Results Of Oct. 2009 Chiang Mai Mayoral Election

Gonzo the Face

Update (bad) news for Chiang Mai.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul leader of a red-shirt group in Chiang Mai and Kanyapak (DJ Aom) Maneejak, Leader of Rak Chiang Mai 51, has got a big bonus from Tassanai to be the Vice Mayors of Chiang Mai City. :)

Edited by thaino1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see a thread on this at forum support but I'd like to say I don't think it's a very helpful new rule.

Sometimes one wants to specify what one is responding to without being accused of taking it out of context. This new rule makes that very difficult. :)

I didn't see a thread on this at forum support but I'd like to say I don't think it's a very helpful new rule.

Sometimes one wants to specify what one is responding to without being accused of taking it out of context. This new rule makes that very difficult. :)

Agreed. I can understand a prohibition against modifying, i.e. rewording, or even adding emoticons to quoted posts, but a rule against highlighting or color changing words and/or phrases/sentences - thereby enabling the reader to focus on the point in reference, is counter-productive.

Whoever is in charge, I hope they do some cleanup of the girl bars that seem to have tripled in the last couple years. I'd hate to see CM become Pattaya.

Wouldn't you be better off living in Utah? :)

By all means check out the Chicken Ranch (sorry it closed) but there is a nice selection in most of the gaming establishments. I have been told

In case you were interested, Dr. Pang just told me that she has a job to teach economics - money and banking at CMU. She also said that she will rally and come back to another go in four years.

With the present leadership (barring disqualification), the appointment of the cohorts mentioned, past record of political groups, they seem to associate with, she may reconsider. Especially if they have 4 years to do their thing.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul leader of a red-shirt group in Chiang Mai and Kanyapak (DJ Aom) Maneejak, Leader of Rak Chiang Mai 51, has got a big bonus from Tassanai to be the Vice Mayors of Chiang Mai City. :)

Hello Mods!

I'm not breaking your rules by questioning your rules. I'm just asking how this one has lasted more than 3 minutes?

Do you not know the old newspaper rule? The nearer the truth - the nearer the libel!

Hello Mods!

I'm not breaking your rules by questioning your rules. I'm just asking how this one has lasted more than 3 minutes?

Do you not know the old newspaper rule? The nearer the truth - the nearer the libel!

What's it got to do with the Mods? Tell the Rockers.  

Steve Marriott

My hero (Him and Slim Whitman)

source?

I had a discussion with the #10 candidate (a good guy in my opinion). According to him, there is already a grievance filed against the winner for bribery charges. He told me that the election will likely be annuled and a new one called. Has anyone else heard this?

Always interesting here in the LOS. Haven't heard, but if true certainly not surprised.

Whoever is in charge, I hope they do some cleanup of the girl bars that seem to have tripled in the last couple years. I'd hate to see CM become Pattaya.

I think that is an extremely minor issue and disagree that they have "tripled" in the last couple of years. C.M. is a long way from becoming another Pattaya. Some adult entertainment is necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the latest with the swearing in of the new mayor....

Last I heard there were charges of vote buying that were being investigated..... Any end to this ???

Not a thing but I have about 1745 used votes I'll let you have for half price. :)

Whats the latest with the swearing in of the new mayor....

Last I heard there were charges of vote buying that were being investigated..... Any end to this ???

Not a thing but I have about 1745 used votes I'll let you have for half price. :)

Possibly...... depends........ which candidate ?????? :D