The Meaning Of Life And All That

maerim

I spoke to a mate of mine back in the UK the other day and he told me about a mutual friend who had a heart attack and dropped dead.

This chap drank very little, smoked even less, his new business was now keeping him instead of him keeping it, new offices, new vehicles he was married with a couple of children, a real nice chap and he was only a few years younger than me.

This news stopped me in my tracks as in line with most people I get a birthday once a year so I got to thinking about the imponderables of life such as, how long have I got?

Why weren’t my parent’s rich?

Was I swapped in the maternity home and I am sat on my old mans yacht somewhere instead of being here?

If most of the people in the world are OK why do I seem to meet all the twot’s?

Why couldn’t I find a woman years ago that would keep me in a custom I could quite easily get accustomed to?

The big one of course why are Cilla Black, Bruce Forsythe, Noel Edmunds, Ken Dodd and a load more still alive or more importantly why were they born in the first place?

After giving these questions a coat of thinking about I decided there was only one thing to do.

I took the wife down to the local Toyota dealership for a test drive in the new Fortuna.

I have a Mitsubishi Strada two years old in June and I must admit it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned not a bit of trouble, only downside to it is Mitsubishi require it to be serviced every 5,000 km and as its done nearly 70,000 km and never missed a beat so I am looking for a new motor.

I am of the opinion “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” so I had a look at the “all-new” Mitsubishi G wagon.

I know Mitsubishi are in financial trouble as Daimler Chrysler has pulled the plug on investment, this is not my problem.

It seems to have been revamped with a new bumper and dashboard and that’s it, this shape has been around for over ten years now so that was off the list.

The new Isuzu MU 7, I came away from that under whelmed, afraid it did nothing for me.

The offerings from Ford, Nissan and Mazda didn’t even make it into the hat.

These vehicles all hover around 1.2 million baht price range.

The Fortuna I drove was the top of the range the one that comes with all the whistles and bells as standard.

To be honest I decided to buy it before I even left the car park of course the better half was sat in the front seat like Lady Muck I said, “what do you think? “ as if I didn’t know.

With this vehicle Toyota have shown just what can be done to make them number one I just wish they would make the buggers who make these vehicles work a bit harder.

Another plus it the service intervals are 10,000 km after the first one at 1,000 km.

I now have the honour of being number 92 on the waiting list lets hope it arrives before I depart.

If any of you think I am hard and cynical, well your right I am but do spare a thought for my tenants in the UK they will be getting a rent increase to pay for it.

I spoke to a mate of mine back in the UK the other day and he told me about a mutual friend who had a heart attack and dropped dead.

This chap drank very little, smoked even less, his new business was now keeping him instead of him keeping it, new offices, new vehicles he was married with a couple of children, a real nice chap and he was only a few years younger than me.

This news stopped me in my tracks as in line with most people I get a birthday once a year so I got to thinking about the imponderables of life such as, how long have I got?

Was I swapped in the maternity home and I am sat on my old mans yacht somewhere instead of being here?

Why couldn’t I find a woman years ago that would keep me in a custom I could quite easily get accustomed to?

The big one of course why are Cilla Black, Bruce Forsythe, Noel Edmunds, Ken Dodd and a load more still alive or more importantly why were they born in the first place?

After giving these questions a coat of thinking about I decided there was only one thing to do.

I took the wife down to the local Toyota dealership for a test drive in the new Fortuna.

I have a Mitsubishi Strada two years old in June and I must admit it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned not a bit of trouble, only downside to it is Mitsubishi require it to be serviced every 5,000 km and as its done nearly 70,000 km and never missed a beat so I am looking for a new motor.

I am of the opinion “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” so I had a look at the “all-new” Mitsubishi G wagon.

I know Mitsubishi are in financial trouble as Daimler Chrysler has pulled the plug on investment, this is not my problem.

It seems to have been revamped with a new bumper and dashboard and that’s it, this shape has been around for over ten years now so that was off the list.

The new Isuzu MU 7, I came away from that under whelmed, afraid it did nothing for me.

The Fortuna I drove was the top of the range the one that comes with all the whistles and bells as standard.

To be honest I decided to buy it before I even left the car park of course the better half was sat in the front seat like Lady Muck I said, “what do you think? “ as if I didn’t know.

With this vehicle Toyota have shown just what can be done to make them number one I just wish they would make the buggers who make these vehicles work a bit harder.

Another plus it the service intervals are 10,000 km after the first one at 1,000 km.

I now have the honour of being number 92 on the waiting list lets hope it arrives before I depart.

If any of you think I am hard and cynical, well your right I am but do spare a thought for my tenants in the UK they will be getting a rent increase to pay for it.

sounds like a mid-life crisis to me .. the wife better look out for signs of extra marital activities ...

in answer to your question .. Noel Edmonds was/is still alive in order for a certain Mr Blobby to attain employment and feed Mrs Blobby and all the little bloobies so prevent them from dying ...

im not sure about Cilla Black tho .. ur have to ask the more enlightened members

I do enjoy your posts, maerim, and can help you have a better idea of when you're going to pop your clogs. The Death Clock

I shouldn't take credit for that link, as it was posted here quite a while ago, probably by Fatter than Harry, if my memory serves me correctly.

Apparantly my personal day of death is Thursday, November 4, 2066. At least I get to celebrate the millenial anniversary of the Battle of Hastings before I kick the bucket.

Edited by konangrit

do enjoy your posts, maerim, and can help you have a better idea of when you're going to pop your clogs. The Death Clock

Thanks but I know that one.

I have come to the conclusion I am a "lifer" no time off for bad behaviour so to speak.

I am trying to make 108 years old then be shot by a jealous husband 5 minutes after the money runs out.

I try to please.

I do enjoy your posts, maerim, and can help you have a better idea of when you're going to pop your clogs. The Death Clock

I shouldn't take credit for that link, as it was posted here quite a while ago, probably by Fatter than Harry, if my memory serves me correctly.

Apparantly my personal day of death is Thursday, November 4, 2066. At least I get to celebrate the millenial anniversary of the Battle of Hastings before I kick the bucket.

Great, I died 3 years ago, and didn't even notice :o

Sounds interesting but are there any hybrids available??? :o

I was figuring with my BMI number and somehow I switched the designation of 'normal' to 'sadist'...clicked the button and it said i should have been dead 11 years ago! It's best to be nice to others! But then I already new that.

Edited by aughie

Fitness !! A friend of mine went on a health kick. He quit smoking, drinking and eating fried food. He worked out at the gym and took up jogging. He dropped a lot of weight and was in very god condition for a 47 year old man. The last time I went back to the states I asked about Elmer. The person I asked wondered why I never heard about him. He said Elmer is dead. I asked if it was an accident or what. I got a simple answer. He had a heart attack and dropped dead while jogging.

When I die I want to die from SOMETHING. I'd really be upset if I was in peak condition, had given up all my vices and then dropped dead!

I'm fat.

I'm gonna die fat.

OR

I'm gonna workout lose weight and look beautiful...

THEN

I'm gonna die.

Why bother?

ajarntrade

yes interesting but think everyone should have a bit of pride in appearance and exercise can be somthing you enjoy......sailing ..walking ....dancing.....whatever..thats the answer and most people live longer when healthier......always cases like this thread..poor chap but everyone to their own!!!....

Up until the end of..

DAM !! I was engrossed with this post and thought, this sounds something similar to what I am going through. ( Life changing experience, ) Well thats all i need is someone telling me they are buying a car when i am going through a mid life crisis looking for solutions.

Hope the bloody car rust overnight & runs on Japanese Saki only. :o

i am going through a mid life crisis looking for solutions

May I suggest you buy a new car?

It might not solve your mid life crisis but at least you will have some nice wheels to drive around in while you are looking for an answer.