Tv Promotion At Big C Chiang Mai

KevinHunt

Siam tv have some great offers on sometimes. :)

Really?

They sell baseball bats too??

Kevin: you have spent years doing lots of serious buying from these places in CM. And others, I bet.

Please tell us more about these company policies and consumer rights around here. If any?!

I'm impressed by the fairness of these places in your advice so far.

We should know where to go and where not to go. And the 'clean' places deserve the good publicity.

Not getting anywhere close to libel actions of course........

Or worse. A ban!

Siam tv have some great offers on sometimes. :)

The great offers are probably those display models which are turned on during working hours for the staff/potential customers to watch.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. If electronics are going to fail, they usually do so in the first few (90?) hours of operation. That's been my experience. I had a friend who always insisted on buying the floor model. He had a tv that was good as new after 20 years and no problems with stereo stuff. FWIW

That's not necessarily a bad thing. If electronics are going to fail, they usually do so in the first few (90?) hours of operation. That's been my experience. I had a friend who always insisted on buying the floor model. He had a tv that was good as new after 20 years and no problems with stereo stuff. FWIW

Products made years ago were made to last. I bought a country house in 1981 with a frig that was over 40 years old. When I sold the place 17 years later, it still was working.

I once bought a telephone answering machine at the Emporium in Bangkok. When I got home with it, I discovered that it had an already-filled-out (in Thai) warranty card. When the answering machine didn't work, it dawned on me what had happened: The previous (Thai) owner of the machine returned it to the store when he discovered that it didn't work. They of course put it back on the shelf - complete with filled out warranty card - to be sold to the next unsuspecting sucker. When I tried to return it for a refund, they refused to give me my money back. If that's how they do business at "reputable" stores, just imagine how it must be at other places!

Every time I have bought something electrical in Thailand, Big C, Carrefour or Makro they have unpackaged it, made sure it worked and demonstrated it to me. Criticize Thai retailing if you must but that is better service than I would have got back home.

I completely agree, a few months back I bought a cheap (15 quid I think?) shredder from Tescos in London, got it home and it didn't work, at all! Nothing! So, i took it back, 'sorry about that' they said, after the 'Customer Service' people had finished their conversation they sent for someone from the electrical dept. who had another conversation about something else, then eventually got me another one, which I took home and found that it didn't work either!

Took that one back, spoke to a manger who informed me with a straight face that 'oh none of those work everyone has brought them back'!!! BUT THEY'RE STILL ON THE SHELVES!

Astonishing!