one and dosnt cost anything

Same in Cha am, the miltary are handing out forms and on completion and checking issuing permits to local residents. Just makes it easier fo them, you wont get stopped while the summit is on, if no permit showing you are likely to get stopped at every checkpoint everyday...worth getting one and dosnt cost anything

:) where to get the form in Hua Hin? Police station or somewhere else? Thank you in advance

:) where to get the form in Hua Hin? Police station or somewhere else? Thank you in advance

Go to the Tessabahn and enquire; one of the offices in there shoud be controlling the issue. You will need the Make/Model/Year of Registration, Plate Number. Colour, Registered Owner's Name and ID (Thai ID Card or farang PP details). Best take the originals (Tabien Roht - Blue Book for the vehicle) and ID.

Go to the Tessabahn and enquire; one of the offices in there shoud be controlling the issue. You will need the Make/Model/Year of Registration, Plate Number. Colour, Registered Owner's Name and ID (Thai ID Card or farang PP details). Best take the originals (Tabien Roht - Blue Book for the vehicle) and ID.

:D thank you Peter, I will do it, if I don't succeed I stay few days at home and drink my own beer :D

Edited by thaibear1

:D thank you Peter, I will do it, if I don't succeed I stay few days at home and drink my own beer :D

Cheaper, too! Make sure you have someone to fetch and pour, though! :D

I don't think that the intention is to stop the vehicle from entering Hua Hin and Cha-Am but it is liable to be stopped for occupant and vehicle checks. If your vehicle has a Registration plate other than for Phetchaburi or Prachuap Khirikhan, even though you reside in those areas because it marks you as an 'out of towner' Don't wear a red or yellow shirt on ASEAN days; stay neutral!

Edited by PETERTHEEATER

Yesterday a Thai friend of ours arrived at our house with a form that she had been presented with and asked to get all of the people on the estate to sign along with their details - car reg - passport # - house # etc.

It would appear that we will have to have a 'Pass' issued to us all in order to drive into Hua-Hin when the 'Asean summit' takes place.

ASEAN SUMMIT - Hua Hin

many messages on this topic. maybe stupid question; I am daily in down town of Hua Hin but nowhere I see any indication of a ASEAN SUMMIT would be happen. Somebody know the scheddule?

On the entry to Hua Hin coming from Cha Am - Airport I find ONLY this new ...... hanging there since few days as shown in picutre ..... but this was fixed there after the ahppening shown in Septemebr??? Strange or me I am blind?

post-37513-1254220711_thumb.jpg

ASEAN SUMMIT - Hua Hin

many messages on this topic. maybe stupid question; I am daily in down town of Hua Hin but nowhere I see any indication of a ASEAN SUMMIT would be happen. Somebody know the scheddule?

On the entry to Hua Hin coming from Cha Am - Airport I find ONLY this new ...... hanging there since few days as shown in picutre ..... but this was fixed there after the ahppening shown in Septemebr??? Strange or me I am blind?

You are correct. I have not seen any new hoardings in Hua Hin town advertising the upcoming ASEAN meeting. In fact, they still have the old ones up from September.

There is a new hoarding up at the Cha-Am crossroads though.

The actual meetings are to be split between Cha-Am (Phetchaburi Province) and Hua Hin (Prachuap Khirikhan Province). Geographicall different unless you believe many Cha-Am developers and hoteliers who love to add 'Hua Hin' to their locations implying that they are in two places at once!

ASEAN SUMMIT - Hua Hin

You are correct. I have not seen any new hoardings in Hua Hin town advertising the upcoming ASEAN meeting. In fact, they still have the old ones up from September.

The summit of Asean leaders and partners from Asia and Pacific would be held from October 23 to 25, he said

The actual meetings are to be split between Cha-Am (Phetchaburi Province) and Hua Hin (Prachuap Khirikhan Province). Geographicall different unless you believe many Cha-Am developers and hoteliers who love to add 'Hua Hin' to their locations implying that they are in two places at once!

:) so we know it is hold from 23. - 25. October 09 and certain the serious street check points start few days earlier.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/08/14...al_30109808.php

http://dfa.gov.ph/?p=8868

http://www.thailandobservers.com/15th-asea...ring-oct-23-25/

but we still not know where from get passport, except the media reporter as described here http://dfa.gov.ph/?p=8868

ASEAN SUMMIT - Hua Hin

The summit of Asean leaders and partners from Asia and Pacific would be held from October 23 to 25, he said

:) so we know it is hold from 23. - 25. October 09 and certain the serious street check points start few days earlier.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/08/14...al_30109808.php

http://dfa.gov.ph/?p=8868

http://www.thailandobservers.com/15th-asea...ring-oct-23-25/

but we still not know where from get passport, except the media reporter as described here http://dfa.gov.ph/?p=8868

Well, as the not to be mentioned national paper reports today - 'residents of the nine tambons in the restricted zones would have to register with the joint security operations centre'. No idea where said centre is and despite the fact the local POlice visited out home two week ago and took down particulars of ID cards, pasports, house registration, motor bike license nunbers etc, no sign of any 'stickers'.

The Internal Security Act applies from 12th October and it's now 10th. My approach is to go out on Monday suitably equipped with passport, bike registration, house registration etc and let them issue me with a sticker if they want. I'm sure, as someone already mentioned they are unlikely to pull up a farang anyway. So why am I bothering????

It appears that the issue of 'stickers' for vehicles was given (logically) to the Moobahn administration. In the case of Khao Tao, the issue point is from the school on 14/15 October 2009.

An added complication is that stickers are also being issued for motorcycles so the number of appliocants has increased to just about every resident in the area!

Forget any previous bits of paper you may have filled out. There is a simple proforma which has to be filled out with the usual personal details and vehicle maker, model, plate number and colour. ID must be shown but, although it's a good idea to take the vehicle registration, it was not be requested. Two desks and queues, one for bikes one for vehicles.

It is still unclear what benefit the sticker will provide other than to help security forces make an assessment.

If you do get a pass, it has to be placed on the outside of the front windscreen (that's what it says on the back in Thai) apparently so that it can be scanned (or maybe so that it will be damaged by sun and rain so they have another excuse to stop you !)

I wasn't going to bother with a pass, just stay home for a few days. Our condo manager ask for our passport numbers a few days ago. Yesterday he put an asean pass sticker on the outside of our windscreen, so now we are good to go.

But probably will stay out of Hua Hin during the summit as it is to crowded during normal days. But it is nice to have the sticker and it was certainly no problem getting. The sticker has our license plate number on it.

Edited by BEENTHEREDONETHAT

If you do get a pass, it has to be placed on the outside of the front windscreen (that's what it says on the back in Thai) apparently so that it can be scanned (or maybe so that it will be damaged by sun and rain so they have another excuse to stop you !)

Bummer, we put it on the inside of the window together with all the other stickers which are all inside. Guess we will have to see if they actually enforce that :)

Bummer, we put it on the inside of the window together with all the other stickers which are all inside. Guess we will have to see if they actually enforce that :)

It may be permanent then. Your other stickers are probably applied (as most are) with a clear piece of plastic that sticks to the windshield with no glue. They put a powerful glue on the cover for these stickers and if for no other reason you would want it on the outside so that you can use a razor blade and strong cleaner to scrape it off later. The inside of a lot of car glass here is where they apply the after market sun protection and it will scratch so it may be very difficult to remove that sticker after the event is over...

It may be permanent then. Your other stickers are probably applied (as most are) with a clear piece of plastic that sticks to the windshield with no glue. They put a powerful glue on the cover for these stickers and if for no other reason you would want it on the outside so that you can use a razor blade and strong cleaner to scrape it off later. The inside of a lot of car glass here is where they apply the after market sun protection and it will scratch so it may be very difficult to remove that sticker after the event is over...

Mine's on the inside too! Seemed illogical to put it on the outside. Yes, I noted the adhesive was extra tacky.

No worries, if you do need to remove it and the inside of your screen is 'filmed' gently pick some holes in the film behind the actual sticker with a sharp object used at an angle. A stout pin or darning need le should do. Wet a square of kitchen towel tissue big enough to cover the whole thing and slap it over the sticker then cover the tissue with a square of cling film. A bit fiddly. The sticker and cover will 'sweat' inside the seal and after a couple of days you should be able to remove it.

Even if you can remove it now by peeling before it gets too old you will not be able to put it on the outside because it will be back to front unless you have another square of the original film.

Mine's on the inside too! Seemed illogical to put it on the outside. Yes, I noted the adhesive was extra tacky.

No worries, if you do need to remove it and the inside of your screen is 'filmed' gently pick some holes in the film behind the actual sticker with a sharp object used at an angle. A stout pin or darning need le should do. Wet a square of kitchen towel tissue big enough to cover the whole thing and slap it over the sticker then cover the tissue with a square of cling film. A bit fiddly. The sticker and cover will 'sweat' inside the seal and after a couple of days you should be able to remove it.

Even if you can remove it now by peeling before it gets too old you will not be able to put it on the outside because it will be back to front unless you have another square of the original film.

I was also told that they want it on the outside as the little funny symbol in the middle is meant to be read by a scanner of some sort that may not work through glass. Anyway, two more tips if you haven't applied yours yet (my wife screwed these up on her car)... I put mine up high in the top corner of the windshield because it is wider than most stickers and could block your view of a motorbike coming at you from the left side if you put it in your vision line, plus you need to put it outside the range of your wipers or it will interfere with their efficiency.