Embassy In Phuket?

FlatOut

Ive stupidly damaged my UK passport visa and all :) so need a replacement as I am due a visa run for next month...had a ook on the british embassys site however im a bit unlcear...do I have to go to bangkok for a new one or is there somewhere here in Phuket?

From what I understand I cant get my old visa transfered to a new passport...its totally un-readable now as it was a stamped visa :D but i read that I would go to phuket immigration with my replacement passport and they would give me a permission of stay stamp? how long is this stamp for.

Luckily I have a copy of my last visa stamps from my border run in august not sure if they are of use.

hope this is in the right place sorry if not. just need some advise on what I should do as Ive never been in this position .

cheers

A visa will not be transferred; only extension of stay stamp/permission to stay stamp/re-entry permit stamp (as appropriate) issued by Thai immigration will be transferred. If you are using visa entry you will need to present both passports until the visa expires, and if your visa is so badly damaged/unreadable you may be refused entry back into the Kingdom. You should obtain a new visa from embassy/consulate abroad in your new passport.

thanks for your replies. ok so i will go to one of the three locations...stupid wuateion i guess i cant fly internallly with my damaged passport?

My visa is damaged so cant be read, the exit and entry stamps are also damaged but i have photcopies ...like i say dont think these will be of sue but i have them anyway.

sorry can u clarify ... i get my new passport...and do i just go to immigration here in phuket town will all docs from embassy etc and ask for a permission of stay stamp? then I fly to say Laos and get new visa....Did have a b visa but this would have expired late next month anyway so was going to get a new visa, but now my costs have rocketed thanks to the washer :)

if i do the above how long do immigration give me...ie do i have to leave the country the day i get my new passport, or is it a week? so I can prepare for flights out to get my new visa etc.

Thanks

sorry can u clarify ... i get my new passport...and do i just go to immigration here in phuket town will all docs from embassy etc and ask for a permission of stay stamp? then I fly to say Laos and get new visa....Did have a b visa but this would have expired late next month anyway so was going to get a new visa, but now my costs have rocketed thanks to the washer :)

You get your new UK passport (from Uk embassy in Bankok) and goto any Thai Immigration office with the old passport, new passport, and the photocopies. They will update your new passport with the old visa/departure date. I would guess that your previous departure date would apply. An extension might be granted, but that would depend on your visa status.

Need to get a replacement Passport in BKK.

Mine went through the wash years ago, about a week after returning form the states with my one year visa (full page sticker type), went to the embassy got a new passport (rush order of 2 weeks) went to Thai immigration and they stapled my old cruddy passport to my new one as they said they could not transfer the visa but I still may use it.

maybe things have changed