Non 0 Marriage Extension

Anyone able to advise on when i should apply for my non-0 marriage extension?

I have two dates to work to. One is the date that my 12 month visa expires and the other is the date that immigration stamped my passport . I am assuming the latter and that i need to apply 2 weeks before this date.

Also, can i check that this is all i'll need:

- at least 400,000 in thai bank account deposited no less than 2 months before the date as above (official bank letter stating that this is the case along with bank book)

- marriage certificate (and birth certificate of our child)

- proof of address and living with wife

- relevant ID for my wife

- my passport

Do i need to apply in same province in which i live? i.e if i'm in Maehongson province can i apply in chiang mai?

If anyone has the time and can help thanks in advance

G

You should apply during the last 30 days of your permission to stay at the immigration office in the area where you are living.

Requirements being 400k in Thai bank account in your name for two months prior to application OR 40k/month income (your income). Using the bank balance option you will need a letter from bank confirming the account balance and copies of bank book.

You will need to take with you the wife (for interview), her ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), marriage certificate, photos together around the home, map to home, completed application form TM7, copies of passport/TM6 departure card and current passport sized photos. Some offices are now asking also for copy of marriage register. Cost 1,900 baht.

You will get a 30 day under consideration stamp. Immigration will give you a date to go back and get the remainder of your extension. If you plan to travel you should also obtain a re-entry permit from immigration as soon as extension made to keep your permission to stay alive. Fee 1000 baht single entry; 3800 baht multi entry.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

You should apply during the last 30 days of your permission to stay at the immigration office in the area where you are living.

Requirements being 400k in Thai bank account in your name for two months prior to application OR 40k/month income (your income). Using the bank balance option you will need a letter from bank confirming the account balance and copies of bank book.

You will need to take with you the wife (for interview), her ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), marriage certificate, photos together around the home, map to home, completed application form TM7, copies of passport/TM6 departure card and current passport sized photos. Some offices are now asking also for copy of marriage register. Cost 1,900 baht.

You will get a 30 day under consideration stamp. Immigration will give you a date to go back and get the remainder of your extension. If you plan to travel you should also obtain a re-entry permit from immigration as soon as extension made to keep your permission to stay alive. Fee 1000 baht single entry; 3800 baht multi entry.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Good Post. If I may add: Update you bank book on the same day you apply. If you do not you will be running for a your bank branch somewhere on Chaengwattana and that's a long run. Even with the Bank letter they want to book updated on the same day you apply. (This request 5 years running for me)

They want four different pages from your passport copied. I can not tell you which ones as it seems every year this is not quite the same.

Agree is good idea to update bank book on day of visiting immigration, but if not possible an ATM printout of account that agrees with balance in bank book/bank letter tends to suffice. Some banks anyway will freeze the account for 24 hours anyway after issuing immigration letter. Passport pages usually asked for are photo page, visa page, entry/permission to stay page.

Hello, I have all my ducks in a row. The 400k in the bank over 2 months, map to condo, photos, marriage cert, wife ID, all the other stuff, but, I do not understand...

"tabbien bahn (house book)" is this my wifes house book where she grew up or from the condo I live at/in ? I only rent this place.....thanks for the help!

Hello, I have all my ducks in a row. The 400k in the bank over 2 months, map to condo, photos, marriage cert, wife ID, all the other stuff, but, I do not understand...

"tabbien bahn (house book)" is this my wifes house book where she grew up or from the condo I live at/in ? I only rent this place.....thanks for the help!

Your wife will be regisered on someone's house book, maybe that of her parents. Ask her. It is the law for all Thai nationals to be registered somewhere.

Cool Thaiphoon ( cool sig) we have her housebook with her name on it. I thought maybe I needed to ask my landlord for something, nice. Thanks man.

• 2 weeks later...
:D I went to the immigration office with all the nessesary copies. All papers in two copies. One month befor expire of my NON-O visa, said I wanted a married visa. The offiser said he wanted to give me a NON-O visa again. Then I repeded my wich to have a married visa. This whent back and forth many many times. Then I was told that I should come back one week before expire of my Non-O visa. Now I feel they do not wanted to give me amarried visa do you think that to? :D I have been married for more then two years, have a Thai child with my child. :) Why do you think they did not wanted to give me a married VISA?

If I understand your post correctly, you are currently on Non-O visa (issued by embassy/consulate abroad) and wish to apply for 12 month extension of stay based on marriage to Thai. Suspect immigration have misunderstood you or perhaps something wrong with the paperwork. Suggest getting wife to give them call/visit to clarify. Here is a copy of appropriate police order (777/2551):

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

By way of checklist:

Requirements are 400k in Thai bank account in your name for two months prior to application OR 40k/month income (your income). In the case of income from abroad you will need to obtain an income letter from your embassy. In the case of income within Thailand, you will need to show tax receipts. If using the bank balance option you will need a letter from bank confirming the account balance and copies of bank book.

When applying you will need to bring wife with you for interview, her ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), marriage certificate, photos together around the home, map to home, completed application form TM7, copies of passport/TM6 departure card and current passport sized photos. Cost 1,900 baht. Some offices are now asking also for Kor Sor 2 (copy of marriage register) so best to check. If using bank funds route is good idea to update bank book on day of visiting immigration, but if not possible suggest obtaining an ATM printout of account that agrees with balance in bank book/bank letter. Note that some banks will freeze the bank account for 24 hours after issuing immigration letter.

You will get a 30 day under consideration stamp. Immigration will give you a date to go back and get the remainder of your extension. If you plan to travel during the period of the extension you will need to obtain a re-entry permit from immigration to keep your permission to stay alive. Fee 1000 baht single entry; 3800 baht multi entry. .

Edited by thaiphoon

Thank you Thaiphoon and everyone else for very clear advice

One question. What do you mean by marriage register? I have a marriage certificate, do i need to go to Umper where we registered and get them to print off this?>

Also, another question, can i apply in Chiang mai if i live in Maehongson province?

Cheers

It's the details recorded in the book at the amphur where they noted your marriage. Some immigration offices are asking for a copy of that (Form Kor Sor 2) with extensions of stay based on marriage. Suggest you check with your local immigration office first in case it is required. You have to apply for your extension at the immigration office covering the area where you are living.

Edited by thaiphoon

There is also a document that lists your marriage at the registry office and a copy of that is now being required along with the certificate itself. One is called (Kor Sor) two and the other three. Have a copy of both.

You must use the office of the province you live.

hi sKor Sor is news to me

When was this introduced as I got my extension last month and was not asked for

Map

Photos

Certificate from wedding Office

Did need in the end 104 fotocopies in toatal at cost of 52 Baht

oh and money was only in account 36 days when I applied at

Had letter told to come back

returned about 6 weeeeks later from Europe and handed extension immediatley and told to report in 97 days

So as you see it varies