Maxnet Vs True Internet Pattaya

Crypt36

Allright so I currently have a wireless internet connection in Nirun Condo called Mamawifi. It sucks. Between 0.00 and 12.00 hrs I can get as much as 120kbs when I'm lucky and in between hardly any internet at all often. It includes reconnecting every 4hrs but it's more like every 30mins. It gets me what I want but it sucks and annoys me every day.

So I would like cable or ADSL internet and the 2 providers available are Maxnet and True.

True has a 1199thb package with 4Mbps internationally and 5Mbps local speed so it claims.

Maxnet has a 1000thb package with 5Mbps and doesn't want to tell anything about international speeds. Only that you share with 20 others.

True has a 1990thb package with 8Mbps internationally and 8Mbps local speed so it claims.

Maxnet has a 1490thb package with 10Mbps and doesn't want to tell anything about international speeds. Only that you share with 20 others.

What I would like is:

-a connection that works 90% of the time, so it can be down 3 entire days a month and I will still be happy

-a connection that gives me at least 100kbps steady download at least 20hrs a day. So this would be 1% of the speed the 1490thb Maxnet promises...

Could some people please tell me about their experiences with both providers in Pattaya and if my wishes are reasonable and which package would be the best to pick.

Maxnet is great 00:00-12:00 (maybe even 14:00) thats for international for local it stays pretty good most of the time. In the morning I can download at about 5Mbps and afternoon lucky to get 0.5Mbps on international sites, that's all on the 1000thb package. Uploading is a complete joke I have never seen more than 250Kbps.

My subscription is only 4 Mb on True.

In the past, when I had 2.5 internationally I was happy.

Now I have often 5 Mb, it means I had been upgraded.

I don't test every hour but I'm quite happy.

Sometimes: 1 movie = less than one hour.

Maxnet is great 00:00-12:00 (maybe even 14:00) thats for international for local it stays pretty good most of the time. In the morning I can download at about 5Mbps and afternoon lucky to get 0.5Mbps on international sites, that's all on the 1000thb package. Uploading is a complete joke I have never seen more than 250Kbps.

I have maxnet premium in my house. Morning i can get some speed between 130kps to 280kps, afetrnoon mosthly no internet at all. Complained them many time, bot nothing happen. Finally they sent a mecanic to check out. But up to now, 4 months already, nothing happen. I think their whole service is a joke. All a rip off!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the 1199thb package with 4Mbps internationally and 5Mbps local speed, it took 9 days and all is working great now! Just have the line for 5 hours now but got 1mb/s download on a torrent at prime time 18.00hrs so if it all stays like this I am very satisfied. I did buy a new Linksys router instead of the free one I got from True but the setup was very easy.

I have maxnet premium in my house. Morning i can get some speed between 130kps to 280kps, afetrnoon mosthly no internet at all. Complained them many time, bot nothing happen. Finally they sent a mecanic to check out. But up to now, 4 months already, nothing happen. I think their whole service is a joke. All a rip off!

If you have a wireless router be sure you put a mighty fine password on it! What happens to alot of people (including me back in Holland) is that they just plug in their nice new wireless router from their ISP or the store and start internetting and complaining about bad speeds. This is because the rest of your neighbourhood is also able to recieve your wireless signal and is surfing for free on your bandwith wether this is on purpose or not. Often they don't even know, their own wireless reciever just took your router as the most convenient hotspot.

you acces your router setup by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser and then you have to change the admin password somewhere. You can also disable the routers wireless function in here to be sure and just use the adsl cable to your PC. I bought a new router without wifi just to be sure.

I just got connected today with true on the 8Mb package.My modem however says that I have 14122 Mb and I am downloading right now at 1.4 Mb/sec.Not bad I should say after all the TOT horror I had to experience in the past years.

By the way haven't been disconnected yet.With TOT that would happen at least 2 times an hour,and that would be the better moments.

I stay with TT&T premier 3 Mb. Rocksteady.

Also BTV Cable is ok, 10 MB, but only for Thai sites. The route via CAT, so intl speed is not too bad anyway.

Compared with 4 yrs ago, the internet access is way better and cheaper.

Cheers

Maxnet here:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2562 kbps (320.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 419 kbps (52.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 104 ms

15 ตุลาคม 2552 22:14:49

Pay around 1100 a month I believe. Very happy with it.

At first installation minor hick-up with modem configuration (ADSL2 in stead of ADSL), they told me "technician will call you" and I could hardly believe it: technician called. He told me he would come next day, he came. He got the thing talking and it stopped never since.

Since I have it (6 months or so?), been down 1 evening.

A month ago bought some cheap wireless router in tuk.com, plug and play, as far as I can notice no loss of speed whatsoever.

Happy with the Maxnet service (in Carrefour branch always someone there who at least tries to speak English and with a more then reasonable knowledge of what they are doing, but of course that's only my experience, others seem to have had other experiences), happy with the speed and happy with the price (before I paid 100thb less for Hutch, giving me less then 1/10th of this speed at that time).

Last Sunday I was watching a live streaming event on the internet from 12 noon to 3 pm and the streaming was faultlessly smooth throughout.

I had expected it to be very jumpy as I had tuned into the start which was midnight on Saturday and was like flicking pages in a book but the next day no problems at all.

I use the TOT 3Mb package (I think, the one that's 590 Baht) and was amazed by the service as it's the best I've ever had in the 2 years I've been with them. (Although part of the problems I experienced before was my own computer)

Bandwidth tests should be done with speedtest.net and against a EU or US test location. My personal experience is that testing speed to bangkok is always good (if line is working that is ...), the real test of a ISP in Thailand is how much international bandwidth they give you.

My subscription is only 4 Mb on True.

In the past, when I had 2.5 internationally I was happy.

Now I have often 5 Mb, it means I had been upgraded.

I don't test every hour but I'm quite happy.

Sometimes: 1 movie = less than one hour.

Interesting,ive been on CAT cable for 12 months and was looking to change to True, my cat connection is the 1800b per month 2mb/1mb package, i too can download a movie in under an hour.

I wonder why our downloads are similar yet your on 4mb connection ??

Hey guys

I`m after some recommendations for a solid internet connection in around soi Arunotai or nirun condo.

I`ve used the maxnet connection previously. Had good download speeds , but would disconnect sometimes. Download speeds are important, but would prefer a connection that rarely disconnects.

Rather than start a new topic, here seemed the best place to ask my question.

Appreciate any comments.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I asked true about high speed internet in Jomtien and they told me that they don't connect through phone line but by cable bradband, is it a true information ?

I use true service by phone line in Bangkok and it's quite reliable, but I wonder about broadband in Jomtien, so do you have any information ?

And if I want internet through telephone line, which company provides it ? Tt&t, Tot ?

Thanks.

I stay with TT&T premier 3 Mb. Rocksteady. ...<snip>... Cheers

I concur. I've been using MaxNet for about 5-years, however the initial

2-years were on an 'Indy' level where you share the connection with 20 others. The 'Indy"

level was _horrid_ with only decent speeds in early morn and late eves when the area I-Net shops weren't busy!

I changed to a basic 2mb 'Premier' connection (which shares with 10-people) and have had

nothing but success with local and international connections. Hence, 'Premier' is they way to go!

The _only_ exception was recently when MaxNet down for 3-days while changing their affiliation with BBB.

In all...it seems much more reliable than what friends using TOT/CAT have said they experienced.

FWIW...your experience may also depend on what area you reside in. I'm on Thepprasit Rd, South Pattaya

Edited by LukDod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...