Mid-range Thai Restaurant & High Up Bar With View

HalfSquat

Hello,

I am looking for a Thai restaurant that is nice inside with air con etc. Not too posh but nice inside. I know the best food comes from the more basic places but I am after somewhere that is nice inside as well as nice food. Preferably near a BTS or fairly central.

Also I am after one of those top floor bars with a good view over the city. Preferably one without too posh a dress code (if any). Any recommendations?

If you know of two that are close together that would be perfect.

I see the Banyan tree and Secret Garden are near each other on Sathorn road. Anyone know about them?

Thanks!

There's a very nice restaurant at the top of Zen department store in Central world, it's between the Siam and Chidlom bts stations, you can walk from either side.

There's no dress code but the place is very nice and has nice atmosphere, you can sit inside or enjoy a nice breeze outside (yes, breeze in Bangkok :) ).

There's of course the Bayoke tower (or how ever it's spelled correctly), there you can really see the entire city, but don't expect too much out of the food

in addition to ZENSE on top of Zen and Central World, other places with monster views:

Lebua: Sirocco / Breeze.

The Thai owner of boutique hotel Lebua, in the massive State Tower, took advantage of her prime piece of real estate to create not one but two stunning restaurant / bars on top of the city. Sirocco serves upscale Mediterranean cuisine. Breeze does Asian-style seafood.

1055 Silom Road

Centara Grand: Red Sky.

One of the newest venues on the list, Red Sky sits on the 55th floor of the Centara Grand Hotel, part of the Central World shopping complex. The 'urban bistro' menu includes mussels, steak, salmon, lobster and veal.

999/99 Rama 1 Road

Dusit Thani: D'Sens.

This French restaurant on the 22nd floor of the historic Dusit Thani Hotel doesn't match the heights of most of the other venues on this list, but D'Sens' views and fantastic cuisine make up for the lack of vertical thrills.

946 Rama IV Road, Silom

Banyan Tree: Vertigo & Moon Bar/Pier59/Latitude Lounge & Bar.

Bangkok's Banyan Tree Hotel has three separate venues that tower over the city. Vertigo's specialty is barbecued seafood, though it also grills a mean steak and has a good vegetarian menu. Pier59 is all about seafood. Lattitude is a lounge that serves Asian tapas.

21/100 South Sathorn Road

Pan Pacific: Panorama.

Panorama opened in mid-2009 but its chefs are already doing very impressive things. With dishes like frozen fois gras and Alaskan king crab, the menu is so intriguing diners might forget to check out the excellent views of the Bangkok downtown skyline.

952 Rama IV Road, BTS: Sala Daeng

Millennium Hilton: Three Sixty Lounge.

Millennium Hilton's 32nd-floor Three Sixty Lounge is the rebel of our list, the only venue located on the south side of the Chao Phraya River. Ok, it doesn't really have much in the way of food. But the views make it perfect for an after dinner drink following a juicy steak at Prime.

source:

http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/drink/9-bangk...er-menus-904365

Hello,

I am looking for a Thai restaurant that is nice inside with air con etc. Not too posh but nice inside. I know the best food comes from the more basic places but I am after somewhere that is nice inside as well as nice food. Preferably near a BTS or fairly central.

Also I am after one of those top floor bars with a good view over the city. Preferably one without too posh a dress code (if any). Any recommendations?

I see the Banyan tree and Secret Garden are near each other on Sathorn road. Anyone know about them?

Thanks!

The two places you mentioned fit what you are looking for pretty well except Vertigo is fairly posh. I don't know if they actually have a dress code or not but most people there dress well but not formal.

Hello,

Thanks!

You are right that you can get great Thai food in very basic places but I would say the best Thai food I have ever had was in Benjarong in the basement of The Dusit Thani hotel. The setting is very nice and from here you are a short cab ride away from Vertigo at The Banyan Tree.

Another nice rooftop bar that I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned yet is the bar on top of Siam at Siam hotel. The balcony at Long Table, while not on the roof, has a very nice view and is a good place for a drink.

Edited by KCM