Experience With Elephant Farm?

THAIPHUKET

www.elephantnaturepark.org rescue some elephants from other camps nearby, as well as working and circus and street elephants - there's no watching them paint or play football, or reinacting lifting logs.... no riding but you can walk amongst them and play with them in the river. They have a very large area where they roam around....some elephants like to be away from people, others are happy being around people...it's about 45 kms north of Chiang Mai....towards Mae Taeng

Want to spend a couple of days with elephants. Accommodation should be comfortable.

Where did you have a good experience?

Dont know if location is relevant, e.g Lampang area more beautiful for elephant rides ?

Can you quote a single case of a single elephant that was rescued from another camp?

You are just repeating what you were fed at the ENP, correct?

\ Just finding facts - not making claims or statements. No further questions your honour. \

If you bothered to look at the ENP website you would easily find this information in the 'Meet the Herd' section

I don't have photos or names of elephants, I wasn't there when the transfer took place. But I spoke with Lek, the owner of Elephant Nature Park and I believed here. I saw the way she was with the elephants and i don't think she would have any reason to lie to me. I also saw , in a camp nearby, an elephant with a harness on, clearly about to, or having just taken, people for a ride on its back. It was moving repetitively back and forward which is a good sign that it was stressed. But I haven't done a study, it's true. But I think what I said can help contribute to the OP's decision.

Can you quote a single case of a single elephant that was rescued from another camp?

You are just repeating what you were fed at the ENP, correct?

\ Just finding facts - not making claims or statements. No further questions your honour. \

Want to spend a couple of days with elephants. Accommodation should be comfortable.

Where did you have a good experience?

Dont know if location is relevant, e.g Lampang area more beautiful for elephant rides ?

Please read this first ! Help Thai Elephants and know that are RIGHT and WRONG elephant camps !

Beside the wrong elephant camps who abuse elephants (see website) and abuse you by paying high provision to the taxidriver who 'dumps' you there (as they see it) out of your own pocket.

Try to find out about the elephant hospital in Lampang and the correct elephant camp in Mea Taeng.

capture625.gif

• 3 weeks later...