Is There Really Any Need For A Business Bank Account?

I'm having some serious problems with Kasikorns K-Biznet online banking. I have started a company in Thailand so I thought it was best to get a business account opened in the company name. It was 10x harder than opening my personal account and the online system is also 10x harder to use. You have your admin account, your signature account, my wife and then my account. All I want to do is transfer some money to pay some bills. It seems this can only be done in the signatures account which is fine as I have the details. When I go to transfer the funds I select my account and then the transfer to account does not give me any options. I don't have any options to enter any account details so I cannot transfer any funds. When I do the same thing with my personal cyber banking account, I get the option to add account details but on the biznet service there is no option. Not only that, with a business account you cannot have a bank card to transfer funds and anytime I want to take money out my wife has to go to the bank with a company stamp and transfer the funds as she is the main shareholder. I've have funds transferred from abroad so I know there is money in there from getting the bank checked, the problem is I cant get any money out either online or with a card.

I've tried calling, emailing and using their online chat facility and still no answer from them. So I guess my question is, Does anyone have the same problem with the online banking and how did you solve it?

Is there really any need for the business account when I could of just opened up another personal account and used that which much less hassle? If I open up another personal account I can get a card, get money out myself, use the online facilities that actually work. I just don't see any benefit to having an Business account over a personal account unless it's the law?

All of my clients are abroad, so I will never have any funds transferred over from a Thai company. All I need the account for is to pay my staff and bills which I currently can't do.

Any help appreciated

Jared

jared

with all your doc in hands, pls march into the manager's office and smilingly ask him/her to show you on screen, how to.....

you'll have your multiple problems resolved within minutes....

that was how i resolved my repetitious nagging problems with bangkok bank.....

however, if your balance is not sufficiently sizable, perhaps you should just settle with having the assistance walks you through....

good luck and have fun....

cheers

Edited by nakachalet

It's illegal to operate a company with a personal bank account, so you should really get a company account to avoid trouble in case you get controlled. Your customers abroad will also probably feel safer if they transfer money to a company account rather than a personal account.

Opening an account at SCB was a lot of hassle for me too, and I still haven't got around to using their online system. Good luck!

Try BIZ ibanking from Bangkok Bank - it can be set up so a single user "super user" can do anything, or if required it can enforce a "two to sign" type of policy. New accounts to transfer to are added on demand by the user. Currently free to apply and no monthly fees as I understand kbank charges.

First I heard about a personal account being illegal to be used for business.

FYI, Bangkok Bank even gives a credit card machine (the online type) allowing you to receive CC payments in your business, all the while linked to your personal account.

We use two accounts, a personal one (easy operating) and a business account, the latter simply for the reason that sometimes customers paying by check (mainly big multinationals) prefer to write them out to the business they have to pay. Guess easier accounting for them.

So convenient then if you have a business account as you can just drop the check in there.