Is There A Travel Website That Will Do This?

Jamie

Say my wife and I are planning to tavel to Thailand next year...any time from January to June. Is there a website that will give us an idea as to when fares for a certain airline will be cheapest between these 6 months? Obviously prices can fluctuate from day to day but it would help us plan a little better. We are located in the US (Tucson) so we travel generally out of Tucson to LA or San Francisco and then onwards.

Any help is appreciated.

Jamie,

Here is my 20cents to your question; first NamThip is correct, forget asking any Thai travel agency.

As you mentioned, the travel industry rates can fluctuate daily (like a security market) deemed on future domestic/global travel

seats (on planes), hotels, any services which tie into traveling.

Your travel departing city is Tucson' and connecting out of either LA or SFO. The key is your departing city. As Tucson is a small

airport, I am not sure if this will affect your entire ticketing price - (you should ask fare quotes when doing so)

Departing out of LA or SFO is a much better choice on international ticketing largely due in part of the international airline competition avail from multiple airlines serving big Asian cities to reach to your final destination Bangkok. Here are a few airlines out of LA,SFO which you can choose from: UAL, DELTA/NW, Korean, Japan, China, Asiana, Thai Airline from LA, ANA.

* Since you live in Tucson AZ, try to get a fare quote out of Las Vegas Nevada connecting through either LA or SFO to reach

Thailand. Las Vegas is a very competitive airport in terms of pricing.

Seasonal departure; January, normally the beginning part will be priced higher in part of the New Years traffic.

February; avoid traveling during the 'CHINESE NEW YEAR' period (last about 2 weeks). Google for 2010 dates

Otherwise I think you will be alright if you avoid these period above, The intl. travel peak normally will ease after Chinese New Years.

Good Luck!

Say my wife and I are planning to tavel to Thailand next year...any time from January to June. Is there a website that will give us an idea as to when fares for a certain airline will be cheapest between these 6 months? Obviously prices can fluctuate from day to day but it would help us plan a little better. We are located in the US (Tucson) so we travel generally out of Tucson to LA or San Francisco and then onwards.

Any help is appreciated.

I lived in TUS (actually Tortolita) for many years, now Phuket. Friends come to visit me so in touch with my 2d favorite place in the world. Check these two sites: http://www.painai.com/flights.html and http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/ (that one may require login as guest). Enter TUS/BKK as depart/arrive locations, then work with the dates a bit. Painai quotes in Th baht (divide by 33.5, the current rate). Both sites send you to the airline company or a travel agent to book and pay for ticket. Note that the ITA quote may not include tax&extras, so be careful to get the real price (airline or agent quote). A quick look gave me UA all the way to/from TUS/BKK as the best-buy. I have flown them cross-Pacific many times and they are reliable and generally OK; Narita a bit of a drag for layover. My favorite is KoreanAir (Inchon/Seoul very nice airport). And of course LAX sux but cannot be avoided; SFO not any better.

January is still high season, Feb much more relaxed. Starts getting hot in March and warms up until the rains start (Usually late May but current rains started in late March). Of course TUS is at it's best in March ... miss the desert waking up in flowers.

Any help is appreciated.

I lived in TUS (actually Tortolita) for many years, now Phuket. Friends come to visit me so in touch with my 2d favorite place in the world. Check these two sites: http://www.painai.com/flights.html and http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/ (that one may require login as guest). Enter TUS/BKK as depart/arrive locations, then work with the dates a bit. Painai quotes in Th baht (divide by 33.5, the current rate). Both sites send you to the airline company or a travel agent to book and pay for ticket. Note that the ITA quote may not include tax&extras, so be careful to get the real price (airline or agent quote). A quick look gave me UA all the way to/from TUS/BKK as the best-buy. I have flown them cross-Pacific many times and they are reliable and generally OK; Narita a bit of a drag for layover. My favorite is KoreanAir (Inchon/Seoul very nice airport). And of course LAX sux but cannot be avoided; SFO not any better.

January is still high season, Feb much more relaxed. Starts getting hot in March and warms up until the rains start (Usually late May but current rains started in late March). Of course TUS is at it's best in March ... miss the desert waking up in flowers.

Thank you keeniau. I will have a go with the websites you provided. UA always gave me troubles for domestic flights.

Tucson is beautiful this time of year as the temps are starting to cool down. We had a lack of rain this summer (no monsoons) so it is particularly dry this year. My wife is Thai and has been here almost 2 years and she's having a difficult time with the dry air. It's a big difference between 90% humidity and 10% (if that).

you ca also search I suggest from LA (fix local conection later

these websites

kayak.com

mobisimo,com

do ot use cheapfares.com they are terribly unreliable took 7 months for a refund for dead friends tickets and we haf to threaten to sue

Any help is appreciate

january high season = expensive good luck

I travel internationally 4-5 times a year from Las Vegas. I find prices are all over the place. And vary from day to day. For example, where I got my best price 3 months ago, was one of the highest prices for my upcoming trip. Here is a great article:

http://www.upgradetravelbetter.com/2009/04...s-are-the-best/

Search every site you can, including directly with the airlines. My best price for my upcoming trip was with China Air directly (they are usually one of the cheapest airlines anyway). The best days to search and travel are Tuesday thru Thursday. Forget the weekends, unless you are lucky.

I was searching and a crazy price came up...less than $800 RT from Vegas to BKK. And it was gone 2 days later. Crazy.

I travel internationally 4-5 times a year from Las Vegas. I find prices are all over the place. And vary from day to day. For example, where I got my best price 3 months ago, was one of the highest prices for my upcoming trip. Here is a great article:

Search every site you can, including directly with the airlines. My best price for my upcoming trip was with China Air directly (they are usually one of the cheapest airlines anyway). The best days to search and travel are Tuesday thru Thursday. Forget the weekends, unless you are lucky.

I was searching and a crazy price came up...less than $800 RT from Vegas to BKK. And it was gone 2 days later. Crazy.

I've been recommended to use China Air by a few people. Seems whenever I check prices, however, they are usually not the cheapest. My wife's friend and husband recently (few months back) got tickets from LAX to BKK for less than $600. Best I've ever seen from TUS is around $1100.

I used to use a consolidator out of San Diego.

I'd pick what flight I wanted out of LA, and book it SD-LA-BKK. Korean Air charged the same from LA or SD. They had deals with commuter airlines to feed their international flights.

You might check and see if there is anything like that from Tucson.

Consolidators are cheaper, but you have to do some of the 'looking' yourself. If you don't need frills, they're the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been recommended to use China Air by a few people. Seems whenever I check prices, however, they are usually not the cheapest. My wife's friend and husband recently (few months back) got tickets from LAX to BKK for less than $600. Best I've ever seen from TUS is around $1100.

Not one of these sites works alone. Like the article partially pointed out; they are not 100% consistent so you have to check several at a time.

Once you find what looks good go to that airlines site and check. I do this often and it doesn't always prove the same pattern.

Sometimes I search the flight and available date and get my agent to sell me that seat cheaper than the airline, kayak, cheapo and so on

At times, the airline will offer a lower fare then any agents or searches but not often.

Guess you have to enjoy the hunt.

My advice (worth 50 satang) is to fly Southwest Tucson to LAX and then get the Thai Airways (TG) NON-STOP LAX to BKK (the only one from USA nowadays)... I would also forget about JAN and FEB 2010 (and maybe early MAR) and then one week before/after Songkran (April 13-15, 2010)... late MAR early APR is the best weather and the lowest overall prices for you plans.

bing.com/travel I think was advertising this exact function on an ad I saw earlier yesterday.

Interesting Jimjim. I will have to take a look at this.

My advice (worth 50 satang) is to fly Southwest Tucson to LAX and then get the Thai Airways (TG) NON-STOP LAX to BKK (the only one from USA nowadays)... I would also forget about JAN and FEB 2010 (and maybe early MAR) and then one week before/after Songkran (April 13-15, 2010)... late MAR early APR is the best weather and the lowest overall prices for you plans.

Thanks jazzbo. I thought Thai Airways was somewhat higher priced than other airlines (though I've not looked at them that closely)? I'll have to take a look and see what I can find. Thai Airways doesn't fly into Phoenix? I thought I had seen them there before, but could be wrong.