Jingthing

Do you know who Lady Gaga is?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know who Lady Gaga is?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't "do" polls

This poll is closed to new votes

OK, I am shamed to admit I first heard of LADY GAGA today! Either I am not "gay enough" or have lived in the third world boonies too long. Apparently LADY GAGA is the diva numero uno in gay USA. She appeared at the big gay politico event in D.C. with Barack Obama.

So, the question is, do I have to turn in my free toaster now?

"It is a privilege to be here tonight to open for Lady Gaga,"

Barack Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65zI9LH-as

You know what, i do know who she is, but ive yet to hear any of her music. Its because i read the msn stuff sometimes that pops up when i load messenger. Shes often there "lady gaga this, lady gaga that". But im not gay though... is that why I didnt get a free toaster? :D

edit: removed the quoted opening post before Peace Blondie blows his top at me :)

Edited by eek

Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Starstruck are her major hits....

Def Gay ICON - some say she is a transexual. :)

So Brit, does that make you gayer than me? Wouldn't take much ...

I wanna sit on your disco stick. :D

^ must admit Cyb worries me. :)

awww now come on brit lol.

I forget the title but it was the only song i heard of her (if you can call it song lol)

when i was in the Uk.

As for anything else most of it is most likely rubbish just like that one.

Well I had a listen to her hits now, and of course I had heard her music before, but didn't know who did it. I like it OK, maybe I can keep a really small toaster? Anyway, I prefer rice. My only comment is the tunes are recent but not really so fresh. They could have been released 30 years ago and been of that era as well, pop is pop. She is not a ts, she is a real woman. She projects some camp ts mannerisms and style, but that doesn't make her a real ts. If Obama is a bottom, he is a very pushy bottom, actually I wish he would push even harder! As the Lady said, equality doesn't mean SOMETIMES.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a rumour that she is a hermaphrodite, which she of course strongly denies. i saw a video of one of her shows whereby she used a motorbike as a prop and when she dismounted the bike there looked like what can only be described as Linford christie's lunchbox in her/his underwear. Hence the rumour.

Cheers, rick

There is a rumour that she is a hermaphrodite, which she of course strongly denies. i saw a video of one of her shows whereby she used a motorbike as a prop and when she dismounted the bike there looked like what can only be described as Linford christie's lunchbox in her/his underwear. Hence the rumour.

Cheers, rick

Not so sure rick. Apparently she said shes hermaphrodite. Not that it really matters what she is or isnt.

Not really into her music personally, but looks like shes having a lot of fun.

As speculated later this week by Starrtrash, Lady Ga-Ga has confirmed that she indeed is a hermaphrodite. Pictures of her vagina, which shows a bulge resembling a tiny penis were released last week that started the rumours about her gender identity. Starrtrash confirmed the story with her blog entry earlier this morning.

"Its not something that I'm ashamed of, just isn't something that i go around telling everyone. Yes. I have both male and female genitalia, but i consider myself a female. Its just a little bit of a penis and really doesnt interfere much with my life. the reason I haven't talked about it is that its not a big deal to me. like come on. its not like we all go around talking about our vags. I think this is a great opportunity to make other multiple gendered people feel more comfortable with their bodies. I'm sexy, I'm hot. i have both a poon and a peener. big ****ing deal."

http://wendyista.blogspot.com/2009/08/lady...maphrodite.html

Haha..well..that got ya going didnt it? ..actually it seems that this quote was made up by a blogger, but its circling the internet like wildfire. In the end its all free publicity stunts, so im sure she and her manager(s) probably embrace it. Dont think shes the shrinking violet time to get offended by it all.

I honestly don't care what she is as is the case with the RSA runner. People are people, but I was curious enough to watch the video. Don't like her music much though, but i guess i am from the wrong generation to appreciate it.

Cheers, Rick

Hermaphrodite is not the same as ts. Agreed, it doesn't matter.

Yes I do understand the difference and for whatever the reason the media are saying that she is a hermaphrodite. I reckon she is getting mega publicity from this, so maybe a stunt. Is she ain't she kind of thing. I bet her agent is loving it.

Cheers, Rick

Kabala and adopting an African baby has been done.

Ha ha too true. Old hat mate time for something new. Anything to keep the public interested. People seem to like oddities like Lou Reed, David Bowie and Iggy Pop in days gone by they pushed the limits. They were outrageous!

Cheers, Rick

Lady Gaga sux. She'll be as popular as Lady Bunny is 2 years from now and in 5 years, you'll have forgotten her just like you ditched RuPaul.

This abomination wrote songs for New Kids On the Block...... Need I say more? Ok, then how about she also wrote for the trainwreck called Britney. Yes K-Fed aka The Fat 1's ex. We're talking disposable trend, no staying power. She'll be out of style soon enough. At least Cher reinvented herself. In a caged fight, Pink would rip her to pieces.

She doesn't have the class or the power of Kylie - and if I have to write a last name there, you have lost the right to be gay. :)

And puhleeze. Her claim to paying homage to Burlesque? Bett Midler did that in the 70's with Barry Manilow in NYC's bathouses.

phooie.

"When you're young, anyone a decade older or more can seem like a gauche joke, tragically unaware of their own crashing irrelevance. They're either hopelessly out-of-touch (LOL! He's never heard of Lady Gaga!), embarrassingly immature (Ugh! He listens to Lady Gaga!) or hovering awkwardly in-between (Pff! He uses Lady Gaga as a catch-all reference for youth!)."

---The Guardian (12 October 2009)

:)

The comic timing of this Guardian article with this Thaivisa topic is poetry itself.