Help Me. They Want To Kick Me Out

Another option is she hires you as manager of her restaurant, you get her to do the paperwork to get the Work Permit, it is not difficult to do few visits to the Employment/Work Permit Office, you have to have a Non O visa stamp in your passport, if you don't then you will have to go get one, it does not have to be current, it takes about a week to get the WP and then a month for approval from immigration for the one year visa..

This will cost you about: 2000 baht a month in tax based on 40,000B month salary(required). You only need to show the tax paid each month not show bank recieving salary.. She will also have to get medicare for two Thai employees, the cost of this is minimal 5% of their salary.

The cost of work permit 3100B One year visa 1900B Total cost per year about 30,000B

No visa runs. You jsut have to sign in at immigration every 90 days.

Not bad way to go as you do not have to do visa runs and you are able to help her in operations of the business without a worry of breaking the law..

Good luck

Edited by Lite Beer
Advise that may well be illegal removed. Lite Beer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your whole family lives on your wife's 60kBaht a month?

you need a job!

there's lots of money on the Internet. scraping $2k US a month off the net is part time work.

another trick is to just keep moving that 40kBaht in and out of your bank account every month. you cant transfer money in and out from the same source (they check that) but cash deposits and withdrawals are untraceable.

i dont have a problem with my bank balance, but if i did, thats what i'd do..

Very useful thread...all the 'constructive' postings are really appreciated...thank you!

I have some questions on the subject of getting a multiple entry visa O...regarding the required paperwork by the KL Thai consulate.

My situation is slightly difficult in the fact that I had a child with a Thai woman...but we were never married choosing to 'live in sin!'

We have since split up...for the past 3 years she has lived abroad with her husband. Myself and my 7 year old son live in Thailand...he has my family name on his birth certificate.

Up to the present I've always had work permits but like so many at the moment jobs are scarce, so I have to find other means of staying here.

The multiple Non O sounds like a god solution...but seeing as I'm not married (and have never been!) my predicament with getting a Multiple Entry Non O will require other papers to be presented to the KL consulate...Can anyone help me and give me a summary of 'exactly' what I will need to show them...please be specific as I can't afford to go to KL and find I don't have the correct papers.

Thank you in advance for all your help and advice!

you need a job!

there's lots of money on the Internet. scraping $2k US a month off the net is part time work.

another trick is to just keep moving that 40kBaht in and out of your bank account every month. you cant transfer money in and out from the same source (they check that) but cash deposits and withdrawals are untraceable.

For most familes in Thailand 60k is more than enough per month. Unless it is a situation where the bread winner is supporting extended family members.

you need a job!

For most familes in Thailand 60k is more than enough per month. Unless it is a situation where the bread winner is supporting extended family members.

60 k's? My family has 5 members and we live on less than 40 k's this includes paying for car and land and so on

Very useful thread...all the 'constructive' postings are really appreciated...thank you!

I have some questions on the subject of getting a multiple entry visa O...regarding the required paperwork by the KL Thai consulate.

My situation is slightly difficult in the fact that I had a child with a Thai woman...but we were never married choosing to 'live in sin!'

We have since split up...for the past 3 years she has lived abroad with her husband. Myself and my 7 year old son live in Thailand...he has my family name on his birth certificate.

Up to the present I've always had work permits but like so many at the moment jobs are scarce, so I have to find other means of staying here.

The multiple Non O sounds like a god solution...but seeing as I'm not married (and have never been!) my predicament with getting a Multiple Entry Non O will require other papers to be presented to the KL consulate...Can anyone help me and give me a summary of 'exactly' what I will need to show them...please be specific as I can't afford to go to KL and find I don't have the correct papers.

You can apply for extension of stay as parent.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Note: Two months first extension after that 3 months

you need a job!

We can and do live well from half that.

hi there

i am a 37 years old german, married with a thai and have two kid's with her.

the last 5 years i got my non O visa in Mae Sot at the immigration.

It was based on her income from her restaurant, because i haven't got 400.000 on my bank.

The income is 60.000 a month and we got the tax invoice.

the last monday they told me we need both now.

show an income and the money in the Bank. And :D a picture of our family.

The picture won't be a big problem, but the cash.

they give me a 60 day stamp ( which cost me 1900,- :) ) and told me to put money on my bank

and come back after 60 days.

Is that really a new law? or just the wrong immigration officer?

is it possible to get a visa in Lao, cambodia or somewhere else?

don't want to leave my family.

Have to stay here, however.

thanks for help

Why don't you just get a support visa, if you are married with children?

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

((cut))

Do not believe that option is available if married; and if not married requires legal custody.

you need a job!

when is that NOT the situation? lol

we keep to our US standard of living here in Thailand (better actually) so i cant relate to those trying to live on as little as possible. i didnt move to Thailand to live in a rice field. just wanted to get out of the US.

no one should try to live down to the lowest standard. whats the fun in that? hustling online all day is a lot better than sitting on the porch swatting mosquitos & drinking Leo.

That is a requirement by immigration for extension of stay. AFAIK Singapore is very unlikely to issue more than a single entry non immigrant O visa - and that should not require any show of money - if that is what you are talking about.

Just to clarify, for the very first O visa, the 400K needs to be in the bank for 2 months prior to applying?? How strict is Singapore with this?

Thanks very much

There is no requirement to have 400,000 Baht in the bank to apply for a Non Imm O Visa.

They run hot and cold so probably not your best choice - KL is sure to issue multi with much less in a bank account. Singapore had offered multi entry based on such financial proof in the past and then stopped doing so. It would appear they may have gone back to doing it but that page makes no reference to multi entry so they may require the funds for single entry (rather than the copy of spouse ID card other Consulates now require).

OK give me the money and I will go for you. What do you want from these guys they are trying to help you and you keep putting up obstacles. I honestly think that you are taking the Mickey.

because nobody give me a clear answer.

do i need my wife to go with me or not?

-Sorry but if you been living here for a while then you should know that NOTHING in Thailand is straitforward = "clear answers".So  :) ..of farangs that can't get a clear answers...I personally hate this moore then anything else BUT please stay calm..if you can and good luck with your VISA. :D

jessicar

since you seem to have so much worries and concerns, maybe you really need to take your thai wife with you to Kuala Lumper or Penang.... rather than other distance countries....

should you get stuck for any reason..... you and her are still close to home..... other relatives can drive over to help you within 24 hours....

and if you really need help you can reach me at zero eight nine, one nine seven, one nine one nine.... or you can have your wife calls me to discuss your concerns in her language, ok?

either way.... good luck to you and her and your entire family

cheers

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Thank you for your reply...What papers will I need as proof of my parental status for the Multi Non O aside from the Birth Certificate? According to the other posts the 400K in the account isn't important but in my case the job is, right? I already have a work permit which finishes at the end of this year but will not be renewed due to close of contract (I obviously won't tell them that!)...hence the need for the multiple Non O. So my question is what is the complete gamut of paperwork that I will need to take as an expat one parent child living in Thaialnd to the KL embassy?

Thank you for your reply...What papers will I need as proof of my parental status for the Multi Non O aside from the Birth Certificate? According to the other posts the 400K in the account isn't important but in my case the job is, right? I already have a work permit which finishes at the end of this year but will not be renewed due to close of contract (I obviously won't tell them that!)...hence the need for the multiple Non O. So my question is what is the complete gamut of paperwork that I will need to take as an expat one parent child living in Thaialnd to the KL embassy?

I find lopburi3s answers to be excellent but I must question one thing this time. I do not see that you cannot apply for extension based on 2.18.5 only because you are married to a Thai. But I may be wrong of course. It is not always what we read in the police orders that is de facto but sometimes also how immigrations want to interpret things. lopburi3s, where have you heard that?

Another question is: Is it enough to be legally recognized as father of the child? 1) father registers the birth himself or 2) Legally registered marriage with the mother (before or after birth are both OK) or 3 ) getting a certificate of fathership (rapp long bott) OR... does it also require sole custody or custody being granted by juvenile court? I am not sure but I have understood it as being legally recognized as father according to one of the 3 points above does indeed mean that you have shared custody automatically. Unless status is changed by juvenile court.

I am not married to the mother but I have certificate of fathership: The mother is not allowed to change where the child is registered in tabien baan without my consent, I can demand back my child from grand parents and relatives (but not from the mother and she cannot demand back from me). I understand that as I have shared custody

OK, this thread isn't directly about this but I think that it is relevant - if the original opener of the thread can get to stay with his family by requesting to get the extension on basis of being a parent instead.

I can see no trace of that parent must be no less than 49 years old in the new police order. Anyone who knows and can confirm if this rule actually has changed now?

"What papers will I need as proof of my parental status" - There are 3 ways to prove that you legally are the father in Thailand that I know of

1) Your child is legitimized if you registered the birth yourself. Check the birth certificate, that your name is specified as father means nothing in itself legally but if your name ALSO is shown as being the one who registered the birth, that's at the bottom, then the child is legitimized and you are the legal father

2) Legally registered marriage with the mother and you have legitimized her children=> you are the father

3) Certificate of fathership (bai rapp long bott). You can get it at juvenile court (saan yawachonn lae krabkroa) for sure, takes 3 months or so. Some Amphors write it out for you while you wait, takes a few hours and cost a hundred bath or so. The wife must agree and sign and you must also the child. It depends on where you are if Amphor accepts to write it for you or not. Loei where I got mine were more busy playing with my daughter than working and were more than happy to help out, I have heard that Bangkok and Ohuket are out-of-question. Other areas I don't know

Mikey

Edited by MikeyIdea