Claim For Child Support

mccafield

I would like to have any comment of claiming for child support.

I am Thai, living and working in Thailand. My boyfriend is Danish, used to work in Thailand but moved back to his country 3 years ago, now works for Danish Company but based in Vietnam office.

We are not married but have a daughter who is now 3.5 years old. His name is shown on her birth certificate and 3 years ago we went to Denmark together by his guarantee. The DNA test was also made 2 years ago and the result is possitive.

However, for the security of my daughter's support,then I am thinking about claiming for child support. That's why i write this email to you.

Is there any chance to claim the child support from him? and how is the process? I am afraid that I can not afford for the lawyer. If there is a chance to fight for the child support, how much we can get from that?

The big question is child support under what laws, I guess? As a Thai mother you need to check if you can claim Danish child support or not, Thai support is what, 30 baht per day I was told? I am no expert, I hope you can contact the embassies for more info.

I don't know if the child support amount would be different because the child is not living in Denmark, but if living in Denmark the minimum amount would be DKK 1,128 or a little over THB 7,000 per month. However, the amount is dependent on the (in this case) fathers income, so it could be higher if he earns good money.

You could try e-mailing Familiestyrelsen in Denmark and ask for advice. They are responsible for setting and administering the child support regulations so should be able to tell you what options you have. Their email address is: [email protected]

I assume that you have already tried getting the father to support his child voluntarily? If not I think that should be your first option.

Hope everything works out.

Sophon

Thank you khun Sophon for your comment.

He work with the Danish worldwide company for cement industry. I assume he get above 70,000 DKK.

Actually right now he pays for the international school fee for my daughter and it is quite a lot, but he doesn't support for the daily expenses.

My concern is I feel it is not secured and there is nothing guarantee how long time he will pay for that and he always raises up the topic if I don't assist him to talk to his daugther, he would stop supporting. This is the reason why I am serching for the information.

Any more comment from you?

The big question is child support under what laws, I guess? As a Thai mother you need to check if you can claim Danish child support or not, Thai support is what, 30 baht per day I was told? I am no expert, I hope you can contact the embassies for more info.

It is the child that claims the child support, with her mother acting on her behalf. The child is his and I would presume has also Danish nationality because of the father.

Seem strange that nobody seem to have firsthand knowledge about theese issues considering all the look krung in thailand. Someone should be able to tell what the conditons for thaichilsdupport are and if thaifathers really pay them and what happens to them if they dont.

Also if its possible to claim childsupport from another country for a thai child then there should be some people around who have that experience to share.

How much is thaichildsupport? How much could the mother get for the child should it be possible to claim it from his country?

Wouldnt it be thaat if the father in this thread pays for the school of the child anyway mean that hes supporting the child and that sum be deductable?

Lets be honest here, he's probably paying a lot of money for the international school which puts your child in great stead for the future, living expenses for a child in Thailand are not particularly high once you take schooling out of the equation. He must be paying at least 10-20,000 baht a mon th in school fees.

Why don't you ask him to perhaps get health insurance including outpatient for her additionally?

If I was in the same position I would be doing teh same and paying for a good school and health care direct, so that money doesn't have the (however remote) possibility to get diverted to other things, after all his responsibility is to his child not the mother.

Thank you khun Sophon for your comment.

He work with the Danish worldwide company for cement industry. I assume he get above 70,000 DKK.

Actually right now he pays for the international school fee for my daughter and it is quite a lot, but he doesn't support for the daily expenses.

My concern is I feel it is not secured and there is nothing guarantee how long time he will pay for that and he always raises up the topic if I don't assist him to talk to his daugther, he would stop supporting. This is the reason why I am serching for the information.

Any more comment from you?

Why wouldnt u let him talk with his daughter? I think and agree as said that he has done his part by paying for the schooling (actually might be paying more than he has to) and u wont gain anything extra from childsupport.

I think you miss the point Krap

The way I read it, the father is making voluntary payments for the education of the child, the lady appears concerned that there is no legal back up should the father decide for whatever reason to discontinue the payments. Hence she is asking advice......some of the above would appear to be useful...yes?

The way I read it, the father is making voluntary payments for the education of the child, the lady appears concerned that there is no legal back up should the father decide for whatever reason to discontinue the payments. Hence she is asking advice......some of the above would appear to be useful...yes?

Its a good point. Altough she said "I would like to have any comment of claiming for child support". Also she said she`s thinking of claiming childsupport. I agree should he stop paying she could try to get childsupport but why try to fix what is not broken especially if he is paying more than he has to as it is. Bad advice?

Its a good point. Altough she said "I would like to have any comment of claiming for child support". Also she said she`s thinking of claiming childsupport. I agree should he stop paying she could try to get childsupport but why try to fix what is not broken especially if he is paying more than he has to as it is. Bad advice?

Yes you have a good point there too, except the very fact the question is being asked would indicate that perhaps what is not currently broken may well be pushed to breaking point in the future, thus a little pre planning is in order? Know and evaluate your options......

Yes you have a good point there too, except the very fact the question is being asked would indicate that perhaps what is not currently broken may well be pushed to breaking point in the future, thus a little pre planning is in order? Know and evaluate your options......

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. When evaluting these options one should also consider that childsupport is just that and is normally for covering the childs basic expenses such as food and chlothing. To wich also the mother should contribute. It is not intended for the mother or luxuries for the child and i doubt that private schooling would be covered.

Thank you for all above comment. I will think about it.

The point is if he decides to pay only for school fee, it would be fine for me. However, there is nothing guarantee that he will pay it through out her education. That is any way to make it legally?

Regarding the additional money for other expenses, I shall cover it.

The child is his and I would presume has also Danish nationality because of the father.

Since they are not married the child is not a Danish citizen and cannot obtain Danish citizenship.

Sophon

Don't know about Danish law, but I would question the legality of such provision of Danish law under the European convention on human rights and the treaty on the rights of the child. (Presummed the father has legalised the child or the court has established him as the father in a paternity suit).

The child is his and I would presume has also Danish nationality because of the father.

Since they are not married the child is not a Danish citizen and cannot obtain Danish citizenship.

Sophon

Don't know about Danish law, but I would question the legality of such provision of Danish law under the European convention on human rights and the treaty on the rights of the child. (Presummed the father has legalised the child or the court has established him as the father in a paternity suit).

I agree that it seems unreasonable, but it is the law and it has been tested and upheld.

Sophon

I´m not Danish but Swedish and the two countries have similar laws.

I have asked our embassy, on behalf of a woman with a Swedish ex-husband and a child with the ex, if the child is entitled to child-support from Sweden (as the man is registred as the childs father, in Thailand and Sweden).

The answer was YES!, if the child lives in Sweden, otherwise NO.

The child holds a Swedish passport and can go to Sweden anytime, but is not registred as a recident.

So if your daughter is a Danish citizen, you can move to Denmark (I think!) and get Child support and other benefits, please understand, I´m not 100% sure, but if you ask the Danish Embassy, they can help you.

Just my 5 cents...

Tommy