Quiet Family Beach Around Pattaya

patrickinpattaya

Hi there, my family are all coming out to Pattaya soon, was justt wondering which is the best beach to take them to. We'll be going out to coral island a few times, I live just north of Pattaya close to the police station and wanted to know what beaches you would recommened as we'll have old parents and children with us. Naklao is suppose to be nice, is there anything further up worth a look.

Thanx

Patrick

Hi there, my family are all coming out to Pattaya soon, was justt wondering which is the best beach to take them to. We'll be going out to coral island a few times, I live just north of Pattaya close to the police station and wanted to know what beaches you would recommened as we'll have old parents and children with us. Naklao is suppose to be nice, is there anything further up worth a look.

Thanx

Patrick

As far as I know there are no quiet "best beach" in Pattaya area. All the beaches are sub par compared to further south or Koh Chang or Koh Samet. Ko Samet is probably closest to you- a bit of a drive. Coral island is the best bet. But the coral is damaged and not good snorkeling. If you live in Pattaya you must know the condition and nature of the beaches there-not exactly tropical paradise. Phuket and other southern islands are good-but I am sure a bit far for you. There maybe smaller beaches somewhere else around Pattaya--but I I do not know where. Maybe someone else can help you.

If you don't want to go too far out of your way then there's a quiet bay at the bottom of Soi 4 in Pratumnak.

It's in front of Asia Hotel and Cabbages and Condoms and the beach is kept clean and there's not so many hawkers around like at other public beaches.

Only problem is getting down to it as the stairs are in need of repair and it's in a mess so the access miught be a bit much for old parents.

If you can get in through Asia Hotel or Cabbages and Condoms you should be OK though.

Grab a ferry from Bali Hi pier over to Koh Larn. 20 Baht each way. last ferry back is 4pm.

post-78403-1254950371_thumb.jpg

The water is crystal clear

Gotta go to Koh Larn. Otherwise, kids love Dongtan Beach, especially because of Pattaya Park.

Koh Larn = Coral Island, which the OP already said he plans to visit.

I would agree with LennyW, travel south to Ban Amphur or Ban Saray

Edited by QED

Thanx all, I go regular to coral island the kids love it. We take the kids to jomtien its better for kids than pattaya beach, doees anyone use Naklua beach, told its quiet? and does anyone know of anything further up towards laem chabang, I ant to do a bit of exploring prior to going to Isaan,

Cheers

Can anyone tell me how Koh lan compares to Koh Samet. I haven't been to either. Which would you prefer?

Havent been to Samet but lan is convienient to get to, we go by speedboat to the "back" of the island its not as busy and really nice for kids, the beach has jet ski barriers so you can swim without having ur head took off. Definately worth the expense of the speed boat.

Am toying with going to samet next time, what sort of prices to get there and how long?

^ And the OP can get his family all on your bike?

Regards Naklua's beaches, I haven't been on them for a couple of years but recall Wong Amat being quiet if somewhat overpopulated with beach umbrellas thus making it a bit claustrophobic. However, very easy to keep an eye on the kids, well away from noisy traffic and the peddlers were thin on the ground. I didn't recall seeing any pesky jet-skis either and as usual, there was always a vendor who could supply reasonably priced food and cold beer. Compared with Jomtien, it was much, much nicer, especially during the week. Weekends would probably be too crowded.

Edited by NanLaew