Rain

gotlost

Just starting up in Mae Hia. Thought there was supposed to be a 6-10 degree temperature drop but I had to turn the air on today.

The high pressure over the Northeast of Thailand will cover the upper country today. The weather conditions can be varied with thundershowers and strong wind following with sharp cold spell expected by decreasing temperature 6-10 degree Celsius. The weather forecast for regions during 24-25 January is as following: North: Minimum temperature 8-14 degree Celsius with isolated frost in mountaintops.

Northeast: Minimum temperature 8-15 degree Celsius. Central and East: Minimum temperature 14-18 degree Celsius. Bangkok Metropolis and Vicinity: Minimum temperature 16-18 degree Celsius. During 26-27 January, the westerly trough from Myanmar will cover the North and the Northeast of Thailand affecting outbreaks of persistent cold spell.

All people should keep warm and healthy due to the severe changeable weather. The northeast monsoon across the South and the Gulf of Thailand will intensify with much more rain, as well as isolated heavy thundershowers. The wind waves in the Gulf are expected 2-4 meters high. All people should beware of high inshore surf. All ships should proceed with caution, and small boats keep ashore during 24-27 January.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/thailand.php

Thanks for that....just thinking about getting my ship underway. biggrin.png

you may have to wait awhile rolleyes.gif

A major rain cloud passed over us in Mae Rim, preceded by a powerful window which accelerated the leaf falling process and took the top off my new sala, grrr. Alas no rain but shed loads of leaves to pick up and a new plastic cover to buy, did I say grrr!

Brief downpour, cleared for about an hour, now another windy downpour. I don't mind the rain and appreciate a return to the cool season, but I feel sorry for the CMU graduates and their families. I hope they enjoy the occasion in spite of the weather.

Brief downpour, cleared for about an hour, now another windy downpour. I don't mind the rain and appreciate a return to the cool season, but I feel sorry for the CMU graduates and their families. I hope they enjoy the occasion in spite of the weather.

Some sacrifices are worth it thumbsup.gif

So near yet so far away, you got deluged and we were bone dry, I can probably see your house from mine if I stand on the roof with a telescope, not that I will and not that want to mind. biggrin.png

I did one of your house earlier ........ somewhere behind all that rain ...... (photo taken at 3:24pm)

post-233622-0-12484800-1453639560_thumb.

^^

Me too, at MaeJo, but just the one cut.

One of the joys of village-life, that the power goes out, whenever there are more than three drops of rain or a gust of wind ! rolleyes.gif

And I love it ! Reminds me of my childhood during the 1950s in England !

Its been drizzling most of the night in Mae Rim. This morning we have had a couple of good downpours and what a difference in temp. Inside its 18 degrees C, outside about 15.

Its a good rain as its giving the ground time to soak it all up (Apart from the heavy downpours). Very cloudy around the hills and it looks like the rain is going to settle in for quite some time.

Good day to do some work out in the workshop. Time for another big brewed coffee.

If on the roads, please be careful...possibly quite greasy and increase your following distances.

A good day to all

• Like 1

Its been drizzling most of the night in Mae Rim. This morning we have had a couple of good downpours and what a difference in temp. Inside its 18 degrees C, outside about 15.

Its a good rain as its giving the ground time to soak it all up (Apart from the heavy downpours). Very cloudy around the hills and it looks like the rain is going to settle in for quite some time.

Good day to do some work out in the workshop. Time for another big brewed coffee.

If on the roads, please be careful...possibly quite greasy and increase your following distances.

A good day to all

Same here

Same here

Same here

Same here

• Like 2

Is it now time to start a 'Chiang Mai - Snow' thread ? rolleyes.gif

On the plus side, this will clean up the air, for a week or two ! And freshen up the garden too.

But it's 13*C at 14.30 on an overcast day, almost like dear old England, time for a slice of Christmas-cake & some hot-chocolate.

Then off to hunt for my novelty willy-warmer, now needed in earnest, methinks ! tongue.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2