Bar Girls......how Safe?

cliffy

With the news of german hiv infector!!![true or not} back in thailand .....as a relatively new member of thailands community...wondered how safe going with bar girls is?? Probaly many threads on this......Are they ever tested..for hiv..does this depend on the owner/government etc...and all the farang who participate....are they so "meaw!!" that they dont care.....have been in many bars for a flirtation but never have the urge to take any home......is thhere any figures on this.......?? Is it on the increase or getting better......??a recent clip of 20 or 30 thai men being sent home from oil company.....from abroad...as they were hiv positive.....Worldwide problem i know as i have worked in africa......and very sad !!!

With the news of german hiv infector!!![true or not} back in thailand .....as a relatively new member of thailands community...wondered how safe going with bar girls is?? Probaly many threads on this......Are they ever tested..for hiv..does this depend on the owner/government  etc...and all the farang who participate....are they so "meaw!!" that they dont care.....have been in many bars for a flirtation but never have the urge to take any home......is thhere any figures on this.......?? Is it on the increase or getting better......??a recent clip of 20 or 30 thai men being sent home from oil company.....from abroad...as they were hiv positive.....Worldwide problem i know as i have worked in africa......and very sad !!!

These days, it's better to be safe than sorry. You can't tell if someone is infected or not just by looking at them. HIV/AIDS can take 3 months or more to be detected, and can be transmitted to others in the meantime.

Even if a BG has been tested, the results would only be valid for the date the test was done. She could have dozens of partners between the time she was tested and when the results come in. Not sure how much faith I would have in those quicky saliva tests I've heard about.

Just like gambling, you pay your money, you take your chances.

BG's don't want to get infected anymore than than anyone else, but some will take the risk if money is involved. From what I've read, the problem in Thailand isn't as bad as it is in Africa, yet.

Bar girls - as a group - can't be forced to undergo HIV testing. That would be a violation of their human rights. :o

There are government figures for HIV in some high risk groups, such as drug users seeking treatment, but the most reliable figures for the population as a whole come from the army's testing of conscripts. But I don't think those figures would tell you much about HIV prevalence in Bangkok bar girls.

Use a condom if you are worried. Even if your sleeping partner tested negative last week, she could still be infected and it wouldn't show on the test for 3-6 months. And if she's HIV+, she may well continue working. She'll need income for medication and just to survive.

With the news of german hiv infector!!![true or not} back in thailand .....as a relatively new member of thailands community...wondered how safe going with bar girls is?? Probaly many threads on this......Are they ever tested..for hiv..does this depend on the owner/government  etc...and all the farang who participate....are they so "meaw!!" that they dont care.....have been in many bars for a flirtation but never have the urge to take any home......is thhere any figures on this.......?? Is it on the increase or getting better......??a recent clip of 20 or 30 thai men being sent home from oil company.....from abroad...as they were hiv positive.....Worldwide problem i know as i have worked in africa......and very sad !!!

These days, it's better to be safe than sorry. You can't tell if someone is infected or not just by looking at them. HIV/AIDS can take 3 months or more to be detected, and can be transmitted to others in the meantime.

Even if a BG has been tested, the results would only be valid for the date the test was done. She could have dozens of partners between the time she was tested and when the results come in. Not sure how much faith I would have in those quicky saliva tests I've heard about.

Just like gambling, you pay your money, you take your chances.

BG's don't want to get infected anymore than than anyone else, but some will take the risk if money is involved. From what I've read, the problem in Thailand isn't as bad as it is in Africa, yet.

yes africa far and away worst hit area...and india and china next problem areas i hear ....people need to make this a everyday topic as eduacation is the cure.....not like some people bury head in sand........