Rain

gotlost

Slow soaking rain has begun. This ain't no thunderstorm, no come and go in 10 minutes type of precipitation.

I would bet that we are going to see some real rain in CM from this day forth.

I can feel it in my broken bones, in fact.

That aching feeling when the humidity changes and you know the rainy season has begun for sure.

Good thing I brought over my fowl weather gear from Taiwan for use in Chiang Mai!

Good thing I moved away from the runway, too. I guess I don't need to be constantly listening to the sound of planes during the dreary rainy season to get my spirits even further down in the dumps.

But I forgot. I love the rain.

When it is not raining, sometimes I gotta pay someone to hose the roof so I can sleep at night.

Like W.C. Fields.

Glad the rain is finally here, though.

Maybe I will be able to see some flooding this year, as well.

It is so quiet over here now, the sound of this rain is like music to my ears,

Just the pitter patter, and Bach in the bachground.

It is heaven.

Same kind of rain as yesterday, only about an hour and 15 minutes earlier than the same time yesterday.

Seems that the builder positioned the down water rain pipe to his spout just outside my window.

Actually I think it's called a downspout.

Some day they will figure a way to take this water off the roof and save it to flush toilets during the raining season.

By the way, I have noticed that some on TV say "raining season" where I have always heard it "rainy season".

Raining season is definitely more descriptive and it is also more evocative of what is actually happening out there tonight.

This is the first time since arriving in Thailand several months ago that I can recall such a good steady rain,

And quite a few times during the night.

When I awoke it looked all around me like

Puddles in the Morning.

There is nothing I love more than the sight of

Puddles in the Morning.

And watching the birds who no longer have far to fly to find water from the many puddles

It looked like....

Harmony.

Slow soaking rain has begun. This ain't no thunderstorm, no come and go in 10 minutes type of precipitation.

I would bet that we are going to see some real rain in CM from this day forth.

I can feel it in my broken bones, in fact.

That aching feeling when the humidity changes and you know the rainy season has begun for sure.

Good thing I brought over my fowl weather gear from Taiwan for use in Chiang Mai!

Good thing I moved away from the runway, too. I guess I don't need to be constantly listening to the sound of planes during the dreary rainy season to get my spirits even further down in the dumps.

But I forgot. I love the rain.

When it is not raining, sometimes I gotta pay someone to hose the roof so I can sleep at night.

Like W.C. Fields.

Glad the rain is finally here, though.

Maybe I will be able to see some flooding this year, as well.

It is so quiet over here now, the sound of this rain is like music to my ears,

Just the pitter patter, and Bach in the bachground.

It is heaven.

That is why I will continue to go back and forth from Thailand to Canada. I get the best of both worlds. Where I live I can pour myself a nice cool glass of water straight from the tap, and with no chemical taste. And, I can swim in any river without worrying about infection.

We have trees blowing around now and a good vertical rain falling.

The sky is brownish gray when looking up from here.

I think I moved to high ground when I moved here to avoid flooding.

For further posts in the Rain forum, I will try to find out where I am so that my reportage will seem more meaningful.

I know it is around the left side, the western side, of the runway as you take off on a heading of 0 or 360 degrees.

It have rained very hard here this afternoon in Saraphi and for the first time this year an invasion of flying termites!

Yes, I have the termites too, over here northwest of the runway.

It probably is not the rain though. Or maybe I do not know.

But where I am from these things swarm like crazy one day or 48 hours straight each year and then do not come out again very much.

Sometimes you end up with a pound of them on your floor if you leave your window open with a light on inside your house.

After careful consideration, I have decided that it is time to declare:

START OF THE WET SEASON

JUNE 5TH 2013

Lots of gentle rain, earlier some strong gusts and a bit of a down pour. Wonderful.

I think this topic should be pinned as was the smoke one during the Smoking Season. Its important you know.

For the second night in a row, it was cold enough for the bedroom window to be almost closed. In concurrence with the above posts, I think it's fair to say that the rains be

here.

At last!

• 2 weeks later...

WHATS going on ?????

I had to go back to page 8 to find this thread. Can't have that now. This thread has a life of it own.....like a cult thing.

No, its not raining now but just getting the thread ready to be used in the next couple days..... Quickly....

In memory of Got Lost

• Like 1

This year is REALLY slow about raining enough to stay cooled off.

: 2060.gif

It certainly is - good to know that it's not just me. I keep thinking that I must have reaching that time in my life when hot flushes are the norm. I was literally dripping this morning, and all I did was dust the ceilings with the mop - hardly strenuous work.

I can't remember a year when the rains took so long to settle in.

I love the rain.

It is really starting to come down here just west of the runway.

This time it is a truly soaking rain

And one which will also be a lasting rain.

It sound good,

When it droppeth through the treeth.

Edited by OldChinaHam