Water Pump - Mechanical Or Electronic ?

G'day,

I have been looking at the Hitachi and the Mitsu pumps, one 280W, one 300W. Both are the cube type available from HomePro. The Mitsu has the electronics and all the "changs" say to buy anything without it because electronics are hard and expensive to service.

I don't buy that logic, not in this day and age. So I bought the Mitsu for about 6.7K. The Hitachi is cheaper at 6.3K.

Has anyone used that model and is happy with its reliability? I have a 2 story townhouse and intend to use it to drive a tub and rain showers.

Thanks

Matt

G'day,

I have been looking at the Hitachi and the Mitsu pumps, one 280W, one 300W. Both are the cube type available from HomePro. The Mitsu has the electronics and all the "changs" say to buy anything without it because electronics are hard and expensive to service.

I don't buy that logic, not in this day and age. So I bought the Mitsu for about 6.7K. The Hitachi is cheaper at 6.3K.

Has anyone used that model and is happy with its reliability? I have a 2 story townhouse and intend to use it to drive a tub and rain showers.

Thanks

Matt

Hi

Just buy the cheapest water pumps are very reliable normally.

I got an Hitachi, works great for 2 years now.

The reason for picking this and not the cheaper types is the material used for the pumphousing and pipes, it is made of an alloy.

Previously my pumps simply burst their tanks after 4 years of service.

Cheaper pumps tend to rust inside and discharge particles into your water mains, which is neither healthy nor pleasant.

After installing a high capacity pump keep an eye on your pvc pipes and taps, they might not be able to cope with the pressure, and start leaking.

G'day,

Thanks

Matt

Sounds like Mitsu 305Q. I v got 6 of them, and the oldest one is 6 years by now. Got 2 Hitachis too, but they tend to leak.

Just dont run them dry for hours.

At Homepro Hitachi has their own representatives, but Mitsu doesnt.

Drive a tub and rainshowers? Sure it can handle it? 300watt, 2,2 bar and like 1000 litres/hour.

Could be you need a Grundfoss, 750 watt, 2-2,5 bar and like 3000 litres/hour at 14k baht.

Drive a tub and rainshowers? Sure it can handle it? 300watt, 2,2 bar and like 1000 litres/hour.

Could be you need a Grundfoss, 750 watt, 2-2,5 bar and like 3000 litres/hour at 14k baht.

Yes it is the Mitsu EP305Q3. Indeed, the HomePro guys are pushing the Hitachi.

They told me that the Hitachi 280GP (or the Mitsu 305) is sufficient to drive the tub (170x80x40). They said if it has the bubbles like the spa type tubs, then it wouldn't be sufficient. A regular tub is fine.

However, I see in the Mitsu brochures that only the IP500 is able to drive the tubs. So I'm quite confused now.

Haven't noticed the Grundfoss. I'll check it out.

Matt

Yes it is the Mitsu EP305Q3. Indeed, the HomePro guys are pushing the Hitachi.

They told me that the Hitachi 280GP (or the Mitsu 305) is sufficient to drive the tub (170x80x40). They said if it has the bubbles like the spa type tubs, then it wouldn't be sufficient. A regular tub is fine.

However, I see in the Mitsu brochures that only the IP500 is able to drive the tubs. So I'm quite confused now.

Haven't noticed the Grundfoss. I'll check it out.

Matt

"Drive the Tub", is that to just fill up the tub? If so, on 2nd floor, it works fine even with a shower running. One of my houses is 3 storey, 3 bath, one tub. Works ok with 305Q installed on the groundfloor.

a grundfoss would fill up the tub three times faster though. have one in another building and its fantastic. and so quiet.

In another building I have tank 2m3 and 305Q on the roof supplying 7 bathrooms/showers/1 rainshower. works fine

"Drive the Tub", is that to just fill up the tub? If so, on 2nd floor, it works fine even with a shower running. One of my houses is 3 storey, 3 bath, one tub. Works ok with 305Q installed on the groundfloor.

Yes it is just to fill up the tub. Good to know that it is working fine. I though the MItsu was already very quiet, at least compared to the one I inherited from the townhouse.

Thanks

Matt