Dome Residence In Chiang Mai (along Huay Kaew)

robert10

Looking for a place to stay either at or within walking distance to Nimmanhemin area for a week in CM.

Anyone stayed at above place before and can comment? Looks like 5 min walk to Nimmahemin from the map and their opening promotion price (50% discount) is attractive.

Looking for a place to stay either at or within walking distance to Nimmanhemin area for a week in CM.

Anyone stayed at above place before and can comment? Looks like 5 min walk to Nimmahemin from the map and their opening promotion price (50% discount) is attractive.

I know 2 people who stay there Robert, long term. Both are very happy. It's a nice buildng inside and out. Studios are big and new come complete with 29" TV and wireless internet (small fee i think)

Nice balcony that has a decent worktop with storage space underneath along with mains and water supply. Not huge but plenty big enough to sit out on or cook meals away from the room :D

I know you're only looking for a short stay, but while i'm writing here i might as well point out that a studio is around 10,000 THB/Mo for long stay, and the 1 bed (which is a studio with a partition it seems) goes for about 12,000 THB/Mo. I think the Dome has the best looking/equipped studio i've seen in CM, but perhaps the worst designed 1 bed. I also believe that Room rates might be negotiable for either long or short stay.

Btw, you're looking at a 10+ walk to Nimmahemin, but still nothing to worry about :)

Cheers

Aitch

I know several people who have stayed there, both short and long term. They seem very satisfied and yes, the place is lovely. The location is fantastic. Sure, it doesn't have a pool and you can find cheaper places that won't be as nice, but if it's within your budget, I'd say go for it. You can always pay a modest fee to use the pool at the nearby Orchid Hotel.

I know 2 people who stay there Robert, long term. Both are very happy. It's a nice buildng inside and out. Studios are big and new come complete with 29" TV and wireless internet (small fee i think)

Nice balcony that has a decent worktop with storage space underneath along with mains and water supply. Not huge but plenty big enough to sit out on or cook meals away from the room :D

I know you're only looking for a short stay, but while i'm writing here i might as well point out that a studio is around 10,000 THB/Mo for long stay, and the 1 bed (which is a studio with a partition it seems) goes for about 12,000 THB/Mo. I think the Dome has the best looking/equipped studio i've seen in CM, but perhaps the worst designed 1 bed. I also believe that Room rates might be negotiable for either long or short stay.

Btw, you're looking at a 10+ walk to Nimmahemin, but still nothing to worry about :D

Cheers

Hillside 4 condo would surely be a better option as it's roughly the same price, circa 10,000 a month. You would also get free use of decent swimming pool and they have a good gym.

Cheers :)

Aitch

i'm staying at the dome at the moment and would reccomend it. modern, clean, everything works, half decent shower, friendly , helpful staff, exellent laundry service, loads of shops, restaurants on your doorstep and only a tuk tuk away from downtown.

I stayed there when I first came to CM. The location is great, the building is clean, however I found the rooms very basic and small. The lighting was terrible and I couldn't read at night. Also, they really tack on a huge markup on the electricity used.