Sellind Home/farm

Hi everyone,

I need your advise on selling 34 Rai total (2 red land titles) ; 28 Rai rubber 13 or 14 year trees established, 6 Rai adjoining property with Bali style home, well, oval pond, underground electric, trees etc. ALSO; rubber processing shop and equipment everything very nice and built farang quality and designed by me and on paved road 1/2 km from village 8km to airport. I am an Arborist and have a family background in construction. The property is not completly finished but is definately live/ workable and very high potential. My wife and I have a son and we need to go back to the states for his education and are not comfortable leaving this home in someones care. Sorry about being so long but really looking for input here.

What is a red land title?

The land probably isn't Nor Sor or Chanote, in which case the property cannot be legally transferred. This stuff does sell. A foreigner may buy it, just as you did, but you are going to have to do some searching. If you want to sell quickly then to be honest it is probably going to involve you selling to one of your thai neighbours, they won't want the house particularly and you won't get full value fot the property.

The land probably isn't Nor Sor or Chanote, in which case the property cannot be legally transferred. This stuff does sell. A foreigner may buy it, just as you did, but you are going to have to do some searching. If you want to sell quickly then to be honest it is probably going to involve you selling to one of your thai neighbours, they won't want the house particularly and you won't get full value fot the property.

Thanks for the reply, the red title is a legally surveyed and plotted by boundary markers and aerial plot map. This is what i am thinking is chanote or nor sor (home) the trees 28r are green seal which is also marked and plotted both on the title and phisycaly. Land without these sell for no more than 1/3 value but this entire land segment. I just don't recall the Thai term I will ask my wife when she wakes up. Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks for the reply, the red title is a legally surveyed and plotted by boundary markers and aerial plot map. This is what i am thinking is chanote or nor sor (home) the trees 28r are green seal which is also marked and plotted both on the title and phisycaly. Land without these sell for no more than 1/3 value but this entire land segment. I just don't recall the Thai term I will ask my wife when she wakes up. Please let me know your thoughts

Hi again, the red is Chanote, green is Nor Sor in my case the green can be changed to red for $. I did not when we were at the land agency because I did not want to spend 20kb at the time. At the time of searching for the property my wife insisted on Red titles now I know they are call Chanote. Thanks.... so in light of this discovery and confirmation does anyone have any suggestions on how to properly sell this land. This is not the typical blue or orange home that you see everywhere in Issaan and I would like foreigners to have a look as well.. exposure

Where is the land / house?

The land is located just between Baan Dong Yen and Baan Dat on through paved road. I do not know the actual address...gotta ask the wife again. Major hwy from Buri ram to Satuek...turn off hwy opposite biomass plant between Baan Dan and airport. Hope this gives you an idea.

Having Chanote and Nor Sor land titles for agricultural land is unusual and adds considerable value to your property. Rubber prices are very good at the moment. It would be interesting to know your yield per Rai per month. This is a really good money spinner.

I note your rubber trees are 13 to 14 years old. At this currently age they are at their most productive (I am friends with thai rubber farmers, not a total anorak BTW). When they are 21 years or above the Thais tend to cut them down and replant. The lumber from these rubber trees is valuable as it used for furniture (they call it Para wood). A buyer would want to start planting the next crop of trees as they take 7 years or so before they produce rubber.

Richer farmers tend to have neat agreements (share-cropping) where they have families staying on the land and doing all the work for 50% of the income.

Personally it sounds as though at the right price this could be an attractive deal for someone with a Thai wife, even if they didn't want to stay there all year round. I think you should tell us how much you want for it. It might be a good idea for you to get some feedback on what you should be asking for it.

Having Chanote and Nor Sor land titles for agricultural land is unusual and adds considerable value to your property. Rubber prices are very good at the moment. It would be interesting to know your yield per Rai per month. This is a really good money spinner.

I note your rubber trees are 13 to 14 years old. At this currently age they are at their most productive (I am friends with thai rubber farmers, not a total anorak BTW). When they are 21 years or above the Thais tend to cut them down and replant. The lumber from these rubber trees is valuable as it used for furniture (they call it Para wood). A buyer would want to start planting the next crop of trees as they take 7 years or so before they produce rubber.

Richer farmers tend to have neat agreements (share-cropping) where they have families staying on the land and doing all the work for 50% of the income.

Personally it sounds as though at the right price this could be an attractive deal for someone with a Thai wife, even if they didn't want to stay there all year round. I think you should tell us how much you want for it. It might be a good idea for you to get some feedback on what you should be asking for it.

This is an attractive opportunity for anyone with a Thai wife...Yes

I bought this land without a deeded road to it, then I bought the second parcel and put in a road so now the rubber land is protected access from my land.

We have an amazing husband wife team that live here in one of the two workers quarters included with the shop. They do everything but are willing to split the work with another team. They work 14 hour days if not more and would be included if new owner will care for them.

The average income for me when I stayed there in 2008' was 50k per month net. During that time I managed to construction of the shop and home. If I am to continue this management of rubber trees I will further invest to their well being and health and keep them or just sell now at the right price. My wife manages it now and I cannot get a valid report on income but i'm sure it is in line with last year or more.

I've heard the lumber value is about 2.5m for the trees....

I do not stay there now as my business in U.S. is dependent on my presence and I do need to think of my son.

Yes, this is two separate properties being sold together without any shady, misleading or other tactics involved. I will deal directly with interested party to avoid any confusion or language errors. Every detail can be confirmed.

I forgot to mention we have a nice crop of rice (approx 2 rai), Tilapia in pond are delicious included within the 6rai home.

5,500,000B or best cash offer

Does anybody know where I can list this property? Or will it even last?

Thanks all

I bought this land without a deeded road to it, then I bought the second parcel and put in a road so now the rubber land is protected access from my land.

We have an amazing husband wife team that live here in one of the two workers quarters included with the shop. They do everything but are willing to split the work with another team. They work 14 hour days if not more and would be included if new owner will care for them.

The average income for me when I stayed there in 2008' was 50k per month net. During that time I managed to construction of the shop and home. If I am to continue this management of rubber trees I will further invest to their well being and health and keep them or just sell now at the right price. My wife manages it now and I cannot get a valid report on income but i'm sure it is in line with last year or more.

I do not stay there now as my business in U.S. is dependent on my presence and I do need to think of my son.

Yes, this is two separate properties being sold together without any shady, misleading or other tactics involved. I will deal directly with interested party to avoid any confusion or language errors. Every detail can be confirmed.

I forgot to mention we have a nice crop of rice (approx 2 rai), Tilapia in pond are delicious included within the 6rai home.

Thanks all

Have you posted this in the ThaiVisa Classified section and forum? There are many other such websites that allow you to post on. Some with a small fee and some for free. If I were you, I would put myself in the shoes of someone looking to buy land/house/business like yours. Do a google search and you will find several websites where you can ask for your offer to be posted.

Edited by donx

Thanks all

Have you posted this in the ThaiVisa Classified section and forum? There are many other such websites that allow you to post on. Some with a small fee and some for free. If I were you, I would put myself in the shoes of someone looking to buy land/house/business like yours. Do a google search and you will find several websites where you can ask for your offer to be posted.

Thanks Donx,

I will try to submit to the classified and other areas if possible. The google search was less than impressive for northeast (Isaan) and I don't hear back from anyone kind of the lazy approach to life thing I guess.

I am searching for a listing site or any other marketing Ideas so please pass along any particular links or info that you would recommend.

Much appreciation.

Jim

Id love to see some photos

Hi Benjie,

I am in the states now and did not think of taking pics last month simply because I hadn't thought of selling this land. I will have to return to take and submit photos.

Obviously, I need to anyway and I will follow up on that and post them.

Everyones input is really great.

Thanks

Jim

I cannot help but notice that the OP keeps referring to his property and his rubber trees. What are the legal arrangements for ownership? Where does the wife stand in all of this, is she willing to sell what is at least 50% (at a minimum) her property?

Yes in deed!

The land is in her name. I was with her before SHE bought it, during the sale and through the entire process with the land title. I designed, chose the contractors and managed the entirety.

You have a good point and that should be clear but when you come to look at HER land I bet you want to talk to me. She does not really want to sell but will if I decide to. The sale of this land is not for us as mentioned before.

thanks