Rain

gotlost

Very dark out here in Mae rim at the moment. About 30 minutes ago we had a few drop of rain but it appears to have been building a bit North and into the hills. Very strong winds have just come through and the rain is getting heavier.

A great amount of thunder is accompanying this rain...yep the dogs had hhad enough and are sheltering on the verandah.

Good to take the temp down a few degrees and I looked forward to that. Might see a few sprouts of green grass in the next few days if this rain holds on a bit.

Good stuff.... yes its getting quite heavy now.

• Like 2

Had a couple of really good downpours but seems to be easing off now. Hopefully the Mae Rim plaza market day will go ahead.... no doubt they are already set up, just a tad damp!

Very pleasant 32 degrees outside at the moment. Last week I was in Antwerpen and the high was 15, arrived back to Chiang Mai on Friday to 42. Now that was a shock to the system.

Good luck to the rest of CM and I hope you guys get some of this rain

• Like 1

5 minutes if gentle rain so far in BWT. That's the first in weeks.....keep it coming! Getting heavier now, so happy happy plants tonight, though it will probably cost us another power outage!!

• Like 1

That was one heavy storm in Mae Rim, much needed rain for 30/45 minutes but scary winds also, thankfully we had our trees pruned this morning! Temperature in the sala currently showing 26 degrees in the shade, lovely.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

This is how long dry spells usually end ,violent storms that cause more damage than soaking rain. But I guess at this time we would take anything.

Lead story on BBC World TV today was the extended drought, especially in the north east.The Gov seems strangely quiet about these poor souls, why are they not implementing a bore hole drilling project

Villagers pictured today were travelling up to 20 kms just to fill containers.Several days a week.

Many farmers borrowing money to get there kids to school and put food on the table ,what a vicious circle, loans they can rarely pay back

Droughts are awful, lived in Melbourne for the 'official' 12 year drought, really 14 years. They had to commission a desalination plant because things were so dire. Of course the drought ended around the time they actually broke ground to start building it, but I read that somewhere possibly South Australia was wanting to use the desal plant, so at least some money is being made from it.

I hadn't realised that things were quite that bad here. News reports usually exaggerate, but having to go elsewhere to fill containers is not good. The government really needs to do something, But they would rather send 20 soldiers to arrest someone who had created a Facebook page from my reading of what happened today.

Priority's, eh?