Identity Theft

clifric

Anyone have an idea where I can get a shredder? I always have a problem getting rid of old copies of documents - bank statements, passport etc that get returned to me after the various Thai organisations have looked at them and, believe me or not, discarded them.

I do not like dumping anything that has personal details recorded upon it but have yet to see a shredder anywhwere in Thailand to date.

Any ideas?

cool.gif

Always a good idea: Try Office Depot. Be sure to get a cross shredder and not a simple horizontal shredder. "Fellows" makes a good one. Not cheap at 3 to 4 K Baht but long lasting. Also oil the blades from time to time.

I tear paper up.

I used to use a shredder - they are available at any good office equipment store in places like computer malls - but I discovered that it is much better just to put the document in with the washing up/whatever. After a few minutes it is soggy and you can screw it up into a ball that could never be re-opened.

Had 3 shredders all stopped working a week or 2 after the warranted endded

Also put in a bucket of water, is easy and much better, I leave them in the water for a couple of days as you pick them up they fall to bits then stir and squeeze the water out, soon drives and and impossible to open or ever read again..

Had 3 shredders all stopped working a week or 2 after the warranted endded

Also put in a bucket of water, is easy and much better, I leave them in the water for a couple of days as you pick them up they fall to bits then stir and squeeze the water out, soon drives and and impossible to open or ever read again..

That's probably why you're SUPER member. I used shredders in the UK but wasn't sure of the incidence of identity theft here but the washing up water seems like a good idea as other guys have had reliability problems with shredders here.

Thanks all you members who responded.

Can close this thread from my point of view.