Rain

gotlost

Had about 20 minutes of light rain near the North Gate area about 40 minutes ago. Lasted for about 20 minutes.

Sometimes it feels like i'm living in a different city!

Last night driving south on Hang Dong back to Mae Hia about 9pm, it tipped it down (had to switch on the wipers, first time since Oct), and it kept on raining for at least half an hour after getting home.

Tonight it started at about 8pm and is still going.

Perhaps I have my own micro-climate and tame rain cloud. TF.

Had about 20 minutes of light rain near the North Gate area about 40 minutes ago. Lasted for about 20 minutes.

Sometimes it feels like i'm living in a different city!

Last night driving south on Hang Dong back to Mae Hia about 9pm, it tipped it down (had to switch on the wipers, first time since Oct), and it kept on raining for at least half an hour after getting home.

Tonight it started at about 8pm and is still going.

Perhaps I have my own micro-climate and tame rain cloud. TF.

Half your luck .At Banwangtan,Hang Dong not enough to settle the dust.

I've been pretty cynical about "rainmaking" efforts in the past but I do think this latest bit of drizzle is a direct result of the efforts of the king's rainmaking corps. Starting last week I saw large tanker trucks in many rural locales spraying water over hot asphalt roads. Too many to be a mere coincidence. I believe they were making an effort to get the relative humidity up, which is necessary for cloud seeding efforts to succeed. A few days ago I saw flight after flight of the small green airplanes departing and arriving at CM airport. Cheers for a job well done and coordination of efforts regionally!

• Like 1

I've been pretty cynical about "rainmaking" efforts in the past but I do think this latest bit of drizzle is a direct result of the efforts of the king's rainmaking corps. Starting last week I saw large tanker trucks in many rural locales spraying water over hot asphalt roads. Too many to be a mere coincidence. I believe they were making an effort to get the relative humidity up, which is necessary for cloud seeding efforts to succeed. A few days ago I saw flight after flight of the small green airplanes departing and arriving at CM airport. Cheers for a job well done and coordination of efforts regionally!

Well I must be a deal more cynical than you. Various weather forecasts over the last few days have indicated thunderstorms (which we have had) and chances between 10% and 40% of precipitation (which we have had) I would not think they are co ordinating their forecasts with rain making efforts. Spraying water on a few roads would hardly cause a high humidity rate overall would it ? Perhaps the planes are dropping water rather than chemicals ! Its ironic that only a few months ago parts CM were under water, we are never happy are we ?

How long does these storms usually last? Power gone in Ninmmahaemin (at least where i am anyway) wondering if i should go look for candles and/or beer if these power outages are usually something that can last hours?) Then again with a couple of building sites beside me might not be the safest thing to do with the winds being a bit blustery

• Like 1

power out all over the place south of Mahidol. The dear was in peoples' eyes as the wind picked up at 89 Plaza. Street furniture flying, one woman clinging for life to a concrete pillar.

I imagine this thread will go wild once the power returns.

Felt so sorry for you guys in town, I decided to get the truck washed. (60 baht; good deal)

We're all gonna get it now. :/

Lol thanks! I was just about to get my bike washed and decided to put it off because of the wind and looming clouds. Bam, what a storm... Just what the good doctor ordered. Never been so happy to get rain before! That should clear up the air at least for a while.

• Like 1

Pretty wild here also just up the road from you.

I've lived in this apt 6 yrs., and have never experienced such high winds. Probably a micro-cell.

One large potted plant flailed itself to death, and all my brooms, mops, etc. started doing St. Vitus' dance on the balcony.

So I ventured outside quickly and laid them all flat.

15 minutes later- they were all upright again in the corner.

At one point I moved away from my large plate glass sliding door because it was vibrating like a guitar string- honestly thought it was going to implode into the apt.

Horizontal rain and it leaked past the joints and down the wall on the west facing sliding glass windows.

Kudos to EGAT- power went off and on about 5 times- but never stayed off for more than a second or 2.

Really glad to see this- I hope tomorrow will dawn a clear and beautiful day in CM.

• Like 2

I could be down the road from you and usually we have long black out in Nimman after the storm too.

Pretty wild tstorm here in Nimman, some heavy gusts... lots of dust and debris in the air. Actually got scared at one point because the clouds had that mammatus structure which could be indicative of tornadoes, and we don't need that shit here.

rain in chang phueak today! not as extreme as you guys encountered, but just some alternating between heavy and light rain. im pretty certain its pretty wild few streets down since the power in tops at mecure & my place flickers like nobody business

We got lots of wind and about a 40 minute pounding of rain on the south side of the city about 7:30 or 8:00, then it pretty much dried up. Of course I left my helmet on my motorcycle upside down and filled it up with water. I had been planning on going riding that afternoon but a friend came over for a visit instead. At least that made the soggy helmet worth it. I'm not sure how long it will take to dry the helmet if the water got between the padding and the outer shell.

Quite a storm in Sansai last night; especially the wind. Broken trees and fallen branches all over. No power from about 18:00-21:30. We couldn't take sitting around by candlelight for long so we went out. There was no power at all along the Super Highway from the Me Jo Road as far as Makro on both sides. We tried to go to Big C but they were closed; everything dark everywhere. Funny thing was Index and Makro were both lit up and it seemed Makro was open for business.

Amazing displays of feather lightning up in Mae Taeng yesterday evening. Right at dusk for about an hour, we saw almost continuous lightning above us with the main roots heading toward Chiang Mai. Never saw this much silent lightning in my life and it was fascinating to watch.

• Like 1

The lightning right before the storm knocked out the power for 3 hours, but the rain was not heavy at all. I was expecting a giant storm from the way that it started out.

I believe that UG lives inside the city. If that's the case then that was a extremely widespread power outage last night. I just assumed it was out this way judging by the amount of PEA workers I saw here.