People Effected By 2008 Airport Closure To Be Compensated

webfact

People effected by 2008 airport closure to be compensated

BANGKOK, 30 September 2009 (NNT) - The Cabinet has approved aid measures for private businesses effected by last year's seizure of Suvarnabhumi Airport by protesters.

Deputy Government Spokesman Wachara Kanika stated on Tuesday that the Cabinet had passed several aid measures to offset private sector impacts resulting from the People's Alliance for Democracy's seizure of Suvarnabhumi Airport last year. The measures will extend to 6 companies and include the waiving of select annual fees for 2009 and the lengthening of contracts that were impeded by the event.

The Cabinet also approved aid to 5 individuals, totaling 160,000 baht, for damages incurred by the protest. Aid funding has been prepared to be handed out to others who feel they were impacted by the event and have not yet made themselves known.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2009/09/30

Cleaning up more of Thaksin's messes....

Yah,

Was great to see him lead the All powerful, above the law yellow shirts to close the airports.

Isn't Thaksin great?

Or do you mean another Yellow shirt mess!

Who shut down the airports ?? :D:D

Maybe I missed something but I thought that it was the FW's wearing red shirts that shut down the airports :):D

Edited by john b good

Affected and Effected are both verb forms.

When used as a verb, effect means to execute, produce, or accomplish something. For example, The dictatorial regime quickly effected changes to the constitution that restricted the freedom of the people.

On the other hand, affect in its verb form means to impact. For example, Carbon di-oxide emissions affect the environment.

I had thought we have already tested the limits of abject ignorance on these anti-Taksin posts, and the attempts have been outstanding, but should have known there is always another one out there to let us know they are willing to push the envelope even further. Thank you LawnGnome, you now join an elite cadre.

When used as a verb, effect means to execute, produce, or accomplish something. For example, The dictatorial regime quickly effected changes to the constitution that restricted the freedom of the people.

On the other hand, affect in its verb form means to impact. For example, Carbon di-oxide emissions affect the environment.

OK 'thailand' let us use execute, and execute the a'holes who are and have been holding the realm to ransom for so many years.

AND, I really mean execute.

My name is not Adolf, Benito, Augusto, Joseph..... but I, would align myself with such people if the exercice was to exterminate the vermin that currently infest the K o T

Don't let us beat about the bush. If you have vermine you exterminate them "well don't' you"

Edited by john b good

OK 'thailand' let us use execute, and execute the a'holes who are and have been holding the realm to ransom for so many years.

AND, I really mean execute.

My name is not Adolf, Benito, Augusto, Joseph..... but I, would align myself with such people if the exercice was to exterminate the vermin that currently infest the K o T

Don't let us beat about the bush. If you have vermine you exterminate them "well don't' you"

Not Saddam or Idi hopefully? :)

I had thought we have already tested the limits of abject ignorance on these anti-Taksin posts, and the attempts have been outstanding, but should have known there is always another one out there to let us know they are willing to push the envelope even further. Thank you LawnGnome, you now join an elite cadre.

Some of us see that the opposite pro-Thaksin ( that is the English spelling of his name for your record ) point of view also tests the limits of "abject lgnorance".

Well, it's good that some compensation will be forthcoming. Now, it would be nice if there was a side-dish of justice as well.

Bear in mind the lottery and sapling cases were started long before the airport occupation and have only just been dealt with

The PAD are not exactly flavour of the month these days and may well not be able to count on any light handling especially as we also have the red shirt cases not dealt with yet too although they will be a little behind the PAD ones in theory.

Unless of course we get the amnesty that the reds, PTP and Newin seem to want but the PAD dont....

What a surprise!

Notice no help for al those falngs who had there holidays ruined,missssed jonbs weddings funerals and interviews

I hope some American lawyer launches aclass action going against the PAD AOT and those responsible

And Pigs may go Orchid ass class

Its all whitewash whereby some pal of the ministry who is on the board of AOT or Kunt Power will get there noses back in the trough

The pre Soviet Chetka/KGB and now SFB Mossad discourage cronyism corruption and general entrepreneurship with an instant bullet as did the CIA when Malcom X Luther King Kennedy upstarts etc tried to spoil the party by the people below stairs getting of their knees and requesting equality.

Perhaps laying the yellow shirts under the new railway would be a fitting memorial and yellow sleepers ghosts could get the <deleted> airport link open more toilets ,metred taxis ,a pub?

Honest baggage and left luggage and no threatening touts accosting weary travellers.

This is rocket science funny how they do better in slums like Sri Lanka ,Biarritz even Dusseldorf has 2 stations right into the terminal which has more better and cheaper food than much of

Sleazabuhmi

Edited by RubbaJohnny

What a surprise!

Notice no help for al those falngs who had there holidays ruined,missssed jonbs weddings funerals and interviews

I hope some American lawyer launches aclass action going against the PAD AOT and those responsible

Its all whitewash whereby some pal of the ministry who is on the board of AOT or Kunt Power will get there noses back in the trough

The pre Soviet Chetka/KGB and now SFB Mossad discourage cronyism corruption and general entrepreneurship with an instant bullet as did the CIA when Malcom X Luther King Kennedy upstarts etc tried to spoil the party by the people below stairs getting of their knees and requesting equality.

Perhaps laying the yellow shirts under the new railway would be a fitting memorial and yellow sleepers ghosts could get the <deleted> airport link open more toilets ,metred taxis ,a pub?

Honest baggage and left luggage and no threatening touts accosting weary travellers.

This is rocket science funny how they do better in slums like Sri Lanka ,Biarritz even Dusseldorf has 2 stations right into the terminal which has more better and cheaper food than much of

Sleazabuhmi

That was better than Mel Gibson doing the monologue in Hamlet. Top post Jonny boy, best leaving the fulls stops out next time.

What a surprise!

Sleazabuhmi

That was better than Mel Gibson doing the monologue in Hamlet. Top post Jonny boy, best leaving the fulls stops out next time.

Mel Gibson played Hamlet ??? :) wasn't that Mad Max ? :D

IMHO any compensation should be paid for from the PAD's coffers!

FF

What about compensation for the TRAVELERS??? lost waiges, hotel fees, meal fees, and so on????

Yes, ALL people/Company's etc who have a legitimate claim, the PAD should compensate ALL of them.

FF

They would have been better off not compensating anybody. I seriously doubt that only 6 companies were affected by the closure. Seems likely that those that get compensated will be the usual cronies that feed from the trough.

FF

What about compensation for the TRAVELERS??? lost waiges, hotel fees, meal fees, and so on????

Yes, ALL people/Company's etc who have a legitimate claim, the PAD should compensate ALL of them.

FF

I'll believe that when I see it....

FF

FF

I'll believe that when I see it....

Same Same

FF